• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
The piece on The National / CBC in Canada was like 2 minutes long, opened with her accusations, barely covered Depp (just finger cut clip), and then finished with someone saying this is going to hurt victims and stop them from coming forward (the lawsuit). What about male victims coming forward? Seems like she wasn't thinking about that at all.

Not shocked but disappointed.

Found it:

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I feel like Heard definitely slipped up at the end there talking about how they would call each other terrible names, then she stuttered for a bit, spoke about a bruise she did not know where it was on her body and then stuttered again before talking about how Depp would always hit her repeatedly.

I am just shocked at how her lawyer team isn't coaching her to keep the words to a minimum, keep it to facts not hearsay etc. She is completely screwing things up for herself IMO.

The faces of Depp's lawyers when she started talking about Depp constantly hitting her but she couldn't remember where the bruises were:

KqpB3q9.jpg
I think it's been mentioned but Heard's team is trying to prolong the direct examination to get through the rest of the day until the scheduled 10-day trial break which starts tomorrow. I expect her to be less flowery in her language once the trial resumes.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
CNN and HLN showing only Amber Heard's selective testimony and never showing Depp's all this time when they're owned by Warner Bros. Discovery, which will release Aquaman 2 next year, doesn't scream unethical at all, no siree.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
The piece on The National / CBC in Canada was like 2 minutes long, opened with her accusations, barely covered Depp (just finger cut clip), and then finished with someone saying this is going to hurt victims and stop them from coming forward (the lawsuit). What about male victims coming forward? Seems like she wasn't thinking about that at all.

Not shocked but disappointed.

Found it:

I guess I just find the attempt at unbiased reporting to come off as biased. IDK.

No one cares about male victims. The fact they default to shitting on Depp if he wins rather than shitting on Heard for false accusations says it all really.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
I first would like to state that victims may not have evidence to back up their claims of abuse, but this does not mean they have not been abused. However, I feel what ultimately hurts Amber's credibility here the most is that she had taken multiple pictures, including the bruise on her arm, JD's cocaine table, him sleeping, etc., as well as filming JD slamming cupboard doors, but when it comes to the most intense moments such as when JD hit her hard enough that her blood spewed onto the wall, that suddenly does not warrant a picture.

This. How would a personne that has a habit of taking pictures and recording audio didn't filmed herself or did a selfie when she was repeatedly hit, had bruises, bleeding wounds and a broken Bose ? Come the F on !

Damien1990

May 23, 2020

Is that really as it appears or was she told to do that pose by one of the lawyers for some legal reason I can't think of?

www.bbc.co.uk

Johnny Depp - BBC News

All the latest content about Johnny Depp from the BBC.

Nearly time stamped and organised by the BBC. Crazy.

Logged a complaint not that it'll do much
So four things about Heard since yesterday, while for Depp's testimony there are four things over the space of a week but two of them talking about the burning text.

Like, there's a sentence that says "Depp says Heard stubbed a cigarette on his face." immediately followed by "The court sees a Depp text saying: "Lets burn Amber!!!""

That's not right.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I am just shocked at how her lawyer team isn't coaching her to keep the words to a minimum, keep it to facts not hearsay etc. She is completely screwing things up for herself IMO.
This would be similar to being Trump's lawyer lol.
Can't keep a pathological liar and bullshitter from just talking out their asses and perjuring themselves.

Still, it's enough for the true believers and useful idiots.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I think it's been mentioned but Heard's team is trying to prolong the direct examination to get through the rest of the day until the scheduled 10-day trial break which starts tomorrow. I expect her to be less flowery in her language once the trial resumes.

It may also really just be her style of testimony but yeah it's definitely in their best interests to prolong this direct examination. They don't want to get any cross-examination in before the 10-day break and leave the jury with that on their minds, especially since that cross would probably start off really hot.

Tamahagene

Banned
May 4, 2022
BBC have put 3 different pages up on this case today since she started her testimony

JD hardly featured when he was on the stand.

Outrageous
I noticed similar behavior on GMA this morning, I assume most media outlets are one the same page- but even amongst online publications/blue check writers types, they're uniformly either pro-Amber or equivocation.
Fro. Vox to AV Club to Variety or The Hollywood reporter and other media writer types, it's all running defense for her and twisting progressive language for those aims.
I used to follow her content being involved in ASOIAF twitter and she and more are still on this train, months later.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I don't understand something. If they had so many issues prior to the marriage, why even continue the relationship? It's not like she is poor or anything. It of course might be a case of "marriage will fix everything" sort of thing, as dumb as it sounds some people do think like that.

edit: Like her story doesn't fit together and besides that it feels like a lot of details are missing. She said so much about the most irrelevant things, that it really makes me think some things were just straight up lies.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
It's so weird how the climate around this trial changes so much depending on where on the internet you are. On Twitter it's like an identity defining culture war, can't trust tiktok because of the younger skewing demographic and the algorithm curating like minded content, I don't really see anything about this on Instagram, and haven't looked to Reddit for anything, but then you have stuff like this?

It's been a bizarre case to watch unfold, especially this week. Seeing Heard on the stand really reminded me of some of the behaviors of an ex friend I got away from because she made me uncomfortable. I later realized how emotionally manipulative she was and continues to be to others, and it's made it incredibly hard to tell if I can remain impartial to Heard's case. I can't imagine how difficult this is to see so publicly drawn out and debated over for people who have suffered abusive partners to more extremes than I have.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I don't understand something. If they had so many issues prior to the marriage, why even continue the relationship? It's not like she is poor or anything. It of course might be a case of "marriage will fix everything" sort of thing, as dumb as it sounds some people do think like that.

Or maybe she might say she felt trapped and controlled on top of that. Like he blackmailed her into marriage on the condition that he'd destroy her career and reputation if she left. I don't know—speculation.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Or maybe she might say she felt trapped and controlled on top of that. Like he blackmailed her into marriage on the condition that he'd destroy her career and reputation if she left. I don't know—speculation.
Yeah, you took my thoughts of out of mind. If that is the case shouldn't be mentioned in court? or was it mentioned yesterday and I missed it?

edit: There's a vase with flowers? I don't get it.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Rittenhouse? I've heard of that trial, but I know little about it.
When he took the stand he tried really hard to cry, tears and everything but couldn't and instead made a bunch of exaggerated, over the top faces trying to make himself hyperventilate. It became a meme with how ridiculous it was.

Also white woman's tears and all that.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I really needed that break, thanks for the kind words. Listening to his desperation and her gaslighting in the tapes in contrast to her literally acting like a victim... It just got to me.

I've barely followed the trial - Any new developments...? More lies/inconsistencies?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
"At this point had you seen Mr. Depp take drugs?"

"Oh yeah... totally slipped my mind.."

Weird guidance by her attorney, like "Hey, you forgot to talk about part we rehearsed"

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
It's so weird how the climate around this trial changes so much depending on where on the internet you are. On Twitter it's like an identity defining culture war, can't trust tiktok because of the younger skewing demographic and the algorithm curating like minded content, I don't really see anything about this on Instagram, and haven't looked to Reddit for anything, but then you have stuff like this?

It's been a bizarre case to watch unfold, especially this week. Seeing Heard on the stand really reminded me of some of the behaviors of an ex friend I got away from because she made me uncomfortable. I later realized how emotionally manipulative she was and continues to be to others, and it's made it incredibly hard to tell if I can remain impartial to Heard's case. I can't imagine how difficult this is to see so publicly drawn out and debated over for people who have suffered abusive partners to more extremes than I have.
The whole atmosphere around this is making me a little uncomfortable tbh. It feels as if people are watching some reality TV show where they stan for the contestants and not, you know, domestic abuse trial.

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the media in general (my Google newsfeed has been horrendous today) feels trapped in the narrative that has been established the past years and doesn't dare to step outside of "Heard's truth" by fear of retaliation from the hardcore Heard defenders associated with #MeToo or if they are simply ignoring the male victims out there because despite all the evidence, she tries her best at crying.

Really baffles me how the press is constantly pushing forward their freedom and then gives us a biased view.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I wonder if the media in general (my Google newsfeed has been horrendous today) feels trapped in the narrative that has been established the past years and doesn't dare to step outside of "Heard's truth" by fear of retaliation from the hardcore Heard defenders associated with #MeToo or if they are simply ignoring the male victims out there because despite all the evidence, she tries her best at crying.

Really baffles me how the press is constantly pushing forward their freedom and then gives us a biased view.
On one hand I understand the fear of "swinging the pendulum too far the other way" and giving toxic "men's rights" assholes ammunition, but yes, this attitude completely disregards male victims and perpetuates harmful stereotypes that will hurt ALL genders in the long run. Sure would be nice if media could take a balanced, nuanced approach.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
The whole atmosphere around this is making me a little uncomfortable tbh. It feels as if people are watching some reality TV show where they stan for the contestants and not, you know, domestic abuse trial.

Definitely. I hate that it seems to be inescapable at times, even with much more pressing matters happening in the news. I think the stan culture aspect on social media is what turns my stomach the most.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
"At this point had you seen Mr. Depp take drugs?"

"Oh yeah... totally slipped my mind.."

Weird guidance by her attorney, like "Hey, you forgot to talk about part we rehearsed"

They'll do that sometimes. They'll also purposefully ask leading questions and risk the objection in order to rephrase it and get an answer they want out of the testimony.

It can be bizarre to watch but it's not uncommon. They can't do it much or the judge might not be happy.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017

I think the mainstream press struggles with this because, so far, the only legal decisions have gone against Depp. It would take a massive smoking gun for them to do a 180 independently. The second time I've seen this trial reach BBC News front page is again in Heard's favour:

Depp would need to win something legal before they feel its "safe" to paint Heard as the abuser, especially given the current era we're in.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
She says Johnny Depp accused her of cheating with Eddie Redmayne. What I find odd is that Johnny Depp ended up working with Eddie on Fantastic Beast 2. I can't speak for Johnny, but I don't think I would co-star in a film with a man who I accused previously of sleeping with my wife.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Amber keeps describing some things in great detail and other things she can't describe in any way. It's plausible as memory during stressful moments can get weird, but it also makes testimony bit jarring to follow.

She says Johnny Depp accused her of cheating with Eddie Redmayne. What I find odd is that Johnny Depp ended up working with Eddie on Fantastic Beast 2. I can't speak for Johnny, but I don't think I would co-star in a film with a man who I accused previously of sleeping with my wife.

I think argument is that all this stuff comes when he is in drugs fueled rage and paranoia, and then doesn't remember being like that afterwards. Or at least doesn't recall it properly etc.

Tamahagene

Banned
May 4, 2022

The general subreddits are largely pro-Depp.
/r/DeuxMoi is a pro-Heard bastion as has /r/Entertainment been, but lately it's had more pro-Depp sentiment.
/r/subredditdrama is pro Amber and equivocating, /r/twoxchromosones is pro-Heard/both are wrong/"why is this important?" as is /r/askfeminists and /r/trollxchromosokes whenever they let a thread actually take form, most /r/ask subreddits like "lawyers" or subreddits like truecrime and largely largely female populated subs are pro-Amber or project the lowest possible level of reasoning and sentiments of supporting onto people in Depp's camp, and those summaries largely track onto whatever subreddit you can think of having a similar makeup.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
crying with no tears

bruh...if you slip in broken glass you are gonna be full with cuts... any proof of that ?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if there was any kind of hospital trip involving this? Sounds like there wouldve been severe damage needing treatment

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
This is...a lot.

He's ripped her dress off, she's naked.
He's screaming at the top of his lungs, flinging her around broken glass.
He's punching her. But she doesn't feel it. She does know that he's punching her (?)

I'm having difficulty understanding the incongruity in the emotions she's displaying on her face and how clear her voice is. And still, not a single actual tear.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
None of the photo/video evidence backs up any of her claims, we have four police officers (and body cam footage) proving her claims wrong. We have witnesses that have already blown holes in her statements about the plane incident and others.

The fact of the matter is this, we have evidence, audio and visual evidence that SHE has abused HIM.

We have ZERO evidence he has done anything and we have evidence that the pictures she has supplied of her injuries have zero credibility.

She's a liar, there is no two sides to this, a pathological liar and socipath and I don't believe a word she is saying and neither should anybody until she actually provides some proof of her claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.