• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Flipped on HLN this morning while my wife slept. They had a segment on the trial. Focused solely on Amber's testimony yesterday and the way they phrased the segment and talked about it focusing solely on her and not even mentioning anything about the rest of the trial was absolutely disgusting. The media at large seems to be going hard pushing the idea into people that women are always the victims and stuff and it's really fucking frustrating after seeing my brother struggle with abuse from his ex.

MathChief

Feb 2, 2020
AH keeps staring at the jury when she is not giving testimony. Normal ppl would already feel uncomfortable.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Flipped on HLN this morning while my wife slept. They had a segment on the trial. Focused solely on Amber's testimony yesterday and the way they phrased the segment and talked about it focusing solely on her and not even mentioning anything about the rest of the trial was absolutely disgusting. The media at large seems to be going hard pushing the idea into people that women are always the victims and stuff and it's really fucking frustrating after seeing my brother struggle with abuse from his ex.
Yup, disgusting. We are in a day and age where the majority just read a title of whatever piece is shared on FB or Tweeter, or a without a context video and being convinced this is factual (I did at one point). I read a piece of a media I'm usually reading from time to time and the only mention of this trial is about yesterday's Amber testimony with sensationalism regarding Johnny Depp. Not a single allusion to the rest of the trial or even what this trial is about.

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Uhhh...

At this point I have to think this is part of Heard's team's strategy, because otherwise this is ridiculous.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this. Are people on the stand generally told not to look at the jury? Or is it sometimes a strategy?

When you're on the stand, your audience is the jury. So basic conversational conduct applies.

And just like normal conversations, you wouldn't just O.O the person you're talking to. lol

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Judge is getting annoyed at Amber and her lawyer.

That sustain for objection and testimony strike came SO fast.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this. Are people on the stand generally told not to look at the jury? Or is it sometimes a strategy?
So it always depends on what the lawyer suggests. Most of the time responding to the attorney's questions by speaking to the jury directly can do a bit in increasing relatability and garnering sympathy. But when you stare down a jury in-between questions or never redirect your gaze from them, it can become offputting and the attorney will likely suggest you casually glance back and forth. Just like if you were scanning a room while speaking in public.

Yeah I am pretty weirded out at that myself. It's like she's staring straight into each and every juror's soul.
Cause she's a sociopath. This is what she was doing when looking at the witnesses earlier in the trial. Just constant stare downs.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Now she's getting coached on the stand by her lawyer.

"We have to be careful about what other people told you, so you can testify to what you know, okay?"

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
As an ex-smoker who only used to smoke cigarettes I rolled myself, those fuckers never stayed lit for more than a minute, let alone for a long time

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I'm really uncomfortable with this portion of her testimony.

I mean I get it, she's laying groundwork. But so much of this has nothing to do with him abusing her, and more him dealing with opiate addiction.

Showing the picture of him slumped in his chair just makes me feel bad for him.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California

I mean I get it, she's laying groundwork. But so much of this has nothing to do with him abusing her, and more him dealing with opiate addiction.

Same.

I just get the feeling she's taking advantage of his addiction.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017

I mean that's been most (all really outside of witness words) of the defense so far producing no evidence outside of showing he had drug and alcohol addictions.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Large portion of her testimony is about Johnny's addictions and not about how he allegedly abused her. Like they want to build a bridge that "He has addictions with drugs hence he also commits IPV".

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
The way This Morning (UKTV) is suddenly giving this much more interest and has Sam Rubin describing her testimony in a specific way and saying how it much ring true for many abused people (and also describes Depp's testimony as theatrical).

Fuck This Morning. Also fuck Sam Rubin, the guy who's most known for getting Laurence Fishburne and Sam Jackson mixed up.
Sadly that doesn't surprise me at all. Barely giving Depp's testimony any coverage (other than to criticise him for the way he spoke) and for years they've hardly acknowledged male victims of domestic violence even when there have been very notable occasions to just because their friend/colleague has been on the receiving end of allegations but that is a different story.

Glanced at the hashtag and they seem to be in his favour though I had the misfortune to stumble upon a tweet by the poisonous toad Dan Wootton.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I agree and sadly this is something that Amber's team has been trying to push towards the Jury since the start of Depp's testimony. I'm starting to think that this, vulgar language short messages and that video of him kicking something in a kitchen is all they have. Most of their evidence they have seems to be Amber's recollection of events which is not the strongest foundation to build your case upon given that her credibility is, at the very least, questionable at this stage of the trial.

Oct 27, 2017
Large portion of her testimony is about Johnny's addictions and not about how he allegedly abused her. Like they want to build a bridge that "He has addictions with drugs hence he also commits IPV".
I think it is closer to "he has substance abuse issues and thus cannot always say for certain what he did or did not do". That's the almost impossible uphill battle for Depp in a he-said she-said case where neither party has the evidence for a complete accounting of everything.

MathChief

Feb 2, 2020
Wow... did this really happen?

BTW I'm not a fan of "bitch" being used as a sexist slur, especially in this topic.

Edit:

"12 Retweets, 1 Quote Tweet, 34 Likes." Whose Twitter is this? Yours?
Maybe irrelevant, but I recall very clearly hearing AH said that Depp said "do you know how much force would break an arm".

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Audio on the mic sounds warped when Amber speaks dunno what's up with that.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I agree with YouTube legal commentator Emily Baker (whose stream I'm watching): talking about her career is the most direct and authentic Heard has been this entire testimony.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I don't know why I'm surprised that Depp would be such an intimate person with his language in private. That email was like a romance novel, and not a bad one.

I'm waiting for the rage, the violence. It's hinted at, it's alluded. But so far the only concrete evidence we have is of Heard's violence.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Right now.

Before they broke for lunch.

After hours of testimony.

Is the first time Heard mentioning an instance where she yelled at Depp.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017
I notice she went for the innocent nun look today as well.
kathryn-merteuil-cardigan.jpg

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Same.

I just get the feeling she's taking advantage of his addiction.
I am pretty sure he has been blacked out or out of it at times and she just made up a bunch of bullshit that she claims he did while high, and for a long time he actually believed her. Gaslighters like her can convince you of anything when you're vulnerable and desperate for help and love.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
I first would like to state that victims may not have evidence to back up their claims of abuse, but this does not mean they have not been abused. However, I feel what ultimately hurts Amber's credibility here the most is that she had taken multiple pictures, including the bruise on her arm, JD's cocaine table, him sleeping, etc., as well as filming JD slamming cupboard doors, but when it comes to the most intense moments such as when JD hit her hard enough that her blood spewed onto the wall, that suddenly does not warrant a picture.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017

That's how I felt yesterday when she spent the majority of her testimony talking about him being physically or emotionally unavailable (i.e. doesn't know where he is for days and he's not responding). I get why that would frustrate her, but it's not really compelling evidence towards the case being made for physical violence when the rest of the evidence doesn't seem to support the narrative.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Heard definitely slipped up at the end there talking about how they would call each other terrible names, then she stuttered for a bit, spoke about a bruise she did not know where it was on her body and then stuttered again before talking about how Depp would always hit her repeatedly.

I am just shocked at how her lawyer team isn't coaching her to keep the words to a minimum, keep it to facts not hearsay etc. She is completely screwing things up for herself IMO.

The faces of Depp's lawyers when she started talking about Depp constantly hitting her but she couldn't remember where the bruises were:

KqpB3q9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.