• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
339.jpg

MathChief

Feb 2, 2020
Amber just burst out the F-word so naturally...not paraphrasing or anything. Then she realized and rephrased the testimony.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Assuming the jurors are normal ppl like us, then a logical conclusion would be yes.
Jurors in America let cops free without consequences for murdering Black folks.

If given the opportunity many jurors would overturn the election and give it to Donald Trump.

I will never assume another American is "like me" anymore.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Wow, we're still talking about events in 2013.

Depp and Heard married in 2015.

This wouldn't be the first time that toxic and abusive people went on to marry. But, wow, this is so intense...

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I'm just wondering if the Dog is okay after stepping on the Bee

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
She is having this dramatic speech and Depp is laughing with his lawyer. WTF even is this.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
She's gonna have testimony from her friends and who knows who else corroborating all of this, presumably some of whom will say that saw or heard things. All of it depends on who and what the jury believes. The fact that she's much more outwardly emotional than Depp clearly doesn't work for everyone but may work for some members of the jury, which is all that matters as far at winning the case.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Wow, we're still talking about events in 2013.

Depp and Heard married in 2015.

This wouldn't be the first time that toxic and abusive people went on to marry. But, wow, this is so intense...
Many people think that marriage or kids will change an abusive partner. It rarely works that way and instead just allows the abuser more control over the abused. It is tragic.

MathChief

Feb 2, 2020
This is getting crazier and crazier. AH stopped briefly her "emotions" when Depp's lawyer raised an objection, after the judge overruled it, she is suddenly back to that mood like hitting an on-off switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, if she is lying about even 1 thing she has described, it's beyond the pale. This is cartoon villain level of crazy she is describing, so if she is being dishonest about 1 iota of it she's doing a massive disservice to women everywhere.

Oct 27, 2017
She is having this dramatic speech and Depp is laughing with his lawyer. WTF even is this.
They're probably laughing at the notion that she's put forward that he's constantly shitting himself in front of everyone which is part of her absurd stereotype of describing what someone who drinks and does drugs is like.

Lesbian camp counselor. You heard right. She's referring to a name Depp called her- not sure the whole context on that one.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I think the biggest issue I'm having with this testimony is that the framing goes so against what we know.

Heard is describing these events as her being this young, hopelessly-in-love partner to this enraged violent drunk who also happened to be one of the biggest stars in the world. She doesn't go into her anger issues or violent outbursts at all. And, in most cases, I would completely understand her lawyers wanting to skirt around all that. But the big problem with that is...

We have audio.

We've heard the tapes. We know Heard was prone to angry outbursts. We know Heard instigated a lot of the fights. We know Heard was physically violent on many occasions, and that Johnny's response to those occasions was to leave. This isn't speculation: it's on tape.

So to not have Heard talk about this in her opening testimony feels like an odd choice. Because Depp's lawyers are definitely going to talk about it (including replaying the tapes).

Such a glaring omission can make your entire testimony feel dishonest.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
This wrist grabbing thing seems easy to verify, Just ask the people he supposedly grabbed. I'm pretty sure people would remember Johnny Depp making threats to you.

Jan 3, 2018
She's gonna have testimony from her friends and who knows who else corroborating all of this, presumably some of whom will say that saw or heard things. All of it depends on who and what the jury believes. The fact that she's much more outwardly emotional than Depp clearly doesn't work for everyone but may work for some members of the jury, which is all that matters as far at winning the case.

From what I understand, her friends will not be there in person, just video deposition. Seems some of them have been distancing themselves from her.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I think the biggest issue I'm having with this testimony is that the framing goes so against what we know.

Heard is describing these events as her being this young, hopelessly-in-love partner to this enraged violent drunk who also happened to be one of the biggest stars in the world. She doesn't go into her anger issues or violent outbursts at all. And, in most cases, I would completely understand her lawyers wanting to skirt around all that. But the big problem with that is...

We have audio.

We've heard the tapes. We know Heard was prone to angry outbursts. We know Heard instigated a lot of the fights. We know Heard was physically violent 0n many occasions, and that Johnny's response to the occasions was to leave. This isn't speculation: it's on tape.

So to not have Heard talk about this in her opening testimony feels like an odd choice. Because Depp's lawyers are definitely going to talk about (including replaying the tapes).

Yeah that's what's going through my mind too. She's being allowed to very openly speak about her experiences but how she's describing things and her own actions in particular just doesn't align with the facts at all. As you say there's stone cold evidence of her real demeanour and behaviour, as well as Johnny's, but all these long-winded and very very detailed stories don't align with any of it.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I think the biggest issue I'm having with this testimony, is that framing goes against what we know.

We have audio.

We've heard the tapes. We know Heard was prone to angry outbursts. We know Heard instigated a lot of the fights. We know Heard was physically violent 0n many occasions, and that Johnny's response to the occasions was to leave. This isn't speculation: it's on tape.

So to not have Heard talk about this in her opening testimony feels like an odd choice. Because Depp's lawyers are definitely going to talk about (including replaying the tapes).

This is all gonna come up on cross-examination. They're going to replay those tapes back to her, including the couple of seemingly damning ones where she goes after Depp who locked himself in a bathroom and mocked him for "always running away at the start of the argument" (that one has always been especially bad for me), the one where she admits to hitting him, and the one where she mocks him for being a male celebrity and as such would never be believed.

That's a real trifecta right there. But we can probably guess that she will argue that it was all retaliatory abuse, that she did in fact abuse him (which seems impossible to argue against) but that he instigated it and pushed her to it with his own more serious abuse.

From what I understand, her friends will not be there in person, just video deposition. Seems some of them have been distancing themselves from her.

That's interesting but it can work both ways, since Depp's team won't be able to give a current cross after having listened to everything up till now.

So this story has no emotion from her but the dog story had her on the brink of tears....sure.

There's really nothing unusual about that. Some of you are going too far with this stuff.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
Dumb question, but since she invoked Johnny's children in her testimony, could they be called to testify?

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
The real question I have is that what would apparently trigger this man so much that he has no history of violence with women, but it sounds like according to her testimony, that he was continuously combative with her.

Somethings don't make sense to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the dog, look who posted a video on their Instagram of her holding their dog out the car of a moving vehicle.

Given the fact that there's been multiple people testifying that they saw her drinking wine to excess on a regular basis, but not accused constantly drunk Johnny Depp, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that she projects like a motherfucker. But in this instance, bit of a stretch. That's just a normal thing dogs do.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
ignoring everything else, Heard's team not being able to find a single Ex to speak ill of Depp, especially in an era of MeToo, speaks volumes. Yes, people can change, but abusers usually leave a trail of abuse.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
I don't think I've seen coverage of the trial on the BBC before but they're covering it now (specifically Heard taking the stand).

Status
Not open for further replies.