• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Well Amber Heard is on the stand now. Wonder how she is gonna answer all the stuff that has come up so far

Oct 30, 2017
Witness was evasive because he allowed her to be. A lot pretty open questions and didn't push her to answer "correct" or "incorrect", instead let her ramble on.
He made several comments about how she continued to provide elongated answers instead of providing a direct answer. He wouldn't have been able to get a simple "yes" or "no" because the witness's agenda insists that she add as much noncontextual information as possible to try to frame Depp as the main perpetrator.

"Did Amber Heard abuse Mr. Depp?"
"There were low levels of reactive violence towards Mr. Depp."

Continued minimization of Heard's role in this. How you gonna pull a simple yes or no from that? On literally every question.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Johnny doesn't even want to look at her, she spent the entire time staring at him when he was on the stand.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Anyone know who made all the tapes and did the other part know about being recorded at that time?

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Is it just me that thinks Amber might be implying that Johnny Depp essentially groomed her?

She implied he was essentially the initiator of the relationship between them and he was the one who crossed the boundary with the kiss in the rum diaries etc.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Anyone know who made all the tapes and did the other part know about being recorded at that time?

You means ones where we hear Amber and Johnny talking, fighting etc.?

They recorded them. Johnny said in his testimony it was by his suggestion because Amber would say things and later claim she didn't say them.

Is it just me that thinks Amber might be implying that Johnny Depp essentially groomed her?

She implied he was essentially the initiator of the relationship between them and he was the one who crossed the boundary with the kiss in the rum diaries etc.

Vibe I'm getting too. That he was groomer and aggressor from get go and she was too young to know better.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Oh. my. fuckin. god.

That was sooooo bad. One second she's happily talking about her daughter, not worried that she's on trial or anything. Then when asked how she feels she's being sued...she's soooo freaking overdramatic. Like, turn on the fucking waterworks. But in the least convincing manner. It's probably safe to say Amber Heard will never, ever win an Oscar in her life. I literally laughed out loud at that part.

Oct 30, 2017

She would have been 26 at the time that film came out. In what situation would this be considered grooming?

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
She would have been 26 at the time that film came out. In what situation would this be considered grooming?

I don't consider it to be grooming whatsoever, she is acting and it feels like she is reading from a script that has been prepared for her.

I just think her angle is to make him look like a man who controlled her from the moment they met and used his power to make her submit etc.

When you compare her testimony to his it's night and day difference, with JD it felt like he was reliving painful experiences.

Heard's feels like someone is telling her how to feel.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand the tonal changes. Like when she started talking I thought she was going to cry, and now I feel like she's... almost happy in recollecting?

Oct 30, 2017
I don't consider it to be grooming whatsoever, she is acting and it feels like she is reading from a script that has been prepared for her.

I just think her angle is to make him look like a man who controlled her from the moment they met and used his power to make her submit etc.

When you compare her testimony to his it's night and day difference, with JD it felt like he was reliving painful experiences.

Heard's feels like someone is telling her how to feel.
Thanks for the clarification. I've stopped watching the stream since I really don't want to see Heard's performative testimony.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
These mood swings are pretty wild. From very happy to sad to happy again to deeply sad to... at flip of an switch.

I'm not saying that Heard is lying or that I don't believe here. But she's answering these questions in a very weird way.

My housemate just commented that it feels more like she's trying to get the jury to feel a specific way about Depp than just answering the question. It doesn't feel natural.

It's those pretty wild swings in tone of voice and apparent emotional state. Makes statements seem kinda artificial.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not saying that Heard is lying or that I don't believe her. But she's answering these questions in a very weird way.

My housemate just commented that it feels more like she's trying to get the jury to feel a specific way about Depp than just answering the question. It doesn't feel natural.

Oct 25, 2017

People are conditioned by lawyers to attempt to speak directly to the jury and nobody else. You're not trying to convince the judge or the lawyers -- so this tactic, while it may seem strange to some, is exactly what people are asked to do.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Thanks for the clarification. I've stopped watching the stream since I really don't want to see Heard's performative testimony.

No problem whatsoever, I understand how you feel, I literally have never felt such an intense dislike for someone I have never met to be quite honest.

She is an obvious liar with multiple indisputable pieces of evidence showing she is a serial abuser and I think she enjoys it, that's the sickest part, I don't think she has any remorse.

It would be an absolute disgrace if she walks away from this with any form of credibility, she doesn't deserve it.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
People are conditioned by lawyers to attempt to speak directly to the jury and nobody else. You're not trying to convince the judge or the lawyers -- so this tactic, while it may seem strange to some, is exactly what people are asked to do.

Oh yeah, I get that.

What I'm finding interesting/strange is where she's going into detail and editorializing ("he made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world") and where she's rushing through her responses.

Will say she's not as difficult to follow as Depp was, though...

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I'm not saying that Heard is lying or that I don't believe her. But she's answering these questions in a very weird way.

It feels scripted is what it feels like. Her lawyer even finished one of her answers for her, like they are reading from the same script.

When JD was up there it felt like he was just recalling traumatic memories, it makes me truly feel ill that an abuser is sitting in front of the person she abused and is essentially trying to STILL manipulate that person in front of the world.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ec013bcb4b3fb554fdd4e93b6541b214.png

the jar of cocaine

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
This feels like delivery from a CW show with all the lack of tears but the facial mannerisms of there should be tears.

itsgreen

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am not sure if acting is a good idea. Because that's what it is, with the complete swings left and right.

Was tuned out for a few minutes, came back in and saw 4 emotions in a minute, from nearly crying to whatever

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I wonder how this is playing with jury. To me she is way, way overselling her testimony, true or not, which to me weakens her testimony.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Irrespective of whether or not she's telling the truth, there's a lot of editorializing here.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Making JD out to be a "love bomber" when it is clear as day he has been generous throughout his life.

I mean he even let a random artist stay in his penthouse for 3+ years, rent free and paid him for it.

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like delivery from a CW show with all the lack of tears but the facial mannerisms of there should be tears.
Incongruent affect, and it's actually something any clinician would immediately note when working with someone. Doesn't necessarily mean anything on its own depending on the context, but it certainly gets noticed by a skilled professional.

With the context of what's been publicly shown and stated so far, this is certainly cause for questioning authenticity,

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
If some people felt things were boring before, then they should look at this. Honestly it feels like she's acting and it's not convincing at all. On some parts she's pretending like she can hardly talk from being emotional, and then the next moment the words come out way to quickly and easily. But maybe I'm biased based on all the things we've read/heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.