• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, she threatened she would claim he violated the restraining order if he (Depp) *didn't* meet up with her? Jesus.

Edit: This witness has been pretty good for Depp. He was a friend to them both (as an agent, and personally), then severed that relationship when the news hit. He more or less confirmed that the accusation lost Johnny the Pirates 6 job -- this is a pretty big part of the case, since it's a question of whether or not the article had any impact on his work.
Whew that is a pretty big get for Johnny

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
My impression so far of this whole thing is that they had a very toxic relationship and neither are innocent.

groundhog-day-wake-up.gif

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After this trial I'm sending Shu Takumi a bunch of videos from the case.
I'm sure he will work his magic into something memorable.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
my investigation that was done by simply reading the titles, makes feel like they are both horrible people
I like to base all of my opinions on the headlines of the prestigious New York Post, product of the honourable News Corp and sister publication of respected UK newspaper, The Sun. I have no reason to believe they would be biased at all.

/s

anamika

May 18, 2018
Evan Rachel Wood had this post about cycle of abuse and it fits so well with Amber Heard's behaviour that it's baffling people are both siding this issue. I think a lot of abuse survivors are able to recognize what's happening here and who is the abuser, and it's frustrating when people come into this thread again and again to de-legitimize the actual victim of abuse. Like, don't even look at names and genders. Just look at the actions of the two people involved and judge based on that.

Oct 27, 2017
Really don't know how the fuck someone can say "both sides are bad here". A relationship can be toxic and bring out poor behavior from both the victim and perpetrator- but there's one fucking obvious and even self-admitted abuser here; there's no "both sides are equally as bad". If you will blame a victim for the sometimes unhealthy ways they respond to defend themselves from manipulation, abuse, and violence, you need a fucking reality check on how domestic abuse actually works.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Isn't that how he lost the Sun trial in the UK? I thought I remembered reading about him admitting to head butting Heard or something like that, though there was a lot of context.

Not sure if this was answered already but I spoke to someone about this the other day. He never admits to anything but there is audio that implys he headbutted herm I believe Depp said that they were having an argument in the bathroom and he turned into her which resulted in them bumping heads. Accidental head bump which the audio does not rule out.
Not sure if what I was told is 100% accurate but the person who told me has been following the case very closely.

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
Would both-sidesing this topic be against the rules in your opinion?
People certainly caught bans for defending Johnny when the news came out a few years back. Bans doled out based on accusation alone, but crickets when evidence comes to light. Hmmm.
I reported loads of posts over the previous few days, and I don't think any whataboutism/both sides nonsense has gotten a single warning from it. There are examples of it on the very first page, even.

I guess it's not worthy of a warning, let alone a ban. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.