• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It seems designed to keep pushing her narrative and make it look like the justice system failed her.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021

View: https://twitter.com/cbsmornings/status/1552668760460361728?s=21&t=zRsafuQQsUiiA1HrRI_f3w

Cool interview with Camille Vasquez and the young team of lawyers that worked in the Depp v Heard's case. Also just learned that Evan Rachel Wood rightfully called bullshit on people trying to imply that she and Amber Heard are friends the other day and that Eve Barlow attacked her on Twitter for it. Evan Rachel Wood's and Marilyn Manson's case is absolutely nothing like this one, and social media is trying their best to put the two cases in the same box despite clearly not been the case. Manson has a long list of accusers which obviously set the cases apart, also Wood has actually done some serious activist work that is helpful to other victims of abuse, unlike Heard. Glad to see her setting the record straight there.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
FY3Ou7hXkAAEfYt

FY3O432WQAAiCGQ

This is something that really needs to get wider recognition, regarding the UK trial. "...the UK Judgement is lacking in any evidentiary factual value".

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants a bit of levity and want to read up on another defamation trial with very different scope but also a heartening outcome I suggest everyone reads up on the Colleen Rooney vs Rebekah Vardy case in the UK. It was pretty weird, two of the most high profile defamation trials I've ever heard about were running concurrently.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants a bit of levity and want to read up on another defamation trial with very different scope but also a heartening outcome I suggest everyone reads up on the Colleen Rooney vs Rebekah Vardy case in the UK. It was pretty weird, two of the most high profile defamation trials I've ever heard about were running concurrently.
Vardy spaffed 3 million on a case she never really had a chance to win.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
The unsealed documents were released today after the crowdfunding/charity campaign.
https://andreaburkhart.com/documents

Total 6642 pages of unsealed documents. No wonder why it cost over $3,300 to have the court photocopy every page.

I'll keep my eye out for interesting excerpts and summaries. I'm glad it's now scanned, all online, and available for free for everyone that wants it. But I'm not reading all those 6642 pages. I read the 100+ page UK judgement document, but this I'll wait for summaries and excerpts.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
https://andreaburkhart.com/documents

Total 6642 pages of unsealed documents. No wonder why it cost over $3,300 to have the court photocopy every page.

I'll keep my eye out for interesting excerpts and summaries. I'm glad it's now scanned, all online, and available for free for everyone that wants it. But I'm not reading all those 6642 pages. I read the 100+ page UK judgement document, but this I'll wait for summaries and excerpts.
It's not just photocopying.

These documents are actually never transcribed unless requested and paid for. Learned that during the Vic Mignogna lawsuit.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Amber Heard Declares Bankruptcy: Unable To Pay Johnny Depp

Amber Heard's financial status is not good at all following the trial against her ex-husband Jonny Deep, but the actress startled everyone by filing for bankruptcy after finding herself unable to pay the Pirates of the Caribbean actor's court punishment.
Amber Heard declared bankruptcy on July 20 and appealed to the Commonwealth of Virginia on July 21. Due to a lack of resources, the 35-year-old woman would be requesting that the decision be declared null and void.

guardian.ng

Amber Heard's financial status is bad following the trial against her ex-husband Johnny Deep, but the actress filed for bankruptcy

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. I thought she had to put up the money as bond in order to appeal.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that article is correct, she'd have to file for bankruptcy, which I don't see a record of that filing, and it wouldn't even be accepted considering the verdict, besides, what they're quoting is Depp's own appeal on the counterclaim which followed Heard's notice of appeal.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if it's off-topic to the case at hand, but for anyone keeping closer tabs on this case - is there still a vocal group of people supportive of AH/Claiming JD winning most of the verdicts is somehow not a fair judgment or a "perversion of justice"?

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if it's off-topic to the case at hand, but for anyone keeping closer tabs on this case, is there still a vocal group of people supportive of AH/Claiming JD winning most of the verdicts is somehow not a fair judgment or a "perversion of justice"?
I think they all were either banned or got scared off from posting their bullshit here. No idea about other places or what the general public thinks.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017

guardian.ng

Amber Heard's financial status is bad following the trial against her ex-husband Johnny Deep, but the actress filed for bankruptcy
She ain't getting out of this one. Sorry, Amber.

I don't want to celebrate people's lives falling apart... But she really only has herself to blame. I can't even muster an ounce of sympathy for her.

I'll never forget how her goddamn gaslighting affected me while listening to her testimony. I almost wanted to believe her, because I refused to believe that people like her actually exist.

What she said during her testimony didn't make any sense and she constantly changed things up, got caught in lies/contradictions etc. I can't even imagine what it must've felt like being in the midst of that for years on end... It affected me just by listening to a goddamn testimony.

She deserves everything bad coming her way.

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if she's trying to pull an Alex Jones and is just trying to get out of paying. If so hopefully she's denied bankruptcy like Alex Jones was.
Anything is possible but I think it's more likely that she may legitimately not have the money. Her filmography would indicate she probably doesn't. It looks like her peak net worth a few years back was sitting around 9 or $10 million, which is more money than most of us on this forum will ever see but by Hollywood career standards isn't much money at all.

Tamahagene

Banned
May 4, 2022
Sorry if it's off-topic to the case at hand, but for anyone keeping closer tabs on this case - is there still a vocal group of people supportive of AH/Claiming JD winning most of the verdicts is somehow not a fair judgment or a "perversion of justice"?
Progressive media and academia and visible social media figures/content creators as well as most progressive/non-male leaning communities on sites such as reddit have grown in that belief over the course of the case and some subreddits like say /r/GamerGhazi enshrined support of Amber in their rules.
This was always going to be the case and I saw it trending their for years.
Chances are you have a friend or two that believes that as I saw with a friend of mine that firmly believes I've been subject to nom-factual propaganda and delusion.

Tamahagene

Banned
May 4, 2022
She ain't getting out of this one. Sorry, Amber.

I don't want to celebrate people's lives falling apart... But she really only has herself to blame. I can't even muster an ounce of sympathy for her.

I'll never forget how her goddamn gaslighting affected me while listening to her testimony. I almost wanted to believe her, because I refused to believe that people like her actually exist.

What she said during her testimony didn't make any sense and she constantly changed things up, got caught in lies/contradictions etc. I can't even imagine what it must've felt like being in the midst of that for years on end... It affected me just by listening to a goddamn testimony.

She deserves everything bad coming her way.
I don't find it particularly important to attack Amber more than it is to attack narrative she constructed and challenge the influencers/communities that want to push her line unchecked.
I think that's something a lot of people who're anti-Depp miss when they call out attacks on her and how much of it's actually people correcting what we see (know) as lies and not simply backing down- because this isn't close to over.

Oct 30, 2017
For reference: malice was proven, and in Virginia that precludes using bankruptcy to absolve the debt. She can't get out of it. If malice wasn't proven she could.

Sucks to be her.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Here? No, they all got banned/crawled back underneath their rocks when the hammers started dropping.

Elsewhere? Oh yeah, big time.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, having recently seen The Rainmaker, does this mean that by declaring bankruptcy Heard doesn't have to pay a cent? Cause that's kind of fucked up.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I don't find it particularly important to attack Amber more than it is to attack narrative she constructed and challenge the influencers/communities that want to push her line unchecked.
I think that's something a lot of people who're anti-Depp miss when they call out attacks on her and how much of it's actually people correcting what we see (know) as lies and not simply backing down- because this isn't close to over.
They're both equally shitty, IMO.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
So, having recently seen The Rainmaker, does this mean that by declaring bankruptcy Heard doesn't have to pay a cent? Cause that's kind of fucked up.

No, in Virginia there are certain rules/laws that precede calling bankruptcy. The court found her to have acted in malice, so declaring bankruptcy wouldn't help her here since acting in malice means you will have to pay somehow no matter if you do not have the money.

They're both equally shitty, IMO.

This take needs to fucking stop. No one cares if you think both people are shitty. One person clearly assaulted the other and then gaslighted said person. Not only that they made it more difficult for men to come forward since it helped prove how hard it is for us; plus how the media will treat the victim.
Saying they are both shitty feels like you are dismissing everything and saying it doesn't matter because both people are bad.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This take needs to fucking stop. No one cares if you think both people are shitty. One person clearly assaulted the other and then gaslighted said person. Not only that they made it more difficult for men to come forward since it helped prove how hard it is for us; plus how the media will treat the victim.
Saying they are both shitty feels like you are dismissing everything and saying it doesn't matter because both people are bad.

I'm pretty sure they meant both Amber and the influencers/communities supporting her in that statement.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
I'm pretty sure they meant both Amber and the influencers/communities supporting her in that statement.

Yep, this is the correct read. It's especially clear when you scroll up a bit and see that poster was rightfully lambasting Heard. Would make no sense at all for somebody with those thoughts to also think similarly of Depp.

Tamahagene

Banned
May 4, 2022
No, in Virginia there are certain rules/laws that precede calling bankruptcy. The court found her to have acted in malice, so declaring bankruptcy wouldn't help her here since acting in malice means you will have to pay somehow no matter if you do not have the money.

I agree but that definitely wasn't Finnegan's intent; they are firmly pro-Depp and anti-Heard.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Is Guardian Nigeria a reliable source? I ask as I haven't heard of them before nor seen this be picked up any major outlet.
I looked into the paper and it is a real one, but unaffiliated with other Guardian newspapers. I don't know if the article is correct (if there aren't any other reports from sources closer to the events then it's unlikely to be), but the website is not a fake news mill.

Tamahagene

Banned
May 4, 2022
I looked into the paper and it is a real one, but unaffiliated with other Guardian newspapers. I don't know if the article is correct (if there aren't any other reports from sources closer to the events then it's unlikely to be), but the website is not a fake news mill.
Law and Lumber an amazing source on all thing's Depp/Heard and who disproved Amber's claims about how the bed was broken debunked the article and gave clarification on everything.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017

You've clearly never read a single thing I've ever posted on this topic.

I was referring to the media and her.

EDIT: Nevermind, someone already clarified.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I won't post it but I've seen a twitter thread shared everywhere that "proves" through the court documents that Depp is at fault on everything and falsified his evidence... I'm so fucking tired of this narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.