• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CesspoolofHatred

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There's not going to be a mistrial based on this supposed fake juror...

They buried their reference to the Virginia code on this in a footnote, which is predictably why the media will miss it, but they refer to Va. code § 8.01-353, and literally quote thus:

They go on to say:

It's literal nonsense like most other points they make. If there's an error or as they allege someone faking their identity, then it was their responsibility to catch it. And if they don't, well, too bad, it's not grounds for setting the verdict aside.
Verifying that a juror is who they say they are generally isn't voir dire territory to my understanding, and the footnote you pulled the 8.01-353 cite from essentially stated as such:

Mr. Depp would be incorrect in contending Ms. Heard somehow waived this argument by not raising it during voir dire. Not only were the voir dire questions ruled on in advance and the parties limited to those questions during voir dire, but the responsibility to ensure that the potential jurors participating in voir dire are the ones listed on the jury panel rests with those individuals and the Court. See Va. Code§ 8.01-353. Due process entitles litigants such as Ms. Heard to rely on the basic assurance that potential jurors are who they say they are and are the actual individuals the Court summoned.

8.01-353 (particularly Section A) seems to make pretty clear the process for how the court notifies the jury pool to appear and how the list of the jury panel would be disseminated amongst the parties:

A. The sheriff shall notify the jurors on the list, or such number of them as the judge may direct to appear in court on such day as the court may direct. Such notice shall be given a juror as provided by § 8.01-298. Verbal direction given by the judge, or at his direction, to a juror who has been given notice as hereinbefore provided that he appear at a later specified date, shall be a sufficient notice. Any notice given as provided herein shall have the effect of an order of court. No particular time in advance of the required appearance date shall be necessary for verbal notice hereunder, but the court may, in its discretion, excuse from service a juror who claims lack of sufficient notice. Upon request, the clerk or sheriff or other officer responsible for notifying jurors to appear in court for the trial of a case shall make available to all counsel of record in that case, a copy of the jury panel to be used for the trial of the case at least three full business days before the trial. Such copy of the jury panel shall show the name, age, address, occupation and employer of each person on the panel. Any error in the information shown on such copy of the jury panel shall not be grounds for a mistrial or assignable as error on appeal, and the parties in the case shall be responsible for verifying the accuracy of such information.

So the statute would seem to cover the parties verifying that the information provided about the selected jurors is accurate. I wouldn't think someone straight up impersonating one of the selected jurors and taking their place on the panel would count as an "error shown in the information shown" in the jury panel list.

Also, one of the other statutes cited, 8.01-353.1, goes over how a juror would verify their identity to the court prior to jury selection:

At the time of assembly for the purpose of juror selection, the identity of each member of the jury venire shall be verified as provided in this section. Prior to being selected from the jury venire, a potential juror shall verify his identity by presenting to the person taking jury attendance any of the following forms of identification: his Commonwealth of Virginia voter registration card; his social security card; his valid Virginia driver's license or any other identification card issued by a government agency of the Commonwealth, one of its political subdivisions, or the United States; or any valid employee identification card containing a photograph of the juror and issued by an employer of the juror in the ordinary course of the employer's business. If the juror is unable to present one of these forms of identification, he shall sign a statement affirming, under penalty of perjury, that he is the named juror.

If the information Amber's team alleged in that filing is true then I have a really hard time seeing how this could have happened without the courthouse staff being totally asleep at the wheel or the impersonator making a fake ID or something. Either way it's absolutely grounds to ask for a mistrial because someone going to these crazy lengths to end up in jury duty on this case damages the presumption of a fair and unbiased jury.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Amber Heard Makes New Claims About 'Juror 15' in Bid For New Trial Against Johnny Depp

Amber Heard submitted additional information to a Fairfax Co. Circuit Court judge on Friday to support her claim that a juror who found her liable in a defamation claim by Johnny Depp was not the person summoned for jury duty.
Heard's supplemental memorandum provides additional allegations about a person listed in court documents as "Juror 15." The original claims about that juror were first discussed in a post-trial motion filed a week ago.
Heard's attorneys said they have discovered new information that the person who showed up for jury duty was born in 1970. But the person who was actually summoned for jury duty was born in 1945 and would have been 77 at the time of the trial. Both the person who served and the person summoned live at the same address and share the same name, according to the supplemental memorandum.
The supplemental memorandum explains that the Virginia Supreme Court each year randomly selects jurors from a list of registered voters in the Fairfax area. The names on that list are then used to issue jury summonses for civil and criminal trials during that term.

lawandcrime.com

Amber Heard Makes New Claims About 'Juror 15' in Bid For New Trial Against Johnny Depp

Amber Heard claims a juror who found her liable in a defamation claim by Johnny Depp was not the same person summoned for jury duty.

CesspoolofHatred

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

lawandcrime.com

Amber Heard claims a juror who found her liable in a defamation claim by Johnny Depp was not the same person summoned for jury duty.

I think Law and Crime might have the "share the same name" bit at least half-wrong, because the filing they embed in the article specifies on page 2 that the person who was selected for the jury and the person who actually went for jury duty were "two individuals with the last name [REDACTED]". I'm not sure why that distinction would have been made unless their first names were different.

It also doesn't explain why the birth date for the 77 year old person selected for the jury was placed on the Juror Questionnaire, but the 52 year old individual was the one who showed up for jury selection.

Mxlegend99

May 20, 2018
I don't think Johnny will care to go through another trial if there's a mistrial. He got his name cleared and that's all he truly cared about. He's not going to ever see a cent from Amber if he wins again. So what's the point?

Amber will never move past this despite saying that's all she wanted to do. She knows she's a liar. The whole world knows it. She started this case with most of the world believing her story and having some credibility. That's all gone now. Not sure anyone would be keen to defend her either. Not exactly a good career move.

Oct 28, 2017
[h1][/h1]

Insurance Company Sues Amber Heard to Keep from Paying for Johnny Depp Judgment and Legal Fees

lawandcrime.com

Insurance Company Sues Amber Heard to Keep from Paying for Johnny Depp Judgment and Legal Fees

An insurance company has sued Amber Heard in an effort to avoid paying ex-husband Johnny Depp's multi-million dollar defamation judgment against her.

Her life is just going to be consumed by this trial for years, isn't it? Rarely have I seen a person fuck up this badly and ruin their own life.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
We're assuming what they're alleging is true, which based on how they conducted themselves during the trial, I'm not confident that it is.

Regardless, I just don't buy if it's the case, that no one caught it at any step.
The assumption is that a 70+ year old is living with their 50-something son who might be Jr, which is why the name confusion happened? But then it also wasn't caught by the courthouse staff when they came to verify their identity. It wasn't caught by either legal team during the jury selection and vetting process. Or during the trial.

Somehow they only found out after the verdict came? Yeah I don't think so.

I dunno what will happen with this, but this thing smells like it was put in for the media coverage rather than a credible serious argument that will help them on appeal.

Oct 30, 2017
We're assuming what they're alleging is true, which based on how they conducted themselves during the trial, I'm not confident that it is.

Regardless, I just don't buy if it's the case, that no one caught it at any step.
The assumption is that a 70+ year old is living with their 50-something son who might be Jr, which is why the name confusion happened? But then it also wasn't caught by the courthouse staff when they came to verify their identity. It wasn't caught by either legal team during the jury selection and vetting process. Or during the trial.

Somehow they only found out after the verdict came? Yeah I don't think so.

I dunno what will happen with this, but this thing smells like it was put in for the media coverage rather than a credible serious argument that will help them on appeal.

I imagine they just didn't do their job properly during the vetting process, and just glanced at the sheet and signed it off. I think it's incompetence that has now led to straw clutching rather than some nefarious plot.

I say that, because the code is pretty clear, if there is an error, and if the legal teams miss is and the trial proceeds, it can't be used as a reason for mistrial. It's pretty clearly written. If it was some plot in case they lost, they chose a fucking stupid thing to use because it's completely null.

They're trying to plead that... well, basically it wasn't fair because they thought the clerks would vet everything, and they could phone it in and just sign off without actually doing their due diligence.

Basically this makes her legal representatives look even more incompetent, and Elaine desperate for something, anything, however ridiculous, to use to appeal, because the facts of the case and the conduct of the trial mean any other form of appeal would just get thrown out.

CesspoolofHatred

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they just didn't do their job properly during the vetting process, and just glanced at the sheet and signed it off. I think it's incompetence that has now led to straw clutching rather than some nefarious plot.

I say that, because the code is pretty clear, if there is an error, and if the legal teams miss is and the trial proceeds, it can't be used as a reason for mistrial. It's pretty clearly written. If it was some plot in case they lost, they chose a fucking stupid thing to use because it's completely null.

They're trying to plead that... well, basically it wasn't fair because they thought the clerks would vet everything, and they could phone it in and just sign off without actually doing their due diligence.

Basically this makes her legal representatives look even more incompetent, and Elaine desperate for something, anything, however ridiculous, to use to appeal, because the facts of the case and the conduct of the trial mean any other form of appeal would just get thrown out.
First, you're presuming that it's the responsibility of the parties to verify the identities of the jurors, and not the court's. 8.01-353.1 (linked earlier) sets out how that process works, and I don't see anywhere in that statute where it says the parties have any responsibility there, so this would be a process the courthouse staff carries out. And I don't think it's unfair or unreasonable to expect that courthouse staff should have verified jurors' identities before they made it past the jury pool into voir dire. I've got a pretty low opinion of the overall competence of Heard's legal team but I'm not super keen on passing what appears to be the court's egregious fuckup on due diligence here as their own.

Second, I think you're interpreting 8.01-353 too broadly. Looking at the entirety of the statute, any "errors" would relate to the information presented (i.e. name, age, address, etc.) on copies of the jury panel made available to counsel of record by "the clerk or sheriff or other officer responsible for notifying jurors", which reads to me as referencing clerical errors more than anything else. I'm very skeptical that an alleged impersonation of one of the jurors from the jury pool would fall within that scope.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017

I guess my biggest reason I have to suspect this is that, okay, Elaine and Co didn't catch it before because they're incompetent... But if it's as they allege, Ben Chew/Vasquez and their giant team of lawyers would've, at some point, realized it, too. And would've brought it up.

I don't think impersonation is what's going on here. Most realistic thing, if there's any truth at all, is that it's a clerical error that was caught and fixed on some documents but not on others.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
[h1][/h1]

lawandcrime.com

An insurance company has sued Amber Heard in an effort to avoid paying ex-husband Johnny Depp's multi-million dollar defamation judgment against her.
Called it: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jo...ard-defamed-him-in-op-ed.590196/post-87650022

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022

lawandcrime.com

It would be really shitty if this led to a mistrial.

I don't think Johnny will care to go through another trial if there's a mistrial. He got his name cleared and that's all he truly cared about. He's not going to ever see a cent from Amber if he wins again. So what's the point?

Amber will never move past this despite saying that's all she wanted to do. She knows she's a liar. The whole world knows it. She started this case with most of the world believing her story and having some credibility. That's all gone now. Not sure anyone would be keen to defend her either. Not exactly a good career move.

Even with the verdict, the support for Depp in mainstream media has the support for Heard too strong. It makes no sense, there are a lot of supportors of Heard still. A mistrial will only make that worse and give credibility to their already uncredible claims that Depp was the abuser. A mistrial would be disastrous for Depp, I think.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Turns out Amber Heard was aware of the discrepancy, yet the juror was still approved by Heards legal team.

FXb5M2rWYAEuJPa

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Johnny Depp Intends to Settle Suit Accusing Him of Assaulting City of Lies Crew Member[/H1
Johnny Depp has signaled plans to settle a lawsuit filed by a crew member who claimed actor punched him on the set of City of Lies in 2017.
A year after the alleged assault, Gregg "Rocky" Brooks sued Depp in Los Angeles County. Brooks claimed that Depp punched him, asserting damages for alleged assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, hostile work environment, wrongful termination and retaliation.
The terms of the deal are not public, and Depp's press representative declined to comment to Law&Crime. Brooks' lawyer Arbella Azizian, who filed notice of the settlement on Monday, did not immediately respond to Law&Crime's press inquiry.
Earlier on Monday, Depp's attorneys Benjamin Chew and Camille Vasquez asked a judge to reject what they described as his ex-wife Amber Heard's "desperate" arguments that a juror inappropriately landed on the panel. They said that the assertions amounted to "pure speculation."

lawandcrime.com

Johnny Depp Intends to Settle Suit Accusing Him of Assaulting 'City of Lies' Crew Member: Document

Johnny Depp has signaled plans to settle a lawsuit filed by a crew member who claimed actor punched him on the set of 'City of Lies' in 2017.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022

Johnny Depp Intends to Settle Suit Accusing Him of Assaulting City of LiesCrew Member[/H1

lawandcrime.com

Johnny Depp Intends to Settle Suit Accusing Him of Assaulting 'City of Lies' Crew Member: Document

Johnny Depp has signaled plans to settle a lawsuit filed by a crew member who claimed actor punched him on the set of 'City of Lies' in 2017.

Not sure how this looks. Settling means ending a suit before a verdict. Maybe Depp's legal team thought a guilty verdict could be used against him in future abuse claims / could be more damaging in the future and settling could prevent that to a certain degree.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's my guess too. Hail Mary attempt to get a mistrial in case their appeal is denied, which I'm guessing they know will be.
That would be supremely stupid because had it gone the other way, Depp's team would be seeking the same.

And had Depp's team been aware of this during the trial, they would've sought to remove the juror. Which is why I don't think it's anything beyond a simple clerical error that Heard's lawyers are desperately throwing out there to cast suspicions on the verdict and stoke doubt online.

And I'm confident of that, be it during her testimony "Google me and see who gets abuse online" or during the Guthrie interview... Heard has been more focused on her image and her reputation online than the judgment itself. It's all a PR battle for her, all the way back to May 27th, 2016.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah after reading that filing, the point of bringing up the juror is to taint social discourse not to actually cause a mistrial or appeal.

"Only reason Depp one was because the juror was rigged"

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
That would be supremely stupid because had it gone the other way, Depp's team would be seeking the same.

And had Depp's team been aware of this during the trial, they would've sought to remove the juror. Which is why I don't think it's anything beyond a simple clerical error that Heard's lawyers are desperately throwing out there to cast suspicions on the verdict and stoke doubt online.

And I'm confident of that, be it during her testimony "Google me and see who gets abuse online" or during the Guthrie interview... Heard has been more focused on her image and her reputation online than the judgment itself. It's all a PR battle for her, all the way back to May 27th, 2016.

It definitely was an error, any sane person can see it, but her and her legal team are just desperate.

She won't be able to afford them PR battles for much longer. If she loses the insurance case, she'll have to pay back in full to Depp as they won't be liable to help. Lol

Yeah after reading that filing, the point of bringing up the juror is to taint social discourse not to actually cause a mistrial or appeal.

Yeah, trying to get the media talking again to be on her side.

Remember, she can't afford to pay "Debt", but she can afford all this bat shit insane PR stunts.

Too bad she's going to another trial with her insurance provider so let's see how she spins this one. Lol

The Big Short

Oct 29, 2017
If you break down what they're saying, their basis for that Heard's team was aware is that the information about the juror was already available and that they state in their appeal he's clearly much younger. It's a leap of logic on Depp's team's end that they made the connection from the very beginning.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling, history of similar behavior
Not sure how this looks. Settling means ending a suit before a verdict. Maybe Depp's legal team thought a guilty verdict could be used against him in future abuse claims / could be more damaging in the future and settling could prevent that to a certain degree.
If only the op-eds had referred to him as a man-beater....since we now know how important the truth and clearing one's name is to Depp we can assume the accusations are true.

Plum

May 31, 2018
God I really hate this shit :(

I was watching a really well-done, informative video on mental health and asylums by a creator I've appreciated considerably in the past and then this quote comes up:

View: https://youtu.be/NMVEWgzvzlg?t=3796

"Johnny Depp recently, for fame, spite, and money, gaslit the world into thinking Amber Heard was not mentally stable and, also, evil."

And now I just can't take anything else he says seriously. He uses an example earlier in the video of a therapist he had randomly saying "do you agree that Biden is being too soft on China?" and, to me, this feels exactly that. It's so hard to trust someone's opinion when they can randomly come out and say that they don't care for facts, even if they see themselves as one who does.

I know this is just some random Youtuber, but I feel it's a good example of how this case is just popping up in such random places to help further divide left-wing voices both prominent and major. I mean, how can I trust any left-wing personality any more if they're so willing to 'show their ass' on this? It's isolating as fuck.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017

Yup, it's incredibly transparent. Her shtick doesn't work anymore, no matter how many articles the media keeps making about everything she alleges.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
If only the op-eds had referred to him as a man-beater....since we now know how important the truth and clearing one's name is to Depp we can assume the accusations are true.
No, we f*cking can't. Settling doesn't automatically mean you're guilty of something.

He settled things with Amber as well... Until she started defaming him.

We all know how that turned out.

A.M.R

May 17, 2020

From what I noticed from the deposition transcript, & witness list, this case is ridiculous. I can safely say that Rocky case is shady at best, & Johnny had higher chance to win this. He had 40 timestamped photos from the script supervisor & her sworn testimony realted to the incident that support his claim. Granted we didn't see those photos yet, but they are in the evidence list. but you never know if someone of the jury happened to be an Amber supporter & want to get him. & also probably Johnny doesn't want to be dragged again to court. The media will smear him regardless of the verdict unfortunately.

My thoughts about the case (& please correct me if I got something wrong):
- The damages claim that can be recovered is only $800! (that's the cost for 4 visit to therapist for emotional distress years after the incident & Rocky claims it be realted, although forgot to mention it earlier in deposition, strange, though it appears to be realted to other things going in his life like the car accident he has been through. It's worth noting that 2 of those visits happened after his deposition been recorded. I personally think it's to set the story straight, since the therapist was going to be a witness in the trial)
- The attorney's cost for both sides is for sure more than the damages claimed, which makes it not worth it. This was designed from the beginning for the big settlement money not for winning. If Rocky wanted to clear his name from being a racist, he should have never settled then. and also it was clear that this case is another front for Amber Heard lawyers since they openly supported Rocky. Amber Heard herself, the queen of perjury, is in his witness list.
- Rocky claims that Johnny punched him twice in the ribs, & Johnny claims that didn't happen, but agrees that he scolded him for berating a poor woman. Regardless of what really happened, the two men resolved this conflict later in the same night. Rocky was the one who wanted to take a photo together.
In the photo you can see both smiling, no injuries, no grudges. It was solved!
20220713-081218.jpg

- Rocky had this photo posted on his Facebook for years. He only took it down just before filling the lawsuit. During his deposition, he was asked why he took it down, & he said it shouldn't be out there, just common sense. Yeah, an attempt to hide an evidence that the issue was resolved & that it undermine his case, that doesn't look good.
- During discovery, it was revealed that Rocky had a dispute 15min before the alleged incident with another building manager. He was witnessed cursing & flipping off the other person before leaving the site. Rocky didn't deny that during deposition. This point is important, because he was already angry & agitated, & makes it more likely that he put his anger on a poor woman if she was on his way.
- Johnny didn't know about the earlier incident until it was brought to him during deposition. This makes it less likely that he made up the story about the woman, if he already know what causing Rocky bad temper.
- Rocky's lawyers filed a motion to not bring up that 15min earlier dispute during the trail claiming it's not realted & prejudicial. Yeah, they know it makes his case more weak.
- They also wanted to bring Rocky's therapist as an expert witness, which would allow them to bring up hersay & talk in generalization.
- Johnny team filed a motion to not bring up Johnny's drug addiction history or Amber's case. It's clear that the opposition will use those to sway the jury, even if they aren't releated to the incident.

The case is shady & the Jury most likely will see through it. But if Johnny want to just move on, well, good for him too.

RUFF BEEST

Jun 10, 2022
Toronto, ON

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Can Amber just file for bankruptcy?

Cardi B recently sued and won against some Youtuber and the Youtuber is just not paying.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017

Amber Heard's Request for Mistrial Over Juror Issue Denied by Judge

Heard had asked the court to nullify the verdict and order a new trial, after discovering that one of the seven jurors did not receive a summons. Heard's team stated that the jury summons was sent to a person from the same household who is 25 years older than the juror who came to court.

But in her ruling on Wednesday, Judge Penney Azcarate dismissed that argument, finding that Heard's team should have raised the objection sooner and that there is no evidence of fraud, and no evidence that the mistake biased the trial.

"Defendant does not allege Juror Fifteen's inclusion on the jury prejudiced her in any way," the judge wrote. "The juror was vetted, sat for the entire jury, deliberated and reached a verdict. The only evidence before this Court is that this juror and all jurors followed their oaths, the Court's instructions and orders. This court is bound by the competent decision of the jury."

Heard is expected to file an appeal once the judgment becomes final.

Games

Oct 27, 2017

Amber Heard's Request for Mistrial Over Juror Issue Denied by Judge

Heard had asked the court to nullify the verdict and order a new trial, after discovering that one of the seven jurors did not receive a summons. Heard's team stated that the jury summons was sent to a person from the same household who is 25 years older than the juror who came to court.

But in her ruling on Wednesday, Judge Penney Azcarate dismissed that argument, finding that Heard's team should have raised the objection sooner and that there is no evidence of fraud, and no evidence that the mistake biased the trial.

"Defendant does not allege Juror Fifteen's inclusion on the jury prejudiced her in any way," the judge wrote. "The juror was vetted, sat for the entire jury, deliberated and reached a verdict. The only evidence before this Court is that this juror and all jurors followed their oaths, the Court's instructions and orders. This court is bound by the competent decision of the jury."

Heard is expected to file an appeal once the judgment becomes final.
I think the motion was even worse than this article makes it sound - which is still written under the assumption that the wrong person responded to the summons. It all hinged on the juror having the incorrect birth date, but the birth date Amber Heard's team claimed to be incorrect was never actually on the summons. Not only that, the questionnaire the juror filled out had his correct birth date. As far as I can tell, there was never any "mistake" anywhere.

It comes across as an attempt to muddy the waters when they know journalists will be lax with reporting, as has been the case with the entire trial.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
This is getting pathetic from AH and her team. I get that they have a duty to do everything for their client and that anybody who believes they still have a case should fight it to the bitter end, but it's over. You tried to the lie to the world and you failed. Spectacularly. Pay what you owe and go home.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
I think the motion was even worse than this article makes it sound - which is still written under the assumption that the wrong person responded to the summons. It all hinged on the juror having the incorrect birth date, but the birth date Amber Heard's team claimed to be incorrect was never actually on the summons. Not only that, the questionnaire the juror filled out had his correct birth date. As far as I can tell, there was never any "mistake" anywhere.

It comes across as an attempt to muddy the waters when they know journalists will be lax with reporting, as has been the case with the entire trial.

Doesn't help that they essentially doxed this particular juror because now someone with access to Fairfax county voter rolls (or other public information) can look for 2 people of the same name at the same address with the birth years listed and figure out who they are and harass them or whatever.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017

So, as has come to be expected of her... She lied. She's so unfuriatingly transparent.

It hurts my head. Pay your victim and kindly go f*ck off somewhere.

Her appeal failing is all that's left to happen, so we all can finally move on.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017

Yep. I can't find anywhere officially where Amber's Team got that the birthdate 1945 date was wrongly entered or filled out by the juror. I almost wish Juror number 15 could sue for defamation.

You can see here on page 4 the juror filled out their correct birthday

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/sites/circuit/files/assets/documents/pdf/high-profile/depp v heard/cl-2019-2911-juror-order-7-13-2022.pdf

Last edited:

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly did not expect it to be THIS straightforward loool
Like there's really no room for any interpretation here, this matter is dead and buried. I thought at least someone at the court entered the DOB wrong, but not event THAT holy shit.

Yet they got what they wanted. Watch as none of the outlets that reported the juror issue, publish a clear article on this.
In fact, the AP article above never mentions that the juror filled his paperwork with his correct information. Just that the Judge rejected Heard's motion.

This bullshit is so tiring.

Tamahagene

Banned
May 4, 2022
Are people from this thread ready to stop underselling how hard tbe entire online progressive apparatus came our for Heard and admit that it was never always just bots or the MSM on an island on it's own (this thread being an anomaly)?
Not that the majority of left-leaning folks don't favor Depp as a we have to statistically, but it's not the portion that has the most presence in progressive podcasts/media/spaces(I.e on Youtube/Twitter/Subreddit moderation and userbases) or in visible academia.
It's actually a really insane feeling.
I have a friend Zoe and I just knew she'd be supporting Amber during the case so I didn't broach the topic until a few weeks afterwards.
And seeing her follow the exact path I predicted for the leftists who were non-engaged in the trial or actively avoiding it but existed consuming takes/content from people with a vested pro-Amber narrative and would probably have a surface level bad impression of the "Depp mob," was horrible to see.
We deadass have a Q-anon level distance in perceiving this whole event and if sucks to see her think i'm subject to propaganda and unchecked bias/projection of male victimhood.
Pretty much more than any other disagreement we've ever had.
It all sucks so much and I knew this wouldn't end with the trial and the fight had to continue, but damn it's still a trip.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Amber Heard Files Notice of Appeal of $10.35 Million Defamation Verdict in Johnny Depp's Favor

Actress Amber Heard filed a notice of appeal on Thursday signaling her plans to challenge a $10.35 million defamation verdict in her ex-husband Johnny Depp's favor.
Filed in Fairfax County Circuit Court in Virginia, the two-page notice does not reveal the basis of the appeal, and Heard's representatives did not release a statement by press time.
Heard previously challenged the verdict at the lower court level, claiming one of the jurors inappropriately landed on the panel.

Fairfax County Circuit Court Judge Penney Azcarate rejected that argument.

lawandcrime.com

Amber Heard Files Notice of Appeal of $10.35 Million Defamation Verdict in Johnny Depp's Favor

Actress Amber Heard filed a notice of appeal on Thursday signaling her plans to challenge a $10.35 million defamation verdict in her ex-husband Johnny Depp's favor.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Are people from this thread ready to stop underselling how hard tbe entire online progressive apparatus came our for Heard and admit that it was never always just bots or the MSM on an island on it's own (this thread being an anomaly)?
Not that the majority of left-leaning folks don't favor Depp as a we have to statistically, but it's not the portion that has the most presence in progressive podcasts/media/spaces(I.e on Youtube/Twitter/Subreddit moderation and userbases) or in visible academia.
It's actually a really insane feeling.
I have a friend Zoe and I just knew she'd be supporting Amber during the case so I didn't broach the topic until a few weeks afterwards.
And seeing her follow the exact path I predicted for the leftists who were non-engaged in the trial or actively avoiding it but existed consuming takes/content from people with a vested pro-Amber narrative and would probably have a surface level bad impression of the "Depp mob," was horrible to see.
We deadass have a Q-anon level distance in perceiving this whole event and if sucks to see her think i'm subject to propaganda and unchecked bias/projection of male victimhood.
Pretty much more than any other disagreement we've ever had.
It all sucks so much and I knew this wouldn't end with the trial and the fight had to continue, but damn it's still a trip.
Who ITT is underselling this?

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Johnny Depp Files Notice of Appeal to Counter Amber Heard and Put 'Full Record and All Relevant Legal Issues' Before the Court

Actor Johnny Depp has filed court papers to appeal a judgment against him and in favor of his ex-wife Amber Heard. The documents — a notice of appeal, an appeal for bond cost, and filing letter addressed to the clerk of the Fairfax County, Virginia Circuit Court — are file stamped as having been received at 9:37 a.m. Friday.
The notice of appeal reads as follows: "Plaintiff and Counterclaim-Defendant John C. Depp, II, by counsel, hereby appeals to the Court of Appeals of Virginia from all adverse rulings and from the final judgment order of this Circuit Court entered on June 24, 2022."

The appeal for bond costs says Depp is seeking "to satisfy all damages, costs, and fees that may be awarded against him in the Court of Appeals and in the Supreme Court, if it takes cognizance of the claim."
That source also suggested that Depp felt compelled to file his own appeal because Heard had already filed hers.
"The verdict speaks for itself, and Mr. Depp believes that this is a time for both parties to move on with their lives and heal," the source said. "But if Ms. Heard is determined to pursue further litigation by appealing the verdict, Mr. Depp is filing a concurrent appeal to ensure that the full record and all relevant legal issues are considered by the Court of Appeal."

lawandcrime.com

Johnny Depp Files Notice of Appeal to Counter Amber Heard and Put 'Full Record and All Relevant Legal Issues' Before the Court

Actor Johnny Depp has filed court papers to appeal a judgment against him and in favor of his ex-wife Amber Heard.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
"The verdict speaks for itself, and Mr. Depp believes that this is a time for both parties to move on with their lives and heal," the source said. "But if Ms. Heard is determined to pursue further litigation by appealing the verdict, Mr. Depp is filing a concurrent appeal to ensure that the full record and all relevant legal issues are considered by the Court of Appeal."
Basically, yeah the verdicts are gonna stand, and this is a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.