• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/friday-ratings-dateline-eyes-low-223822445.html

In the latest TV ratings, Dateline NBC's sitdown with Amber Heard on Friday night drew 2.3 million total viewers and a 0.2 demo rating, down 18 and 50 percent week-to-week to mark the newsmagazine's second smallest audience since November and a season low in the demo.

NBC paid to fly her in a private jet, and is rumored to have also paid her up to $1 Million for the sit down interview. If true, with these low ratings NBC might have lost money on this interview.
She's got to collect enoug
Amber Heard Getting Multi-Million Dollar Deal As Revenge Against Johnny Depp?

www.giantfreakinrobot.com

Amber Heard may be down, but she is not out. Reports are coming in that the actress has landed a multi million dollar deal.

Can she be sue again is she lie in her book?
Seemingly yes. She's aware of that too, but keeps doubling down on everything that lost her the defamation suit in interviews and elsewhere.

The question is would he, and it doesn't seem like he has an interest.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If this book deal goes through and she is still going on about him being the abuser then he has to sue her otherwise he is never going to have an ease of mind. AH is acting like a spoiled child who didn't get her way.

A.M.R

May 17, 2020
Thank you. I'm doing as well as I can be, I guess.

I know that not everyone can understand this because, thankfully, not everyone has gone through this but I think you don't understand what this case was about for Depp. He didn't sue the Sun because he was feeling litigious, he did because the world thought he was a monster and he wanted to set the record straight, he wanted to speak his truth. Suing the Sun just happened to be, at the time, the way his legal team thought he could do it best. Now I don't want to get into the weeds of whether I thought that case was fair or not. I want to bring things back around to the most recent case and what it meant for Depp.

He said it quite plainly and repeatedly, he just wanted to speak his truth, even if it meant showing the worst sides of him to society, having the world learn about private, intimate details of his life and relationships. He was willing to pay that price to be able to speak his truth and once it was all presented, once his team presented the final statements, that was enough for him. He didn't set foot in court again and he tried to go back to living his life.

He didn't hire a new PR firm to defend him or attack his former wife, he didn't try to land as many interviews as he could to speak up against the person that brought so much personal and professional harm.

I remember on Heard's last testimony, she emotionally begged Johnny to "leave her alone" and he did. As far as I'm aware he's been trying to avoid mentioning her directly. She continues to deny the ruling, any wrongdoing and attempts to defame him while at the same time victimizing herself for a situation that is, for the most part, of her own making.

I don't blame anyone for trying to move on with their lives and trying to preserve their careers, taking a person's livelihood away is akin to killing them, but I can't empathize with someone that did so once and continues to try to do even after losing an important case for doing so. The only thing I feel for Heard at this stage is honestly pity, that she and her team continue to present themselves as being in complete denial of the entire case.

It would be incredibly unlikely to see Depp pursuing further legal actions regarding this case, outside of defending himself when sued. I get the feeling that even if he had lost most of his possessions he would still be happy that his children now know that their father isn't the monster that media portrayed him as.

If you think there is a desire for litigious activity against any platform that still supports Heard, after everything that was said and presented in the trial, I honestly don't think you understood what the case was truly about.

I could only hope that one day I could close the book on the things I've been through as neatly as Depp did. I could only hope that I could walk away from those memories and try to regain a fragment of the happiness I once had. I could only hope that not only I'd be able to find some happiness but the world would understand my pain, and help me heal. I can only, and ever, hope for such a thing. I can only and ever feel such things vicariously through what happened during this trial.

Now is a time for personal healing, not pursuing frivolous and petty lawsuits.

I appreciate your take, & I hope you find your healing source someday!

You're very right. People criticized Deep for not attending the verdict day, but that because they didn't understand him. He already moved on the day of the closing argument & never looked back. and maybe even before that. We have seen how his demeanor gradually changed in the trial. We have seen how the weight gradually lifted from his back bit by bit!

I have to add one more thing. His message after the verdict was very touching for me personally. The part when he said he was humbled by the jury decision felt so relatable. 7 random people he know nothing about gave him his life backb and more!

I have been in somewhat difficult situations in my life too. And some random people who don't know me offered to help without me asking. It's this humbling feeling that someone else felt your suffering, helped you more than you could ever ask & want nothing back! It makes me cry whenever I remember that!

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you. I'm doing as well as I can be, I guess.

I know that not everyone can understand this because, thankfully, not everyone has gone through this but I think you don't understand what this case was about for Depp. He didn't sue the Sun because he was feeling litigious, he did because the world thought he was a monster and he wanted to set the record straight, he wanted to speak his truth. Suing the Sun just happened to be, at the time, the way his legal team thought he could do it best. Now I don't want to get into the weeds of whether I thought that case was fair or not. I want to bring things back around to the most recent case and what it meant for Depp.

He said it quite plainly and repeatedly, he just wanted to speak his truth, even if it meant showing the worst sides of him to society, having the world learn about private, intimate details of his life and relationships. He was willing to pay that price to be able to speak his truth and once it was all presented, once his team presented the final statements, that was enough for him. He didn't set foot in court again and he tried to go back to living his life.

He didn't hire a new PR firm to defend him or attack his former wife, he didn't try to land as many interviews as he could to speak up against the person that brought so much personal and professional harm.

I remember on Heard's last testimony, she emotionally begged Johnny to "leave her alone" and he did. As far as I'm aware he's been trying to avoid mentioning her directly. She continues to deny the ruling, any wrongdoing and attempts to defame him while at the same time victimizing herself for a situation that is, for the most part, of her own making.

I don't blame anyone for trying to move on with their lives and trying to preserve their careers, taking a person's livelihood away is akin to killing them, but I can't empathize with someone that did so once and continues to try to do even after losing an important case for doing so. The only thing I feel for Heard at this stage is honestly pity, that she and her team continue to present themselves as being in complete denial of the entire case.

It would be incredibly unlikely to see Depp pursuing further legal actions regarding this case, outside of defending himself when sued. I get the feeling that even if he had lost most of his possessions he would still be happy that his children now know that their father isn't the monster that media portrayed him as.

If you think there is a desire for litigious activity against any platform that still supports Heard, after everything that was said and presented in the trial, I honestly don't think you understood what the case was truly about.

I could only hope that one day I could close the book on the things I've been through as neatly as Depp did. I could only hope that I could walk away from those memories and try to regain a fragment of the happiness I once had. I could only hope that not only I'd be able to find some happiness but the world would understand my pain, and help me heal. I can only, and ever, hope for such a thing. I can only and ever feel such things vicariously through what happened during this trial.

Now is a time for personal healing, not pursuing frivolous and petty lawsuits.

This is a great post. Especially the bolded part. The world did see Depp as a monster. And what he did here was just come clean about everything, he showed the worst parts of himself. How he lashed out verbally, all the drugs and alcohol he took. And when Heard's team (mis)presented those texts in which Depp claimed he was entitled to womens bodies (which would make him a monster) his reaction was completely sincere that he was appalled by those texts and would never, ever write them.

And the jury basically looked at Depp's worst and said: nah, that doesn't make you a monster.

I'm not a fan of snorting as much coke as I believe Depp did. But hey, cool. It's your life. And no matter how the media try to spin this shit, millions of people around the world also saw the worst of Depp and came to the conclusion: you're not a monster.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Heard talks of his lawyers thinking about it but here we are and she's still at it. I mean letting her talk is more damaging to her than anything at this point but with a book deal she'll have more room to spill her vitriol.

Surely AH pressing on with her claims in a published book would leave her WIDE open for another lawsuit.

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
This part was bizarre:

The writer is describing the interview as "unbiased" as a… bad thing? And then implying that plenty of other journalists would have been happy to give her a biased interview in her favor, and that's good? This is very confusing.

Saying the quiet part out loud. The left is learning a bit too much from the right it seems.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
www.giantfreakinrobot.com

Amber Heard may be down, but she is not out. Reports are coming in that the actress has landed a multi million dollar deal.

Can she be sue again is she lie in her book?
Over the weekend, TMZ posted a video of Heard and her sister Whitney Henriquez shopping for clothes at discount chain TJ Maxx in Bridgehampton, New York, seemingly indicating her current financial situation has humbled her previously extravagant lifestyle. The New York Post reports that the average home in Bridgehampton goes for around $3.8 million, so she isn't exactly slumming it right now. Even so, commenters on the TMZ video aren't buying it. Many have claimed that this is merely another PR move by Amber Heard, a staged photo-op to win sympathy.

LMAO

roguebubble

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 8, 2018
Over the weekend, TMZ posted a video of Heard and her sister Whitney Henriquez shopping for clothes at discount chain TJ Maxx in Bridgehampton, New York, seemingly indicating her current financial situation has humbled her previously extravagant lifestyle. The New York Post reports that the average home in Bridgehampton goes for around $3.8 million, so she isn't exactly slumming it right now. Even so, commenters on the TMZ video aren't buying it. Many have claimed that this is merely another PR move by Amber Heard, a staged photo-op to win sympathy.

LMAO
The fact that she didn't actually buy anything once she got caught on camera does lend credence to that (and we know from the trial that Heard knows how to tip off journalists for favourable coverage)

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
kotaku.com

Vilifying Amber Heard Shows We Learned Nothing From GamerGate

People can’t stand imperfect women—not in the Depp v. Heard Trial, or in games, or anywhere

Anyone read this?
giphy-downsized.gif

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
It's the usual "Amber was the victim, the UK trial was The Truth and the US trial was a circus show to abuse her further" bullshit.

Look we all know the trial with less evidence presented, that wasn't actually against Amber Heard, and ruled on by a single person who outright said "well if she donated the money why would she lie?" is the trial we should put all our faith in to.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't AH have to file a motion to appeal within the next 2 days? Or have I got my dates wrong?

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
no sir

I do wonder if the UK court cares at all that she held on to the money instead of donating it like they assumed she would since their judgement keeps getting cited.
Pro-Heard media loves calling this trial a circus, but the fools clearly never looked what sort of bullshit was afoot in the UK trial.

Setting aside the alleged conflict of interest with the judge himself and his connection to the Sun... Reading parts of the judgement drove me nuts, I couldn't force myself to read the whole thing.

Very quickly it's clear the UK judge already had made up his mind before the trial even began. He is completely inconsistent in applying his own standards, even.
For instance, he placed no weight on what she admits to in the tapes, or how her scheming to lie about the dog smuggling business affects her credibility because to him a testimony under oath is a far more serious statement and therefore more believable... But when it came to Depp's testimony, or his witnesses, their oath meant nothing, because Depp "admitted" to Kipper he cut his own finger in a text, and look he referred to himself as a "monster" in this tape or that email or whatever, obviously he's not just reusing Heard's vocabulary like he testifies to!
And who cares what evidence her former assistant produced or testified to, how dare she cast doubt on Heard's credibility and character?! Kate James is just a vindictive piece of shit who's bitter over getting fired... smh

And of course, SHE GAVE ALL THE MONEY AWAY... Let's not look closer into it, tho, #IBelieveHer, 12 times, abuse PROVEN!!

Like... I've read and heard for a while that the UK trial was a shitshow, I didn't quite realize how bad it really was until I've looked more into it.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's grim that the gist of the article could have been written before the trial itself and absolutely nothing new is being written by the liberal press about this. I just want to see one article in the liberal press where minds were changed by the evidence shown in the trial and its findings and I will gain back a slither of faith.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
It's grim that the gist of the article could have been written before the trial itself and absolutely nothing new is being written by the liberal press about this. I just want to see one article in the liberal press where minds were changed by the evidence shown in the trial and its findings and I will gain back a slither of faith.

Grim is an understatement.I was nearly expecting the article to finish with "I didn't watch the trial".

Feb 16, 2022

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been following this that much - I hear the trial has been ridiculous due to the stupidity of Heard's lawyer, but I've had other stuff to do and I'm not generally into celebrity culture so I didn't spend my time on it.

I just popped in because I saw a hashtag an anti-Amber Heard hashtag trending on Twitter, which seems like it's being promoted by the law YouTuber who was building the Vic Mignogna fandom around himself. I guess it shouldn't be surprising, but since Vic Mignogna's support was often fueled by naked misogyny, it looks like Amber Heard has provided a springboard for misogynists to try to rally people around.

That's not to speak in support of Amber Heard, since as far as I'm aware she isn't the victim in this situation. Johnny Depp isthe victim and male victims are often dismissed, so it's important that it's recognized. There's nothing wrong in and of itself with recognizing Amber Heard as the abuser when that's what she is here.

But I can't look at at a lawyer who happily sided with a known sexual abuser then jumping in to dunk on Amber Heard and think that they're acting in good faith just because they're on the right side this time. I have to imagine that he sees an opportunity to disguise his role as a bad actor under sentiments that don't come from the same place as his.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
didnt most law youtubers think she won't appeal because of the bond?
i expect AH to just play the PR and social media game

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been following this that much - I hear the trial has been ridiculous due to the stupidity of Heard's lawyer, but I've had other stuff to do and I'm not generally into celebrity culture so I didn't spend my time on it.

But I can't look at at a lawyer who happily sided with a known sexual abuser then jumping in to dunk on Amber Heard and think that they're acting in good faith just because they're on the right side this time. I have to imagine that he sees an opportunity to disguise his role as a bad actor under sentiments that don't come from the same place as his.

more than just her lawyers, Amber Heard herself and her testimony played a huge part in it too. if you're interested you can probably find some trial highlights to see a selection of the ridiculousness, without even having to spend more than 5-15 minutes. There are places where you can see trial footage without people posting meme faces and hot takes, so you don't have to feel like youre supporting assholes.

but yes you should definitely avoid the right wingers and misogynists who look at this thing and think they can use it as some kind of Trump era recruitment tool.

And at this point any amber heard johnny depp social media should just be blocked, with the trial being over the odds of posts being informative versus vitriolic and toxic are really low.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

I just popped in because I saw a hashtag an anti-Amber Heard hashtag trending on Twitter, which seems like it's being promoted by the law YouTuber who was building the Vic Mignogna fandom around himself. I guess it shouldn't be surprising, but since Vic Mignogna's support was often fueled by naked misogyny, it looks like Amber Heard has provided a springboard for misogynists to try to rally people around.

That's not to speak in support of Amber Heard, since as far as I'm aware she isn't the victim in this situation. Johnny Depp isthe victim and male victims are often dismissed, so it's important that it's recognized. There's nothing wrong in and of itself with recognizing Amber Heard as the abuser when that's what she is here.

Precisely. This case was the perfect opportunity for those idiots to go " SEE WE FIGHT FOR JUSTICE !! " ( but just randomly happens to be near exclusively always siding against the woman. )

There are also tons of youtubers who exploded and made a lot of money from this case.
So gotta milk what you can.

You know how they learned to manufacture outrage with star wars and what not.

Well since everybody hates amber heard ( legitimately as she is a liar and an abuser ) you're seeing those " engagement " tactics full force.

But since a lot of the (american) left leaning platforms decided to bury their heads in the sands and pretend a woman even this evil can do no wrong, and started spreading false information to fit their narrative etc..., people that can see with their own eyes have * had * to go to those channels. Which is very dangerous because it's a slippery slope.
Not everyone knew of the Vic situation so they just see those guys as fighting for truth. So whatever is next.... they "earned" their trust from many people while other figures supposed to be truthful and just have lost all credibility.

It's a shit show.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

There are certainly misogynist taking advantage of this situation. Liberal media lionizing Amber Heard is serving to amplify the impact of that. People who have a blanket hatred for women are using this blatant refusal to accept the facts and admit that Amber Heard had us all fooled as reason to discredit the entire movement to dutifully support people who come forward with abuse allegations.

Amber Heard didn't provide a springboard. In a sane world, Amber Heard would simply be regarded as a reflection of no one but herself. Instead she's be treated like a martyr - and the outlets treating her this way are the springboard for misogynists. It's sad.

A.M.R

May 17, 2020
I'm watching

"Amber Heard NBC Interview Edited, it's WILD"

on Emily's channel right now

I'm still not over the fact that they edited out mid sentence words so cleanly.

Pro-Heard media loves calling this trial a circus, but the fools clearly never looked what sort of bullshit was afoot in the UK trial.

Setting aside the alleged conflict of interest with the judge himself and his connection to the Sun... Reading parts of the judgement drove me nuts, I couldn't force myself to read the whole thing.

Very quickly it's clear the UK judge already had made up his mind before the trial even began. He is completely inconsistent in applying his own standards, even.
For instance, he placed no weight on what she admits to in the tapes, or how her scheming to lie about the dog smuggling business affects her credibility because to him a testimony under oath is a far more serious statement and therefore more believable... But when it came to Depp's testimony, or his witnesses, their oath meant nothing, because Depp "admitted" to Kipper he cut his own finger in a text, and look he referred to himself as a "monster" in this tape or that email or whatever, obviously he's not just reusing Heard's vocabulary like he testifies to!
And who cares what evidence her former assistant produced or testified to, how dare she cast doubt on Heard's credibility and character?! Kate James is just a vindictive piece of shit who's bitter over getting fired... smh

And of course, SHE GAVE ALL THE MONEY AWAY... Let's not look closer into it, tho, #IBelieveHer, 12 times, abuse PROVEN!!

Like... I've read and heard for a while that the UK trial was a shitshow, I didn't quite realize how bad it really was until I've looked more into it.

The same Judge who looked at the obviously saturated same photos & still accepted them as just "taken in different lighting"

RDT-20220623-2150328410732441816133743.jpg

RDT-20220623-2149471514380872357830356.png

This judge is a master class at gaslighting. By all means, his verdict is well written but with a twisted & inconsistent logic beneath. There's a petition by a UK barrister to reopen the appeal for the case. The chances are beyond slim, but I signed it just because I don't agree with this BS.

So just wondering, how does Depp ensure she pays up? Like is she forced to pay in any way?
It's up to Depp to enforce it by handing the court order to a debt collection agency. They can investigate & audit all her finances & possessions to figure out if she truly can't pay. but honestly, we learned in the trial that Depp is a very generous person by nature. He most likely won't care one bit.
Yet the media will demonize him if he do. I'm sure Amber will cry to them saying he is still "abusing" me financially, & they will side with her again. Best course of action is to cut all ties and never give her more chances to twist things.

didnt most law youtubers think she won't appeal because of the bond?
i expect AH to just play the PR and social media game
A law-tuber from Virginia said the bond is not required to appeal there.

Stealth edit: I guess I lashed out against the UK judge. It's just hard to read into it as coming in good faith. In contrast, I'm a big fan of Judge Azcarate. She was overall very fair. She gave chances for everyone, & had extreme patience. Even her responses to the pretrial motions seemed well grounded. If this trial wasn't a jury trial, & the final verdict was in her hand, I wouldn't even be mad on whatever she decide on. Full respect!

Last edited:

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
kotaku.com

Vilifying Amber Heard Shows We Learned Nothing From GamerGate

People can’t stand imperfect women—not in the Depp v. Heard Trial, or in games, or anywhere

Anyone read this?

I did. It was written by a garbage human being that should never work in any industry adjacent to journalism. No doubt they didn't watch the trial and are judging this case solely based on garbage criteria such as "women are always the victims".

A fucking disgrace. Kotaku should feel ashamed. I'm stunned at the arrogance and stupidity of it all. Utterly disgusting.

Feb 16, 2022
I did. It was written by a garbage human being that should never work in any industry adjacent to journalism. No doubt they didn't watch the trial and are judging this case solely based on garbage criteria such as "women are always the victims".

A fucking disgrace. Kotaku should feel ashamed. I'm stunned at the arrogance and stupidity of it all. Utterly disgusting.
The comments on that Kotaku article gave me some bursts of panic attacks. The delusion and gaslighting going on in there is sickening and appaling.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
They were back in court. No settlement was made. Depp did not request an injunction.

About any appeal, The Judge said:

https://www.tmz.com/2022/06/24/amber-heard-can-appeal-johnny-depp-trial-verdict-will-cost/
"The judge said if Amber appeals she must post a bond in the full amount of Johnny's judgment PLUS 6% -- that's an additional $621k. Presumably, the 6% is an interest penalty for a delay in collection."

As far as I know Amber now has 30 days to file an appeal.

Last edited:

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
They were back in court. No settlement was made. Depp did not request an injunction.

About any appeal, The Judge said:

https://www.tmz.com/2022/06/24/amber-heard-can-appeal-johnny-depp-trial-verdict-will-cost/
"The judge said if Amber appeals she must post a bond in the full amount of Johnny's judgment PLUS 6% -- that's an additional $621k. Presumably, the 6% is an interest penalty for a delay in collection."

As far as I know Amber now has 30 days to file an appeal.

As for Amber, her rep released a statement invoking, of all things, the January 6th House hearings, stating ... she will indeed appeal, saying, "As stated in yesterday's congressional hearings, you don't ask for a pardon if you are innocent. And, you don't decline to appeal if you know you are right."
Wait, what?! LMFAO

Status
Not open for further replies.