• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
This guy everywhere in my childhood. Wayans brothers, Friday, etc

Legendary

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck man. :( Looking back, he was definitely a legend. Always stole the scene.

RIP pops.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Loved his voice which is maybe while I'll remember him as Granddad more than other roles.

RIP

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
His "Yeahhhhh Boy!" slayed me everytime.

I've always thought he'd be a bigger legend in person then in character. There's not many people I could say that about.

RIP Mr. Witherspoon.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Dude was and will forever be a comedy legend.
Growing up watching Friday, Soul Plane, Wayans Bros, he always put a smile on my office and would constantly be quoted in our household.

This is a classic scene:

Growing up in the hood, I don't know how many times my relatives would tell us this lol

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
Holy cow. Just got into reading the Boondocks comics, and I could hear his voice emanating from every strip. RIP.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
RIP. Friday was one of my go to comedies as a kid. He was always my favorite part. His work in the Boondocks was likewise outstanding. He'll be missed.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP to the God. One of the funniest cats ever. I've never watched him in ANYTHING and not laugh. One more BANG BANG BANG for the homie.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I really need to start watching Wayans Bros again because I forgot how much he added to it

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fuck i just heard this news! so sad to see him go. one of my fav tv/movie comedians. RIP

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Just learned of this. He was tremendously talented. Might rewatch some of my favorite Boondocks episodes in his memory.

R.I.P.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn...
Loved him in the The Wayans Bros., loved him in Friday, loved him in The Boondocks.
Fuck, I can't even imagine anybody else's voice coming out of Granddad but his....
R.I.P

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow! I just saw an advertisement for his act at the Funny Bone and I was thinking about going.

Man this sucks! RIP! :-(

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched an interview of his not that long talking about Friday and the possibility of a new one. Fucking sucks. RIP.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Man, I really need to start watching Wayans Bros again because I forgot how much he added to it

Love the fuck out of the Wayans Bros and this song is forever cemented in my head.

Just heard a co-worker he passed and had to look for myself. This one hurts, this man was a fucking legend and love everything he's been in. He can't be easily replaced in the Boondocks or Friday, his skill and talent was that unique. RIP Pops, had always hoped to be able to meet you one day, but now I'll have to wait till the afterlife if there is one.

Smitty2NC

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Man he was great in everything he did. The kitchen scene from Friday is my favorite comedy scene ever. My family yells so many of his lines from that movie at each other it's ridiculous. "I'm hiding my grapes!"

RIP.