• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Nooooooo! DAMMIT! :(
We lost one of the best actors in black film and television.
I'll forever know him for his roles as Pops in Friday and Granddad in The Boondocks.

RIP to an OG.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
This is really sad. He's been so funny on Black Jesus this season, too. I can't imagine Aaron McGruder could continue the series without him. It seems impossible to fill the void he and Murphy left.

I wonder what will happen with the Boondocks revival? He is Robert; I can't think of anyone whom could get even close to that.

It was really nice to hear him on Bojack this season as Pickles's dad. "I'm a short stick of dynamite with a long fuse" got a nice laugh from me

RIP

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Just recently rewatched Vampire in Brooklyn. He was great about adding flavor to every scene he was in.

Oct 26, 2017
Terrible news. :(

I first saw him in Boomerang and then several 90s movies and TV shows. He always stole the scene every time he was in it. His family should be proud with the cinematic work he has left behind.

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Jfc noooo.

One of my favorite comedians and actors. From The Richard Pryor Show, to Friday, Wayans Bros, Boomerang, Boondocks, Black Jesus, and so much more. John's been entertaining me my entire life so this is a real shock and very saddening. Rest in Peace to a true comedic legend.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
oh man RIP. I remember laughing so hard I couldn't breathe at his nonsensical fridge rant in Friday. dude was always a riot.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, Rip. Absolute legend. Gonna miss this dude.

Hate to say it, but no way Boondocks can carry on without him.