• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Ian McShane and Lance Reddick should both be pretty easy to get in on this if they wanted to. Keanu is already in, even if it's not centered on him and he'll only appear rarely. It's a good concept that can work well as a series.
If they're able to get them both, then it'll be solid, so hoping they'll at least stick with those core characters.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Cast Christopher Walken

57730d8dd274ac195fcd4361f2adc591.jpg

Too soon for the Harvey Weinstein biopic

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
JW2 expanded on the lore without it bogging down the movie too much. This seems like a great way to dig further into the world of John Wick without it becoming overbearing in the movies, which should really be personal stories about the titular character. This just has to be interesting and good enough to stand on its own.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hotel and the coin aspect of John Wick are the worst parts of the movies. They bring the franchise down IMO

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the movies this week and really liked them. The underground murder club stuff was probably the most surprisingly great thing about them, and I think there's potential in spinning that off as its own thing.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
This could be the best thing to happen for this franchise. I enjoy the movies well enough, but the idea behind the continental lends itself to a potentially awesome series of procedural story telling.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Aaah! I called this on the old site. I knew they were going to spinoff that hotel into a TV show or movie. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that's good. I think some of the early rumors had pegged Fox which would have been awful.

Nov 9, 2017
I don't know much about Starz original programming but I loved Spartacus and was pleasantly surprised by the first JW so this could be interesting.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
When asked whether the TV series, which will focus on the inner workings of the exclusive Continental Hotel which serves as a refuge for assassins, would launch before the fourth film debuts in May 2021, Starz COO Jeffrey Hirsch admitted that it was unlikely.

"My sense is that where we are today the movie date has been set but we're still in early development on the series so [it will air] most likely after," he said at the summer TCA press tour.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
So my guess is that Wick basically will just be a name that people mention in this, like "Damn, looks like Wick was here" whenever they find a room full of dudes shot in the head. Maybe get Keanu for one episode?

For sure, he'll probably show up like Luke in the Mandalorian at some point too