• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the first and the direction was done well to where I'm glad Kransinski is in the chair again. However, I'll admit that there's elements that don't hold up well, such as the nail that had no place being where it was.

Curious as to if it's a straight sequel or not to the events of the first.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, hope that perfect ending to the first movie isn't ruined.

I kind of liked that the last thing we heard was a very loud, distinct noise everyone would be familiar with and that it left things on an uncertain note. Maybe the second movie could be about a different group?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the haters. Love the first movie.

That said I feel like the first movie was perfect and had a perfect ending. If anything I wish a sequel would focus on another group of people.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
This seems like a terrible idea. What are they going to do? Go big, like on an international scale? Or basically just do the same thing again but in a different location? Or maybe throw in another one of the five senses, so the monsters both hate noise *and* light (A Dark, Quiet Place)?

Last edited:

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"A Quiet Place 2: This is Why We Didn't Just Build The House Near The Waterfall"

For reals tho I'm excited, A Quiet Place was such a pleasant surprise last year.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
200.gif
Did you just Aliens this movie?

I like it.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Most overrated movie of last year. So many plot holes, boring characters that make ridiculous choices all to serve the script.

No thank you.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm not sure this movie needed a sequel but I'll check it out at some point.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The first movie was pretty good. Definitely in for a sequel.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping for Purge like situation where the second movie expands things a tad into the wider incident.

I mean now they know how to hurt these things maybe they evolve?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason it seems like people just have a huge axe to grind with this movie? There are plenty of horror/action films with logical inconsistencies or plot holes, but for some reason I feel like A Quiet Place gets hammered over it all the time, even in threads like this that are ostensibly about the sequel.

It's like if every thread about Lord of the Rings were answered with "Why didn't the eagles just fly the ring to Mordor?"

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a reason it seems like people just have a huge axe to grind with this movie? There are plenty of horror/action films with logical inconsistencies or plot holes, but for some reason I feel like A Quiet Place gets hammered over it all the time, even in threads like this that are ostensibly about the sequel.

It's like if every thread about Lord of the Rings were answered with "Why didn't the eagles just fly the ring to Mordor?"

I've noticed this about both A Quiet Place and Birdbox. Just like you describe, films got hammered and hammered online before I even managed to see either of them. Then when I finally saw both, I still don't understand what fueled all of that nonsense versus any other movie that stretches the imagination a bit to make things 'work'.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do we really need a sequel to a Quieter Place...?

Feel like the first one wrapped it up pretty well.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed this about both A Quiet Place and Birdbox. Just like you describe, films got hammered and hammered online before I even managed to see either of them. Then when I finally saw both, I still don't understand what fueled all of that nonsense versus any other movie that stretches the imagination a bit to make things 'work'.

Marvel movies always have plotholes and inconsistencies that are completely handwaved away for no apparent reason, and yet it's possible to have threads about them without those inconsistencies becoming the focus of discussion.

I think it's maybe something about horror movies, and people like to imagine how they would have done it better or smarter if they were a character in the film......or horror movies are more expected to conform to certain rules and conventions.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely needs to pick up soon after 1 and be an Alien to Aliens shift in terms of style. Go action y horror.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Marvel movies always have plotholes and inconsistencies that are completely handwaved away for no apparent reason, and yet it's possible to have threads about them without those inconsistencies becoming the focus of discussion.

I think it's maybe something about horror movies, and people like to imagine how they would have done it better or smarter if they were a character in the film......or horror movies are more expected to conform to certain rules and conventions.
I think people are just unable to fucking relax and enjoy a film without being hypercritical.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I blame YouTube "criticism". Theres this fucking weird and completely obnoxious trend the past 5 years about treating movies like games or puzzles to be solved or "beat". I cannot imagine a less organic, interesting way to watch a movie than to be trying to beat it or work out "plot holes" (subject for another rant - most "plot holes" people whine about arent plot holes at all).

It's the CinemanSins-ation of society and it's awful. A Quiet Place was a wonderful film and when I hear "well its unrealistic because of...." I just feel sad for people.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Rank - Movie - Worldwide Box Office - Domestic Box Office - International Box Office

31. Mary Poppins Return: $342,306,379 - $170,739,253 - $171,567,126

32. A Quiet Place: $340,939,361 - $188,024,361 - $152,915,000

It's kinda crazy how his 17M horror movie collab with Emily ended up making the same amount of money as his wife's 130M big Disney flick.

Last edited: