• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
I actually enjoyed their last album, but Frusciante rejoining is great.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Awww yeah. It would be awesome if he brought some of his acid Trickfinger stuff into it too.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what that means for their style. Does Frusciante throw some avante-garde electronica into the mix? What made him rejoin? Money troubles? Dissatisfaction with the reception to his solo work?

Christmas has come early, motherfuckers.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
nice, caught him at the end of a long tour years ago so he wasn't firing on all cylinders but he was still great.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Josh everyday since being a part of the group was probably worried about this. Everyone knew this was a possibility. It's not like they split over bad terms.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I wonder how the whole thing went down, it seems kind of crazy Josh would just be ok leaving after all the work he put into it.
Very excited for whatever comes next, frusciani has been going some very interesting paths musically

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One of the greatest guitarists of all time. Glad he's going to be back.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
N_2MHqgXPfc4aaCeFexRQXHyy6s=.gif

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Klinghoffer wasn't bad, but they definitely lost SO MUCH without Frusciante... I'm really excited with this.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome, but the sound and style of the band has changed so much apart from Frusciante so I'm not putting too much stock in it. Would be incredible if we got one or two more fantastic RCHP albums.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Josh everyday since being a part of the group was probably worried about this. Everyone knew this was a possibility. It's not like they split over bad terms.

Isn't Josh one of John's best friends? Also, Josh will probably still tour with them like he did during the SA days

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
This is the best thing I have read in years. I'm gonna miss Josh though, he was a great replacement. Is this real? I can't believe this is actually happening.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
As it was, so shall it be. But we might get some good music out of it in the meantime.

yeah. Frusciante is incredibly talented so hopefully his return to the band makes them take another creative leap forward.

Now it's time for Dream Theater to fire Mike Mangini to make room for Mike Portnoy.

I think this is going to happen one day. When they decide to retire, I'm sure they'll bring back Portnoy to do one final album + tour and then that's it.

in any case I think DT's discography post-SDOIT is mediocre as fuck with a couple of highlights, and I wasn't a fan of Portnoy being so control freak-ish by that time. Doesn't help that most of the band's output *after* his departure has also been mediocre/inoffensive, except for that hilariously overwrought blunder called The Astonishing

I really enjoyed their latest album, however. Felt like they were enjoying writing songs as a band again.

Oct 25, 2017
in any case I think DT's discography post-SDOIT is mediocre as fuck with a couple of highlights, and I wasn't a fan of Portnoy being so control freak-ish by that time. Doesn't help that most of the band's output *after* his departure has also been mediocre/inoffensive, except for that hilariously overwrought blunder called The Astonishing

I really enjoyed their latest album, however. Felt like they were enjoying writing songs as a band again.
Pretty much feel the same way as you about Dream Theater but man, their new album was surprisingly solid after a slew of mediocre albums.

Oct 27, 2017
yeah. Frusciante is incredibly talented so hopefully his return to the band makes them take another creative leap forward.

I think this is going to happen one day. When they decide to retire, I'm sure they'll bring back Portnoy to do one final album + tour and then that's it.

Images and Words is pretty much the only DT album I care to listen to now.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap! This is great news.

I saw them 2 years ago, and they were excellent. This news makes me want to see them again.