• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reminds me of Dutch cartoon Purno de Purno, which as the name suggests is pretty NSWF, lol. This aired on regular public TV when I was a kid, so ~20 years ago during the day inbetween the news for kids and some other kids shows. It's filled with dicks, tits, suggestive jokes and it's kind of like an LSD trip, but this show was the talk of the day at school everytime a new episode aired.

edit: Just looked it up and this aired from 1989 til 2007.

What about Theo and Thea? That was shocking to me at the time.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
This is actually interesting, because it shines a light on how much more sexualized and taboo the female body has become compared to the male body. Sure, this kids show is obviously controversial, but I suspect that a version of it with a woman instead would never even be made. It's far more accepted to joke around with the male body and treat it as a gag rather than something explicitly sexual. And to be clear, I think it's a good thing being allowed to have that distance to your body. I can only imagine how hard it must be going through puberty with a female body, and how objectifying that must feel at times.

That said, I'm not even sure what the female equivalent of the show would be, and I think I'll leave it for someone else to pitch.
I agree.

And I have a pitch of sorts. The women's massive vagina can be used as essentially a Bag of Holding where the joke is the crazy stuff she can pull out of there. And it can be used as a parachute or housing.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
71788.png

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that different than Crayon Shin-chan doing the penis dance.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This is actually interesting, because it shines a light on how much more sexualized and taboo the female body has become compared to the male body. Sure, this kids show is obviously controversial, but I suspect that a version of it with a woman instead would never even be made. It's far more accepted to joke around with the male body and treat it as a gag rather than something explicitly sexual. And to be clear, I think it's a good thing being allowed to have that distance to your body. I can only imagine how hard it must be going through puberty with a female body, and how objectifying that must feel at times.

That said, I'm not even sure what the female equivalent of the show would be, and I think I'll leave it for someone else to pitch.

I don't think it's "become" that. Penises are just inherently funny.

OP
OP
apocat

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's "become" that. Penises are just inherently funny.

Most body parts can be funny, even though I do admit penises are perhaps the most ridiculous ones. I'm talking more about how female bodies are more taboo and sexualized than male, and both those things are absolutely something that comes from culture.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

youtu.be

The Ballad of Peniston

Provided to YouTube by TuneCoreThe Ballad of Peniston · rathergood.comRathergood Songs℗ 2014 rathergood.comReleased on: 2007-11-19Auto-generated by YouTube.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of Dutch cartoon Purno de Purno, which as the name suggests is pretty NSWF, lol. This aired on regular public TV when I was a kid, so ~20 years ago during the day inbetween the news for kids and some other kids shows. It's filled with dicks, tits, suggestive jokes and it's kind of like an LSD trip, but this show was the talk of the day at school everytime a new episode aired.

CDi Shin Megami Tensei

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
www.youtube.com

John Dillermand [ENGLISH SUBTITLES]

John i Zoologisk have / John goes to the ZooA controversial Danish animation show about John Dillermand, a guy who often gets in trouble because of his long ...

Here's one with subtitles.

The cartoon has been airing on a Danish TV channel for kids below the age of 7 since the start of the new year, so it's been a controversial topic these past few days here.

Hah, that was pretty funny actually. They had him fight a lion with it and steal some ice cream. As for a kids show, I'm not so sure it works though. I'm not sure if kids should taking cues from a mischievous penis. Feels like it's just asking for some misunderstanding where a kid starts using his inappropriately and well it'll just snow ball from there. Poor John though. He can't catch a break with ornery thing.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

that stuff is still brilliant if you ask me. Some of it is really uhhh... out there.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A Danish children's television series about a man with the world's longest penis is causing controversy online in the small Scandinavian nation of six million.

The animated series "John Dillermand" premiered this Saturday on DR Ramasjang, the publicly funded children's channel comparable to PBS Kids in the United States. The show follows Dillermand as his excessively long dick gets him into—and in some cases out of—various precarious situations. In one episode, Dillermand uses his handy "instrument" as a dog leash, while in another, according to the synopsis, his almost snake-like (and for some reason candy-stripped?) penis apparently causes some trouble at the zoo—one can only imagine what.

Danes have reacted to the show with a mix of praise and horror.
"Someone has to draw the line with the new John D series," one person wrote on the DR Ramasjang Facebook page. "I have non idea what you all were thinking in a time of metoo. And with all the frightening cases of pedophila that exist! Should kids learn that it's fun playing with a dick? That it's just a funny thing that can fly around attached to balloons and other weird things? [...] I think it's grotesque."

www.vice.com

Parents Are Outraged by a Kids' Show About a Very Long Penis

The public Danish broadcaster producing the show claims that it’s meant to explore the body in a fun and embarrassing way.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Seth Green once wrote a comicbook about a character that looked like him that had a 6 foot long indestructible penis

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao the song is catchy af

" Dillerman, dillerman he has the world's largest diller."

I'm sure uncle shrimp would make you guys uncomfortable too. Danes are pretty comfortable with body humor.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
They compared it to airing on pbs. The age range for children's PBS is like 7 more or less I think.

This is like some adult swim garbage in the US. To be clear, the unfunny adult swim stuff of which there is a LOT.

I wouldn't want my kids of age 7 watching a show about what I perceive to be a layered joke. If I had a little girl I'd want her to get a concrete understanding of what a penis is and its function before watching shows about dick jokes.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Everything about this is a fucking nightmare.

The subject matter, the animation style, everything.

A nightmare.

But in saying that it is very on brand for Denmark so there's that.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
If I had a show like this as a kid, I wouldn't have felt like such a freak. Pretty cool.

/s

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Lmao the song is catchy af

" Dillerman, dillerman he has the world's largest diller."

I'm sure uncle shrimp would make you guys uncomfortable too. Danes are pretty comfortable with body humor.
Uncle Shrimp took on Google and won.

Because wanting to fight ninjas and eating licorice pipes was just too much for Google's Kids content. So they blocked the app. A week later, it was back, with the ninja fighting and candy eating intact.

Also DR gave Google a fantastic zinger along the way: "As if YOU could teach us ANYTHING about making good kids' content."

OP
OP
apocat

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I only just now realized that he's draped his pee-pee in the colours of the danish flag. There are so many layers to this.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am waking up with the biggest feeling of deja vu between this thread and the one with the eggs. I swear I lived this resetera day before

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
It has become quite popular in Denmark, even has bakeries selling and gifting John Dillermand cakes.

tjk2vMV.jpg