• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
ViewerAnon just tweeted out some new spoilery info:

"I've said over the last few weeks that HALLOWEEN ENDS is divisive. One of the big reasons why is there's a new lead: his name is Corey, he's played by Rohan Campbell, and by all accounts his role is bigger than both Laurie and Allyson. He's the glue holding the movie together."

"Michael is less important than he's been in any other non-HALLOWEEN III movie in the franchise. It's not a Michael Myers vs. Laurie Strode movie, even if they sell it like that."

"I would forget the ending of HALLOWEEN KILLS because I've heard repeatedly, since they started showing it internally, that it doesn't line up with it at all. Multiple people have told me it feels like this is actually DGG's HALLOWEEN 4 and we just never got to see 3."

"It's more along the lines of Michael disappeared after KILLS and the town never got any closure, and how they deal with the anger of that."

"I asked a couple people about the title and they told me it's a big thing that could fuck this movie. It creates certain expectations the movie is intentionally steering away from."

Also confirms that the radio tower/Michael dying early rumours are 100% untrue

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
If any of that turns out to be true, it sounds like it's taking bigger swings to challenge the formula than KILLS did... which also, when you think about it, works for KILLS too in retrospect by further buoying the intent of that being Michael's movie.

I remain optimistic despite not liking KILLS all that much.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Halloween Kills truther, love the combo of insane kills and the absolute dumbest guys in the world convincing themselves they are the only ones who can stop it. Really well shot too. Not better than 2018 overall, but a really weird and fun movie that feels very Danny McBride and DGG

Someday the rest of you will understand.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017

"I've said over the last few weeks that HALLOWEEN ENDS is divisive. One of the big reasons why is there's a new lead: his name is Corey, he's played by Rohan Campbell, and by all accounts his role is bigger than both Laurie and Allyson. He's the glue holding the movie together."

"Michael is less important than he's been in any other non-HALLOWEEN III movie in the franchise. It's not a Michael Myers vs. Laurie Strode movie, even if they sell it like that."

"I would forget the ending of HALLOWEEN KILLS because I've heard repeatedly, since they started showing it internally, that it doesn't line up with it at all. Multiple people have told me it feels like this is actually DGG's HALLOWEEN 4 and we just never got to see 3."

"It's more along the lines of Michael disappeared after KILLS and the town never got any closure, and how they deal with the anger of that."

"I asked a couple people about the title and they told me it's a big thing that could fuck this movie. It creates certain expectations the movie is intentionally steering away from."

Execution is everything, but this sounds awful.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
"It's more along the lines of Michael disappeared after KILLS and the town never got any closure, and how they deal with the anger of that." seems exactly the kind of thing that will sound more interesting on paper than on screen lol

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a Halloween Kills truther, love the combo of insane kills and the absolute dumbest guys in the world convincing themselves they are the only ones who can stop it. Really well shot too. Not better than 2018 overall, but a really weird and fun movie that feels very Danny McBride and DGG

I want to believe. But I simply cannot.

I'm a big fan of Halloween and have a high tolerance for dumb stuff, but man Halloween Kills was such a letdown. Felt like one of the many soulless straight to streaming horror sequels they pump out these days

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil

I'm 100% with you.

Oct 30, 2017

Does Corey just emulate Michael until the very end when Michael comes back ready to check Corey and his nonsense?

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck it, I'll keep my mind open. It's Halloween 13, if they got inspired by a particular direction then they should explore it. Just don't bungle the execution DGG.

Worst case scenario, we're still gonna get a LIT Carpenter soundtrack.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, I'll keep my mind open. It's Halloween 13, if they got inspired by a particular direction then they should explore it. Just don't bungle the execution DGG.

Worst case scenario, we're still gonna get a LIT Carpenter soundtrack.

This is still going to be better than H2, H4, H5, H6, H20, Resurrection and both Zombie Halloweens so I'm still excited d.

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
i am super excited, i loved Kills and 2018. the cinematography in Kills was fabulous and michael is terrifying as always. i will be there for Ends, day one.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I mean I think the biggest problem for Horror franchises is they aren't allowed to experiment.
And any time they do they get lambasted for being different. (Halloween 3 and Nightmare 2 come to immediate mind)

All the while horror fans complain "Why don't they ever do anything fresh or new with these franchises"

If they have some knew ideas and it is a good story, I'm all for it.

And based on the leak, it sounds interesting. I just hope they don't market it wrong creating the wrong expectations.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I mean I think the biggest problem for Horror franchises is they aren't allowed to experiment.
And any time they do they get lambasted for being different. (Halloween 3 and Nightmare 2 come to immediate mind)

All the while horror fans complain "Why don't they ever do anything fresh or new with these franchises"

If they have some knew ideas and it is a good story, I'm all for it.

And based on the leak, it sounds interesting. I just hope they don't market it wrong creating the wrong expectations.

They will 100% market it wrong and set the wrong expectations. The title alone is gonna make people think it's something it seemingly isn't.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
There has not been one single thing leaked/rumored that I have thought "Oh boy this seems like a great time to do that!" This is supposed to be the closing chapter of a trilogy… you build up Hawkins, have Lindsey Wallace survive, and you were getting ready to make Allyson the new final girl…. Annnnddddd literally everything ViewerAnon tweeted/replied to today blew that to bits.

Want to reboot/spin off this way? Sure. I'm game. For a closing chapter to a trilogy….? Yea no

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

This is one of those it's going to be really good or bad type of spoilers

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Want to reboot/spin off this way? Sure. I'm game. For a closing chapter to a trilogy….? Yea no

I think this is exactly why a LOT of people are going to be pissed if this all holds true. This felt like a "one last ride" movie that turned into a trilogy that it sounds like is going down a totally different road at the end.

We'll see how it goes. I am intrigued. But, sounds odd for a finale.

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
theoretically there's something really interesting about a finale that's like "sorry sometimes horrible things happen that aren't part of some grand, easily digestible narrative, sometimes you don't get closure and sometimes you never regain your sense of peace" but it feels like a weirdly understated follow up to halloween kills being so over the top

(though otoh i guess perhaps it does fit with the characters in kills wanting a big climatic moment against the boogeyman to neat;y wrap up the narrative and then... not getting it)

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not crazy about what I've read so far, but maybe the execution will be solid. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, however.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
i think it's kind of cute that we're all here theorizing what halloween ends will mean for the future of the franchise as if the powers that be aren't above saying "yeah no that movie never happened"

I dunno are you suggesting they'd do another film branching off an earlier sequel?

That seems pretty far fetched for the Halloween franchise

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022

therearedozensofus.gif

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2018 is great, Kills is great, and Ends sounds great too. These leaks sound awesome.

Gimme dat trailer tomorrow! Only 3 months from release!

Oct 27, 2017

The part about alignment is bizarre. That could mean range of things and almost all of them are not what you'd think of as positives for a final chapter.

I don't know, Kills kind of huffed it's own farts and was both extremely blunt and stupid and also somehow quite pretentious for a slasher movie, which was bizarre to me after how perfectly executed 2018 was. I like depth and themes to horror movies but For me that was just an example of one falling on its face at pretty much every opportunity. I like DGG and McBride's comedy work which hits some bizarre shifts in tones as well but Kills was bad. I'm certainly down for experimentation and just kind of playing with things for a franchise I don't have much faith in them sticking the landing.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing in those leaks has me worried. It's all out of context anyway so things are always most likely going to sound or appear worse without any nuance.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The part about alignment is bizarre. That could mean range of things and almost all of them are not what you'd think of as positives for a final chapter.

I don't know, Kills kind of huffed it's own farts and was both extremely blunt and stupid and also somehow quite pretentious for a slasher movie, which was bizarre to me after how perfectly executed 2018 was. I like depth and themes to horror movies but For me that was just an example of one falling on its face at pretty much every opportunity. I like DGG and McBride's comedy work which hits some bizarre shifts in tones as well but Kills was bad. I'm certainly down for experimentation and just kind of playing with things for a franchise I don't have much faith in them sticking the landing.

I think the concept of it was great, just the execution has so many stumbles. Lot of awkward scripting really dragged it down.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing in those leaks has me worried. It's all out of context anyway so things are always most likely going to sound or appear worse without any nuance.

Right. Out of context, all we know is that it's not sticking to formula, which is enough to alternate a good portion of the fan base. That being said, screw em lol. At the least, I can appreciate that the creative team is trying to explore new avenues. I don't have much faith in them pulling it off, but that's just from the fallout of my reception to Kills. If it turns out it's a dumpster fire, I'll still appreciate the attempt. The intent behind this movie here is enough to get me cautiously excited.

They're shooting the moon, which only has two possible outcomes. I'll take that any day before some journeyman filmmaker's interpretation of the same old bullshit or some generic stuntman once again slowly lumbering towards yet another new family member of the Myers' clan.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Yup. I love everything in Kills conceptually. But not the execution of much of it.

That's me as well. I love the idea behind it. Green dropped the ball on bringing it to screen. The script is flawed, some parts worse than others, but it read better than it played. Especially with that dialogue somehow becoming worse over time. I remember thinking the ending was brilliant when I read it, but then when I saw it (even the alternate ending which is true to the script) it was just bizarre and lackluster.

Hell, they might not even touch on the supernatural aspect again knowing how they like to change their mind and from seeing comments from Green.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Right. Out of context, all we know is that it's not sticking to formula, which is enough to alternate a good portion of the fan base. That being said, screw em lol. At the least, I can appreciate that the creative team is trying to explore new avenues. I don't have much faith in them pulling it off, but that's just from the fallout of my reception to Kills. If it turns out it's a dumpster fire, I'll still appreciate the attempt. The intent behind this movie here is enough to get me cautiously excited.

They're shooting the moon, which only has two possible outcomes. I'll take that any day before some journeyman filmmaker's interpretation of the same old bullshit or some generic stuntman once again slowly lumbering towards yet another new family member of the Myers' clan.

For sure, I feel the same way. And I know it's a slasher movie franchise, there are expectations and all, but I can't imagine DGG et all just want to keep doing the same routine. That's not the kind of filmmaker he is, not with such an eclectic history of such different films and TVs, as well as respective genres.

Could all end up being a huge misfire for all we know but, weirdly, at this point I think I'm more hyped for this after hearing Carpenter call it a departure than I was for Kills.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

Right there with you.

It's not a perfect film. It's not a thinking man's film. It's not a lot of things. But it is a damn fine ride and enjoyable slasher. I enjoyed it on release, and I enjoy it now.

That's me as well. I love the idea behind it. Green dropped the ball on bringing it to screen. The script is flawed, some parts worse than others, but it read better than it played. Especially with that dialogue somehow becoming worse over time. I remember thinking the ending was brilliant when I read it, but then when I saw it (even the alternate ending which is true to the script) it was just bizarre and lackluster.

Hell, they might not even touch on the supernatural aspect again knowing how they like to change their mind and from seeing comments from Green.

Alternate ending?