• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
Halloween 2018 was incredible and H kills was terrible, I cannot believe how bad it was I almost stopped watching it. I hope this is a return to form.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the rumors I've read…I'll just run them down…

- Michael dies in the first act of the movie

- Silver Shamrock and the radio tower in Haddonfield are involved, possibly directly linked to Michael's killing spree

- There's some kind of cult in the movie (not Thorn) that are linked to Michael

- Glass Hill (the asylum Sartain references in H18) is heavily involved, there's a "prominent death" that takes place either in it or around it

- The Myers house is barely in the movie and only towards the beginning

- Some of the ideas in Ends are riffed from the original H4 script…Haddonfield is run down and half the town is gone, the other half are in shock/denial about what happened. The movie deals with more of the supernatural aspect of Michael and his "legend".

Again these are all rumors so who knows…there's a lot making the rounds in the Halloween community though.
Please let this stuff be true.

Oct 30, 2017
Well I've read 2 different theories…

1. What you mention and the radio tower emits a pattern that sends him into a frenzy at different times but always on Halloween (hence his irregular pattern and why there's a 4 year time jump)

2. This one is batshit lol…he's a Silver Shamrock cyborg (this one is looney tones)

I've read a few fan theories too that the mask is a Silver Shamrock mask and what feeds him…hence why he always needs it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
1 is too easy
2 is batshit and so far fetched that I want it to happen

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Tommy, a Halloween Story.

This also leads directly into the Friday the 13th reboot.

alienMask_part4.jpg

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I really liked H18 for how it handled its main character and central theme of trauma.

HKills was a mindless slog with some of the worst character writing and dialogue I've heard in a long time.

I'm relieved to hear HEnds might be something different.

Elry09

Nov 11, 2017
The last ten minutes of Kills really killed any excitement I had for this movie

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I recently rewatched 2018 and Kills since I am curious about Ends and I am a fan of the series.

2018 is still a good Halloween movie but Kills was awful. The concept was cool but it was completely soured by the terrible acting and the script. Kills felt like it was made by someone else entirely. One of the worst in the series for me.

I have seen some of the Ends rumors and it doesn't sound too great. I get that money talks but they should have ended this with the 2018 sequel.

Kills was so surprising because DGG was insistent about maintaining what makes Halloween great and then he went ahead and made one that contradicts that completely.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
After Kills was all like "have we stopped to consider that the real monster is cancel culture?" I couldn't help but feel like they missed an opportunity to simply turn Halloween into the anthology series it was originally intended as.

Michael isn't beyond redemption yet. Let's make him the hero!

It's an honor to speak with you, Mr. Álvarez.

OP
OP
Jerm411

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
One of the ideas I had in my mind before we knew anything about Halloween 18 was actually involving the "true crime" phenomena and podcasters…

Basically Michael was nowhere to be found and had become an urban legend…a group of podcasters are tracking down "sightings" of him around the country and investigating murders that they were trying to link to him.

So he had become like Bigfoot but then they actually run into him and well the rest is history…I envisioned a mockumentary/found footage type of movie.

They kinda went there at least in the beginning of H18 but not enough…a lot of potential for different ideas in this universe.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Kills is one of the worst things I've had the displeasure of watching. These movies do not need (bad) social commentary on mental illness and mob violence. It also suffers from one of the worst cases of "middle movie" ever by keeping Laurie in a hospital and flirting with the sheriff or whatever.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
One of the ideas I had in my mind before we knew anything about Halloween 18 was actually involving the "true crime" phenomena and podcasters…

Basically Michael was nowhere to be found and had become an urban legend…a group of podcasters are tracking down "sightings" of him around the country and investigating murders that they were trying to link to him.

So he had become like Bigfoot but then they actually run into him and well the rest is history…I envisioned a mockumentary/found footage type of movie.

They kinda went there at least in the beginning of H18 but not enough…a lot of potential for different ideas in this universe.
I like the idea of this - more emphasis on the interviewing / podcasting / researching and all that. 2018 was good but it can be pulled back even more to simplify.

Oct 31, 2017
I imagine that it'll essentially be the entire culture consumed by "Halloween", where the evil and despair goes far beyond just an isolated Michael Myers.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I think we'll be somehow entering the mind of MM through dreamwalking or something. Basically Insidious.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

cool idea but i kinda sorta feel like i've seen that movie 10 times before, i just can't place my finger on what specifically (coming off Stranger Things is a factor i admit)

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I was thinking a few days ago that it's odd that we haven't seen a trailer yet, October is coming up real quick.

Like most people, I really enjoyed Halloween and thought Kills was... not great, to say the least. I'm hoping this ends up being more the former than the latter.

I was sure they'd at least do a teaser with the Black Phone.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
I'm obviously in the minority cause I really liked Kills, 18 was great too so I'm down for whatever these guys do.

Oct 27, 2017
Kills was a fucking mess. No hope for this to turn it around.

Shame, 2018 was wonderful but it works as a stand-alone so sequel to the original there's that. The rumors that this incorporates COVID is enough to make me think it's going to be a shitshow. By all means, experiment, but it's a low bar.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
2018 was good. Kills had some good moments but then a lot of stupid clunk shit aswell but I'm still interested enough to see what this one turns out like.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if y'all heard.........but evil dies tonight!

Anyway, after Kills, can't say I'm really looking forward to this. Will probably wait til it hits streaming

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After the disappointing Halloween 2018 and the abysmal Kills... man....... I'm not looking forward to this one

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've heard loads of differing "leaks" about this and all of them were wild. We'll see what winds up coming true, but I'm excited nonetheless. I'm one of the few that loves Kills so I'm totally on board.
Kills was a fucking mess. No hope for this to turn it around.

Shame, 2018 was wonderful but it works as a stand-alone so sequel to the original there's that. The rumors that this incorporates COVID is enough to make me think it's going to be a shitshow. By all means, experiment, but it's a low bar.
I can confirm 100% that there's no COVID in this.

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard loads of differing "leaks" about this and all of them were wild. We'll see what winds up coming true, but I'm excited nonetheless. I'm one of the few that loves Kills so I'm totally on board.

I can confirm 100% that there's no COVID in this.
That's good to know at least, I don't really mind some of the more outlandish leaks honestly, but I never liked the thought that this was supposed to somehow tie into the pandemic. I'm not even sure if that was anything more than just some random rumor but I recall it coming up around the time that they announced they were no longer shooting them back to back.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
That's good to know at least, I don't really mind some of the more outlandish leaks honestly, but I never liked the thought that this was supposed to somehow tie into the pandemic. I'm not even sure if that was anything more than just some random rumor but I recall it coming up around the time that they announced they were no longer shooting them back to back.

Yeah Green said it was going to have COVID in it but I think he eventually realised that would be unwise lmao.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Kills was a mess but it left things off in an interesting place imo.

I at least admire them trying something different with each one. I'm not looking at the spoiler rumors but the idea of dealing with "The Boogeyman" as a concept removed from Michael Myers the man is kind of interesting. I believe that's somewhat similar to the original pitch for one of the older sequels.

Not sure how they square all that with the ending of Kills but I'm curious to see how it all wraps up.

Nov 21, 2017
IMO both recent Halloween movies were bad, and besides Carpenter's work as composer, the only thing I've found enjoyable between the two was how bat-shit bonkers and tonally schizophrenic Kills was. Michael killing the firefighters felt like something out of Rambo. The gay couple in the Myers house could have been a rejected SNL sketch. And the mob violence resulting in the death of an innocent man seemed straight out of some serious drama. Truly one of the weirdest films I've ever seen. Good? Absolutely not. But at least I wasn't bored.

So I'm all for them going down the rabbit hole and doing something unconventional. This trilogy is passed the point of being good anyway. Might as well make it memorably weird...

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Kills was great when it was anything with Myers. Whenever it was the townsfolk... ugh. Except big and little John.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Well I've read 2 different theories…

1. What you mention and the radio tower emits a pattern that sends him into a frenzy at different times but always on Halloween (hence his irregular pattern and why there's a 4 year time jump)

2. This one is batshit lol…he's a Silver Shamrock cyborg (this one is looney tones)

I've read a few fan theories too that the mask is a Silver Shamrock mask and what feeds him…hence why he always needs it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I would audibly laugh hysterically in the theater. To do something like this after the build up and intensity of the last two to do some kinda scooby doo level shit would be unprecidented. Say what you want about busta rymes or H5 or whatever but they aren't a direct continuation of a movie like this. That level of goofyness would be be insane.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
From what I hear:

-The cast from Scooby Doo will be involved.

-They capture Michael at the end. And when they unmask him, it turns out to be:

-Cochran from Season of the Witch!

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Not looking forward to watching this after the last one. That car kill from the last one had me rolling, just give me one kill like that please.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are way over thinking the radio tower thing. Green said Ends was an ode to Carpenter's films - Halloween 3 isn't one of them.