• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BojTrek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
User Banned (Permanent): False equivalences surrounding race
So, he hates all racism? Or only white on black racism?

His original post is fine to me... he hates racists... to me that is every racist in the world.

But... I think it should be expected to have negative responses. He turned it into one group on another group. Why does he not mention black on white racism? Why not white on Indian? And so on...

He decided to narrow down to white on black.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing these kinds of moronic takes everywhere. LeBron James is pretty vocal right now and scroll down in the comments and you see shit like "B-Bu-bUT WhAT aBoUT bLaCk oN bLaCk ViOlEnCe???"

makes me seethe

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

His original post is fine to me... he hates racists... to me that is every racist in the world.

But... I think it should be expected to have negative responses. He turned it into one group on another group. Why does he not mention black on white racism? Why not white on Indian? And so on...

"When is international men's day?!?!"

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

if you don't shut the fuck up

Deleted member 25834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Concern trolling about racism
"When is international men's day?!?!"
Nah, I'm going to have to disagree with you here.

He said that he hates racists and someone responded telling him about their experience, only to be shut down by him. That's kind of fucked up.

I get what he's trying to say, but that response from him was a bit uncalled for considering his initial message wasn't as clear as his responses.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018

Why should he? He's not white, or Indian, or Chinese, or whatever. He has no experience with how others experience racism and probably wouldn't be speaking out about it.

If you want to start a dialogue about "blank" on White racism, be prepared for it to be a very brief and pointless dialogue.

Deleted member 14192

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Star wars worse than racism
00959yertb151.jpg

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
#NotallRacists
#HatetheracismNottheracist
#Hateisntinmyvocab
#FightHatewithLove
#HateisthewayoftheSith

Anyone ITT doing the 'I'm not defending racist people but..." yet?

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I mean, that second tweet reply I could understand if Boyega said something extreme like "Anyone racist should be shot in the head." But pearl clutching over saying "hate" is something else.

"As a Nigerian male who is totally from Nigeria and had a Nigerian wife also from Nigeria, racism isn't real and if it is it's equally as bad for white people who I, a Nigerian male, feel bad for"

Hey, that guy is most likely a prince who's just having a hard time sharing his cash. Leave him alone!

:P

Jun 22, 2019

tptasOng.jpg

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

But... I think it should be expected to have negative responses. He turned it into one group on another group. Why does he not mention black

What white man was killed by a knee to the neck from a cop recently? What white man had the cops called on him by a black woman for bird watching recently?

Jesus Christ be better.

BojTrek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Why should he? He's not white, or Indian, or Chinese, or whatever. He has no experience with how others experience racism and probably wouldn't be speaking out about it.

If you want to start a dialogue about "blank" on White racism, be prepared for it to be a very brief and pointless dialogue.
Sorry if my original response was naive...

So being white... I can only talk about racism if it's against a white person? Because that's my only experience with racism?

Why can't I hate it if a white cop kneels on a black persons neck? As I saw that action as a form of racism.

Why can't I hate it if a black young adult punched the shit out of an old white dude at some nursing home? As I saw that action as a form of racism.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017

I think it's fairly obvious why and he explains it, in the tweet that's in the OP.

Oct 27, 2017

My friend be quiet

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Sorry if my original response was naive...

So being white... I can only talk about racism if it's against a white person? Because that's my only experience with racism?

Why can't I hate it if a white cop kneels on a black persons neck? As I saw that action as a form of racism.

Why can't I hate it if a black young adult punched the shit out of an old white dude at some nursing home? As I saw that action as a form of racism.

Why does this only come up in discussions where the topic is clearly white on Black racism?

Ask yourself what the actual intent of these tactics are.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Opinions like there are really not very uncommon in non-white countries where people have not had to deal with much white-on-black racism in their day-to-day lives. It's a bit naive, but it comes simply from a lack of exposure to the topic, just as I would not expect your average American to have a good handle on caste discourse in India.

Boyega has every right to go off on them naturally, and I support his stance rather than theirs, but the posters in this thread implying that a black avatar saying these things must be a Russian bot is some disappointing shit and seems to reek of the sentiment that Africans cannot possibly use the Internet to have a different discourse on racism than what Westerners are used to.
Did...did you miss apartheid South Africa? Do you know about the racial tension currently happening there right now between white and black south africans? A black man was recently kidnapped and buried alive in a fucking coffin, and he only survived because the dumb fucks recorded a video of it. JFC, racism isn't only localized to the US, and in any case is bullshit since they keep up with world news.

Even Nigeria has its fair share of racism, particularly tourists in Legos.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Right, that dreaded black on white racism where black people call the cops on a regular basis for inane shit white people do like walking in a park or going to the gym.

Oct 25, 2017
These are probably actually Russian bots lmao. It's always some African name claiming to be friends with white people.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Boyega is a national treasure here in the UK. He doesn't mince words, he gets to the point and I like that, and what he says in his tweets are correct and if anyone says otherwise they are talking crap, end of story.

Oct 25, 2017
White dudes clearly pretending to be people from other races to excuse racism or play whataboutism about "racism against white people" is so fucking gross.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Good on him. Shouldn't be a controversial statement, but here we are...in a time where the president of the United States can't even say Nazis are bad.

Deleted member 46489

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Hate rape, not the rapist. Hate murder, not the murderer. Hate anti-semitism, not Hitler. Hate racism, not the white cop who kneed an innocent black man in the neck until he choked to death. Makes complete sense.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this sounds utterlly noncontroversial, so of course some people had to get up in their feelings about it.

Oct 27, 2017
I do think it must be hard having any kind of celebrity and you say something like this and you have kooks pop up out of the woodworks arguing with you. I commend john for goin on IG and setting them all straight