• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any president in like the last 50 years who's had as many former cabinet officials say they will vote for his opponent in the election than Trump?

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'll take this as a tiny win, as it hurts Trump, but Bolton is a scumbag and if I read his book it won't be by paying for it.

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
For all the smack talk of Bolton (well deserved, should be worse), he comes across as credible in this interview. Maybe that matters to some on the right. I hope.

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
For all the smack talk of Bolton (well deserved, should be worse), he comes across as credible in this interview. Maybe that matters to some on the right. I hope.
I'm too old with too good of a memory to give this asshole any benefit of the doubt as far as motives go. I believe that Trump is every bit of a moron and shithead that he claims, but I also believe he's only coming out to say it because he didn't get to bomb someone.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

Makes sense. Why would he let his evil cabal of friends roast him at the country club by reminding him that he once voted for a democrat.

Bolton: Hey I'm all for invading and carpet bombing Iran, but perhaps we should have some sort of a plan this time around

GOP Friends: Pfft! Don't tell us you're getting soft just because you voted for Biden, hah.

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about this, is that the same group of people who weren't going to vote anyways will use this as some abstract reason to continue to not vote for Biden

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I'm too old with too good of a memory to give this asshole any benefit of the doubt as far as motives go. I believe that Trump is every bit of a moron and shithead that he claims, but I also believe he's only coming out to say it because he didn't get to bomb someone.
100%. This is all vendetta. But he speaks in full sentences, and yesterday Trump talked for 10 minutes about shoe soles. I hate Bolton, but the optics here are pretty good, I'd think.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
A sexual predator or an alt-right chud.

Our choices get worse every election lol.
We don't believe the women who have come forward now? What.

weird how different your stance is on this in only 20 posts

I hope the women involved have gotten the help they need from counseling. Hurts my soul that this still happens. Has this been taken to the police yet though? Forgive me if it has already but I feel like this 'trial by media' isn't the best way to go about these things any more. If even one innocent person gets caught in the crossfire that's one person too much.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
John Bolton is a piece of shit war criminal whose main issue with Trump is that he didn't let him kill enough people.
Fuck him, fuck his endorsement, and fuck what he has to say about anything.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, compelling stuff. Next tell me who David Duke and David Rumsfeld are voting for because their opinions matter, too.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Bolton bad? Didn't he reveal what an ass Trump is? I don't live in the States so haven't been following it much

So, most if not all conservatives enjoy long, protracted invasions of countries with lots of resources (even though ultimately that's not even a dealbreaker; Venezuela has super shitty oil services and basically nothing else of value to the US, but some of these guys want war there too), but Bolton is a cut above the rest. Guys like Dubya had a longstanding grudge against Saddam for trying to kill his daddy, which is petty and immoral but somewhat related to something human beings feel. Bolton, however, wants nothing* more than to turn the entire Middle East to glass. He sees himself as a modern day crusader; not even the whitewashed, phony, heroic version, but the brutal, anti-Muslim, genocidal kind.

*I do genuinely mean nothing too. He has never once expressed anything else remotely resembling a policy goal or preference. Just "kill the Muslims."