• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gunman

Aug 19, 2020
Shout-out too to the unofficial Batman film of the 90s.

Shadowpost.jpg

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Masterpiece and 90's Batman movie don't go together.

it's a bad movie from start to finish.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
It's the most accurate depiction of Batman in a movie. Even his trauma takes centre stage, which you wouldn't expect for a toy commercial. There are just great moments - Bruce Wayne standing up and declaring he's Batman at the circus not wanting to see another family hurt sticks out to me.

It's visually spectacular at times. There are some shots that still stick with me. You have half of the Statue of Liberty stand-in's face engulfed in flames after Two-Face's helicopter crashes into it, Batman under water, Batman crashing through the glass skylight, or running out of flames.

The music is also great. I can remember moments of the music vividly, from the main theme to the music that plays during the climax.

200.gif

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Don't talk down upon the IT'S BOILING ACID actor. He's got a solid list of movie credits

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Grifasi

The Deer Hunter
Splash
Brewter's Millions
Moonstruck
34 1/3rd of the combined Naked Gun movies
Beaches
The Hudsucker Proxy
The Goddamn Money Train

Now, fuck that Batman EEEEehhhhhhhhhhhhhh guy, forever. Batman Forever.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
It is my favourite Batman film alongside Begins. I would watch those two over all the others by a long way.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017

I don't generally love HiTop Films' videos, and I certainly wouldn't go as far as the title of this one. There are some real flaws and crazy decisions when it comes to Batman Forever (*COUGHTWOFACECOUGH*). But I have always maintained that, unlike Batman & Robin, Batman Forever is a good film stuck inside of a bad film.

(Also, I may be a bit biased towards this video as I have said since high school and continue to say that Kilmer was easily the best live action Batman and only limited by the script that didn't let him show that often enough. But fuck me that "So you make the kill" scene is still the best performance anyone has had as Bruce Wayne on screen and the only portrayal of the character that out does it is Ace's final moments in Justice League.)

Yea that scene had the same vibe as Conroy in a heated back and forth with Robin in the Gotham Knights seasons of BTAS. I'll (likewise) always give Kilmer his due there.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this movie. Even I, a 10 old child, realized it was garbage while watching it at the cinema. The only good thing about it was the U2 song. Ah, yes. That and Drew Barrymore's "role".

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
There are pieces of it that could've added up to more, but the movie as a whole doesn't work.

But to be fair, I don't think any of the early Batman movies really work beyond 89.

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
That was a great video in the OP and I loved hearing more about this film as I always had a soft spot for it.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
No it is not misunderstood this meme of taking any old bad media and trying to make it a masterpiece as the uncovered gem is very tiring.

the movie is a piece of shit and hurts to watch.