• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
One of my favorite things about YouTube is its incredible, vibrant game music cover community. Today I noticed YouTuber FamilyJules released a metal cover (which is his thing, check out his channel if you like it) of FE3H's God Shattering Star featuring no other than Joe Zieja, Claude's voice actor, on vocals. Turns out Joe is incredibly talented at singing too? Thought I'd share, I can imagine some people will find it neat at the very least:

Have a good day Era :)

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
Amazing. I've been waiting for Jules to cover this for a long time. He has the best Three Houses covers. Getting Claude himself to sing it is incredible icing on the cake.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Never heard of the original but that's a very polished cover.

Kinda sounds like Sabaton
which means I must dock points
just kidding
or am I

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy. Shit.

One of my favorite things about FE3H is the community of voice actors. So many of them participating in memes, fanart, streaming the game, etc. This might top everything though.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Never played 3 houses but he sounds like the lead singer in Killswitch engage lol. Nice. That guitarist is killing it tho dayum.

OP
OP
Fireblend

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Never played 3 houses but he sounds like the lead singer in Killswitch engage lol. Nice. That guitarist is killing it tho dayum.
Yeah, obviously Joe's inclusion pushed me into making the thread, but FamilyJules is ridiculously talented, all of his covers are a treat and make my day whenever I notice there's a new one out. He makes covers of some really obscure games too which I appreciate.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jules slammin' out amazing covers as always. Joe doing the vocal was a surprise though! Just fantastic.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I watched this during their stream and the chat was freaking out. Pretty sure Joe said he has zero experience with this type of singing.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This was pretty great.

Twilight of the Gods is still a more hype song though.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Joe Zieja is incredibly talented in acting, athletics, music, and has a top notch personality and an all around super nice guy. Also incredibly handsome but I digress...

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Jules is great, y'all should check his Octopath Traveler album, it is amazing. Also, for folks that don't know, he is the guitarrist in Cadence of Hyrule too!

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
FamilyJules is awesome, I've been following him for years and he has countless fantastic arrangements:

He got into Cadence of Hyrule and I am soooo fucking happy for him

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah dude, I love when there's radical crossovers like this!
The community of VGM cover artists on youtube and twitch is always so wholesome and positive, one of my favorite places to hang out. I'll also recommend ToxicXEternity (heavier/dirty metal covers), InsaneInTheRainMusic (Smooth jazz), RichaadEB (extremely technical guitar covers), SixteenInMono (Probably the most impressive arrangements IMO in a metal-ish style), Adrisaurus (vocal covers, she also did the vocals for VA-11 HALL-A), and many more. Many of them live stream either arrangements, live performances, or other fun things, so check them out!

OP
OP
Fireblend

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Hell yeah dude, I love when there's radical crossovers like this!
The community of VGM cover artists on youtube and twitch is always so wholesome and positive, one of my favorite places to hang out. I'll also recommend ToxicXEternity (heavier/dirty metal covers), InsaneInTheRainMusic (Smooth jazz), RichaadEB (extremely technical guitar covers), SixteenInMono (Probably the most impressive arrangements IMO in a metal-ish style), Adrisaurus (vocal covers, she also did the vocals for VA-11 HALL-A), and many more. Many of them live stream either arrangements, live performances, or other fun things, so check them out!
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of InsaneInTheRain and RichaadEB too. Game cover songs are like 70% of the reason I visit YouTube at all :P

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
That was great, thanks for sharing! Jules work has been fantastic, and Joe being involved is a lot of fun.

On the topic of other good metal covers and Three Houses, Mordra's covers are really good.

Last edited:

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FamilyJules is awesome, I've been following him for years and he has countless fantastic arrangements:

He got into Cadence of Hyrule and I am soooo fucking happy for him

I think I first really listened to Jules due to Crypt of the Necrodancer's FamilyJules soundtrack pack haha. Only knew the name before then from Insaneintherainmusic. But yeah, to get into the "main" soundtrack was awesome to see!