• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Every theater site is posting that 182 minute run time, but that's apparently not official yet.

https://www.fandango.com/movie-news...ve-chat-with-co-director-anthony-russo-753680

Fandango: Do you have an official runtime yet? There's been talk that it might be close to three hours.

Anthony Russo: Yeah, that is ... We don't have an official locked runtime yet. Yeah, [but] we are right at about that.

It's like Avengers: Infinity War that listed 156 minutes when tickets went on sale but it ended up being 149 minutes. So it could end up being anywhere between 178 and 182 minutes.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting to see this for free as part of a vendor meeting at my work. Food and drink, presentation then movie. I better bring the Pepto and Imodium if it's that long.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that pacing, flow and editing are things that make movies good. Not just more content equals more good.

I feel like it'll be 2 hrs 49 min.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
They have an official runtime, they just don't want to officially announce it yet for some reason. We're less than a month before release, the entire movie (credits and all) have been finished a long time ago.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm very unfamiliar with film production schedules, but is not having the official runtime done and ready 3 weeks from release normal?

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
They have an official runtime, they just don't want to officially announce it yet for some reason. We're less than a month before release, the entire movie (credits and all) have been finished a long time ago.

Not true. Credits are usually the last thing to be done due to determining who gets listed and what.

I'm very unfamiliar with film production schedules, but is not having the official runtime done and ready 3 weeks from release normal?

We didn't have a locked 149min Infinity War runtime until around April 15th last year.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Some user said here that in a MI. Fallout commentary, the director said that the runtime was not locked in and the movie was gonna premiere that friday.

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Some user said here that in a MI. Fallout commentary, the director said that the runtime was not locked in and the movie was gonna premiere that friday.

Think that's bad, Return of the King wasn't locked until about 20 minutes before the premiere. They had to walk the reels of finished film from WETA over to the theater.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Make it as long as the movie needs.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I spent an entire Saturday watching The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy, I can carve out 3 hours of my day for Avengers.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
There's gonna be 10 mid-credits scenes and 5 after-credits scenes.

MegaManX9

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
In this case I'd appreciate if they edited it down in runtime and released an extended edition later.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Theatrical Edition of Return of the King was 200 minutes to end the epic series. Totally down for all the time they want to give to properly close out this story.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I just want a good film. Infinity War is the only MCU film I've thoroughly enjoyed.