• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. Still gross. Sucks that he seems to still have a large and probably still growing audience

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I need a break from the internet, because I pointed out Rogan has millions of followers, which makes his anti-science views dangerous?

I don't even get what that means. Do I seem heated? 'Cause I assure you, I'm not. I have plenty of patience for pointing out how fucking stupid and dangerous this dipshit is.

Just go enjoy your day dude. All I'm saying.

Take care

JaiRos

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
User banned (permanent): Defending a bigot, attacking the community, account in junior phase
Dude's been trash. Completely baffles me why brogressives wanna put this man on a pedestal.

"But he squeezed an episode of Bernie in between two white nationalist episodes."

Cool cool.

If you actually listen to his show you know he leans left on most issues while also being conservative on many.

I'm going to assume most people don't listen to his podcast for him. They do it for the guests he brings on. Which if you take reseteras word for it, you'd think it's all Nazis when in fact he has way more progressives on than right wingers.

Just because you don't agree with some of his or his guests viewpoints doesn't mean he's a piece of shit.

This type of authoritarianism from the left really worries me. But I guess if you want to be part of the cool club of the high horses you need to live in your bubble with other like minded people and fuck everyone's opinion that doesn't line up with yours with no conversation.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
God, I love Bill Burr. I know he's said some kinda shitty stuff in the past but I'm on Season 3 of F is for Family now and it's surprisingly progressive. I keep expecting for him to fuck up but he seems to be a legit good dude. Fuck Joe Rogan and Joey Diaz forever.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
If you actually listen to his show you know he leans left on most issues while also being conservative on many.

I'm going to assume most people don't listen to his podcast for him. They do it for the guests he brings on. Which if you take reseteras word for it, you'd think it's all Nazis when in fact he has way more progressives on than right wingers.

Just because you don't agree with some of his or his guests viewpoints doesn't mean he's a piece of shit.

This type of authoritarianism from the left really worries me. But I guess if you want to be part of the cool club of the high horses you need to live in your bubble with other like minded people and fuck everyone's opinion that doesn't line up with yours with no conversation.

What notable progressives has he had on his show? I know if you name a random right-wing talking head (Shapiro, Crowder, Milo, Peterson, etc) he's had them on, as well as a lot of lesser known 'conservative' voices, like the 'Intellectual Dark Web' guy he had on recently. Looking through recent episodes it looks like most of his guests are conservative speakers, MMA people, and comics.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

The question I always ponder is, how many times can you do something ass hole-ish, before you are indeed an ass hole?

Again, in a time of global pandemic where an incalculable number of lives could be saved if we all simply wore masks, a massively popular celebrity telling his millions of listeners that masks are for bitches is beyond being an ass hole. Especially when studies have already shown that that line of thought us exactly why a lot of guys won't wear masks. People are going to die, because Joe Rogan told them that voice in the back of their head calling them a pussy for wearing a mask is right.

Just go enjoy your day dude. All I'm saying.

Take care

Thanks. Just got off work, finished practicing guitar. Just chilling here on the couch with the dog. Been a pretty good day.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No, stuff like him laughing at sexual assault, per the thread topic, does that.

Stuff like him being a racist ass comparing black people to "planet of the apes" does that:
www.resetera.com

Video of Joe Rogan calling black neighborhood "Planet of The Apes" and "Africa" signal boosted by Alex Jones as part of feud

Tried to be as descriptive as a I could with the title And the video

Stuff like Joe Rogan using the n-word does that:
www.resetera.com

So we gonna talk about Joe Rogan using the hard N-word?

1:10 And he spends the video defending Carl of England's racist ass rant when he used the N-word to get banned from Patreon. There's so many layers to this racist ass cake. Like, stop trying to defend this dude saying "niggers". God damn. What a warped ass moron who's determined to defend this...

Joe Rogan does a pretty good job of proving why Joe Rogan is indeed a terrible person.

Don't care about anything else about him, he's a racist ass, that should be enough by itself, and that doesn't just go away no matter what else you might bring up.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
God, I love Bill Burr. I know he's said some kinda shitty stuff in the past but I'm on Season 3 of F is for Family now and it's surprisingly progressive. I keep expecting for him to fuck up but he seems to be a legit good dude. Fuck Joe Rogan and Joey Diaz forever.

Burr also went sober recently making him even more enjoyable. Don't listen to his casts tho as I can't stand sports let alone those who ho fanboy over it although I get I was big into the star craft esports scene.

Burrs newest special is great

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Which if you take reseteras word for it
image.png

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017

This type of authoritarianism from the left really worries me.

1) Rogan has way more right wing political guests than left wing political guests — and the ones he has on are way more extreme to boot. If you disagree, cite evidence. As far as I can tell, Rogan fully deserves his reputation as someone who launders Nazism into the mainstream for money.

2) Criticism isn't "authoritarianism"; you're just being dramatic.

Oct 27, 2017
Joe seems to have this special talent of being a completely amorphous, spineless turd who will pander to the opinions or whoever's on his podcast. Which kinda says a lot about his fans. But I think regardless of whatever or "left-leaning" views he appears to have (depending on who he's talking to lol) I get the impression that he's just a dumb bigoted douche

Bill Marr does this pandering thing a lot, too

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
If you told me years ago while watching Fear Factor that the dudebro host would go on to have millions of loyal listeners and score a $100 million deal because of his "insights," I would not have believed you.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Rogan and Diaz being trash isn't much of a surprise. Burr has been a douche for a bit with the transphobic garbo he's popped into his acts.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
What notable progressives has he had on his show? I know if you name a random right-wing talking head (Shapiro, Crowder, Milo, Peterson, etc) he's had them on, as well as a lot of lesser known 'conservative' voices, like the 'Intellectual Dark Web' guy he had on recently. Looking through recent episodes it looks like most of his guests are conservative speakers, MMA people, and comics.
I think he's only had two actual leftists of note on his show that I can recall: Bernie, and Cornell West just in the last week or two.

Oct 27, 2017
Joe seems to have this special talent of being a completely amorphous, spineless turd who will pander to the opinions or whoever's on his podcast. Which kinda says a lot about his fans. But I think regardless of whatever or "left-leaning" views he appears to have (depending on who he's talking to lol) I get the impression that he's just a dumb bigoted douche

Bill Marr does this pandering thing a lot, too
I dont get what people get out of Rogan's podcast. As much of an asshole Destiny is, at least he would usually challenge the whackos that he interviewed on his channel and it would be a compelling and entertaining listen. Rogan just let these idiots get on their soapbox and talk. Its lame.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I mean, he had Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti on recently. Their news show "Rising" on The Hill's YouTube page is one of the better alternative media shows out there. Krystal is a progressive type, while Saagar is a "populist right" type and the point is to have different perspectives. Sometimes they disagree, but often they agree with slight nuance. That dynamic came through on the JRE podcast as well. It's refreshing.

As much as I'm up and down on Joe Rogan (especially with this Joey Diaz clip, which is disgusting), I think there's value in his friendly discussions with guests of all types since his podcasts reach millions of people.

Deleted member 31199

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Joey Diaz's stories about drugs alone are just mind boggling. As for Rogan, I almost feel as though he plays second banana to all his guests. He seems to laugh at everything.

With all of this going on, I am actually waiting for the proverbial guillotine to fall on him. I know he is married and doesn't he have three kids?

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, he had Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti on recently. Their news show "Rising" on The Hill's YouTube page is one of the better alternative media shows out there. Krystal is a progressive type, while Saagar is a "populist right" type and the point is to have different perspectives. Sometimes they disagree, but often they agree with slight nuance. That dynamic came through on the JRE podcast as well. It's refreshing.

As much as I'm up and down on Joe Rogan (especially with this Joey Diaz clip, which is disgusting), I think there's value in his friendly discussions with guests of all types since his podcasts reach millions of people.

I know he occasionally has more progressive guests, but the idea that they outnumber his conservative or alt-right ideas seems laughable to me, as does the idea that Rogan himself is liberal at all. He thinks drugs should be legal because he enjoys them, I'm not sure what other liberal ideas he holds. Meanwhile he seems happy to parrot pretty out-there fringe right ideas. Personally I don't hear someone say "Masks are for bitches"'and think "Wow, this guy is really providing his audience some real value."

Good on Bill Burr for calling him out.

Rogan's fans are bizarre in the same way as Trump supporters. How does anyone think this guy is touch, masculine, or whatever? He comes across as a total moron on his own show, and just sits there giggling while his guest humiliates him for his childish perspective. How do you watch this and continue thinking "This is someone whose opinions I need to hear."

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Rogan's fans are bizarre in the same way as Trump supporters. How does anyone think this guy is touch, masculine, or whatever? He comes across as a total moron on his own show, and just sits there giggling while his guest humiliates him for his childish perspective. How do you watch this and continue thinking "This is someone whose opinions I need to hear."
It's not that we want to hear Joe's opinions, but that we're all a bunch of dummies that can relate to him. Relative to his guests, anyway.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
It's not that we want to hear Joe's opinions, but that we're all a bunch of dummies that can relate to him. Relative to his guests, anyway.

Hopefully you can find a more benign relatable idiot at some point.

I don't mean for this to come across as mean, but it sounds like you're saying "I don't care what the guy has to say, but he's as dumb as me and I like that."

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
With all of this going on, I am actually waiting for the proverbial guillotine to fall on him. I know he is married and doesn't he have three kids?
Don't see this happening, unfortunately. It's not like he's an actor who needs to get roles to work. Even if Spotify pulled out, he'd go back to YouTube, a company that cares more about views than morals. It's pretty difficult to "cancel" an independent artist unless it's for something like pedophilia.... remember Shane Gillis from SNL? He has a successful podcast too and was named Comedian of the Year in 2019.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Hopefully you can find a more benign relatable idiot at some point.

I don't mean for this to come across as mean, but it sounds like you're saying "I don't care what the guy has to say, but he's as dumb as me and I like that."
Well, no. It's more like he's the layman and his guests are the ones providing the substance. When I'm listening, I take his position. I'm not there to hear what HE has to say, but what the guests have to say.

Big Red flag whenever someone mentions they listen to Joe Rogan...
He has nearly 9 millions subscribers. That's A LOT of red flags.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Well, no. It's more like he's the layman and his guests are the ones providing the substance. When I'm listening, I take his position. I'm not there to hear what HE has to say, but what the guests have to say.

You can just read the guests' actual work if you want to see what they're about. Or watch their special, their YouTube channel, whatever. I don't see why you'd watch the show unless Rogan himself was the main draw.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

He has nearly 9 millions subscribers. That's A LOT of red flags.

I mean yeah? There are alot of shitty people in the world.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same Joe Rogan that calls groups of black people "planet of the apes" and reacted to a black MMA fighter that had his heart stop during a fight by saying, "he had too much fried chicken and orange soda"? THAT Joe Rogan?

Yeah, I'm shocked...

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Joe's wrong for finding humor in this 100%. The dude is a clown for sure. But shouldn't the lead be "Joey Diaz requested sexual favors from female comedians in exchange for stage time," instead of focusing on Joe Rogan laughing? Joey Diaz isn't some nobody.
This is what Rogan does. He has guests that are dogshit and hides behind the fact that the views aren't his (he at best doesn't disagree). He enables bigotry and fascism and his audience is largely composed of incels, racists, and fascists

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody still on the fence about rogan:

1537984264903-Screen-Shot-2018-09-26-at-15024-PM.png

hes on the left there. Those names speak for themselves.

RSena7

Oct 26, 2017
I think Joe Rogan's fans think he is to his show like Jim is to the Office. Except his show is not scripted, and he chooses the guests he has on his show. Joe is not the reasonable "straight man" he and his fans think he is. I saw a clip recently where he was trying to explain to a quest the legitimacy of Obamagate and consistently has far-right guests on his show.

The thing is, I think his views are reflective by the near majority of 20-40 males in the U.S. Men who fashion themselves as "moderate" but still entertain far-right conspiracy theories and harbor "mildly" racist and sexist beliefs ready to blossom into full-blown bigotry.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I dont get what people get out of Rogan's podcast. As much of an asshole Destiny is, at least he would usually challenge the whackos that he interviewed on his channel and it would be a compelling and entertaining listen. Rogan just let these idiots get on their soapbox and talk. Its lame.
True. Regardless of some of the problematic shit Destiny says, at least his content has substance.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Its so sad how much of an idiot schaub has become too. He truly does not believe covid is a thing. Seems like a nice guy otherwise.