• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spruchy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Defending an alt-right hatemonger over a series of posts; account in junior phase.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
my friends listen to this and think he's some sort of liberal just telling it the way it is. "you should listen he's really smart" and I hate it so much that they think this

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
? Alex addressed this in his last appearance, he apologizes and states he firmly believes Sandy Hook happened and he was wrong.

I'm sure years after he pushed his stupid conspiracy theories that caused morons to confront grieving parents and made him tons of money, the parents of Sandy Hook kids think it's totally cool that he now admits he was wrong. Just a mea culpa moment right?

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Between this and having Kanye spill his crazy all over the other day, I cancelled my Spotify sub.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
? Alex addressed this in his last appearance, he apologizes and states he firmly believes Sandy Hook happened and he was wrong.

This can't be real. Are you fucking kidding me? Alex Jones tormented these parents for fucking YEARS by starting the Sandy Hook conspiracy shit. He had to be taken to court and lost the case, and that is the likely reason this fucker cannot any longer deny Sandy Hook.

He did not apologize cause he wanted to, he cannot because he'll get into deeper legal shit. Your complete lack of understanding or lack of interest to understand of the impact of this monster is telling.

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
What's the best way to transfer playlists from Spotify to Apple music? I've got a 13 hours playlist I use for anything from porch drinking to long trips and dread having to recreate it.

AwkwardWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Shq0cpp.png

And, yes, I did tell them why I canceled.
Likewise. Just canceled my premium subscription and explicitly explained that it was because they host Joe Rogan.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Based on your paraphrasing, that isn't even an actual apology. He wasn't "wrong," he lied.

Even if it weren't an apology that only suckers who want to give him a break would believe, it still wouldn't even begin to come close to making up for what he put those families through.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
So glad I stopped listening to Rogan podcast. I used to enjoy his content but the more I listened the more obvious that he is a racist ,alt right POS.

Nov 21, 2017
Is Rogan not able to get famous people on his show anymore because he lives in Texas?

Its pretty stupid to move a podcast from LA to Austin because not a lot of guests are going to fly out there but a lot will drive to your studio if it is in the same city.

I wonder how these deals with Simmons and Rogan are going to work out for Spotify.

He had Kanye West just before Alex Jones. And Matthew McConaughey. So he can still pull in the big names.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

You notice he only "apologizes" once shit hits the fan? He "apologized" for Pizzagate after a guy entered the place and fired off shots. He "apologized" for Sandy Hook after he got sued over it.

DeepChord

Jan 21, 2018
Between this and having Kanye spill his crazy all over the other day, I cancelled my Spotify sub.

Tbh I found the Kanye episode much worse than this Alex Jones one. At least Jones was contested and fact checked by rogan a bit, but kanyes episode was just letting insanity go loose. Dude needs professional help badly.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care if I get ban, because fuck this bullshit.

Hey jack ass, was he sorry when he mouthing shit on his podcast, making it so families of Sandy Hook victims got harass??? Was he sorry there?

Was his ass sorry when he pedaling fucking conspiracy of a real-life pizza house that almost cause there to be a shootout? was he sorry there?

GO FUCK YOURSELF BUD
Edit: You know what, FUCK YOU, FUCK PEOPLE WHO LOOK LIKE YOU and FUCK PEOPLE WHO THINK LIKE YOU.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I am starting to wonder if he WANTS spotify to drop him, so he can collect the money and then go back to youtube or whatever else

Nov 21, 2017
Tbh I found the Kanye episode much worse than this Alex Jones one. At least Jones was contested and fact checked by rogan a bit, but kanyes episode was just letting insanity go loose. Dude needs professional help badly.

I had to stop listening after a while. "God has chosen me to save the world, I am going to be the president and I will negotiate world peace because I understand people, I have empathy, see?" - "You are such a visionary, Kanye". Good riddance.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if I get ban, because fuck this bullshit.

Hey jack ass, was he sorry when he mouthing shit on his podcast, making it so families of Sandy Hook victims got harass??? Was he sorry there?

Was his ass sorry when he pedaling fucking conspiracy of a real-life pizza house that almost cause there to be a shootout? was he sorry there?

GO FUCK YOURSELF BUD
Edit: You know what, FUCK YOU, FUCK PEOPLE WHO LOOK LIKE YOU and FUCK PEOPLE WHO THINK LIKE YOU.

Why would you get banned.. I only read truth in your post.

Dude has 131 posts and is a Alex Jones apologist... better ignore him and let the mods do their work.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive trolling, thread derailment, and antagonizing other users over multiple posts; prior infractions for similar behavior
Just don't listen guys lol. Why does this bother y'all so much.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Canceled my Spotify. Fuck off with that.

Edit:

Because Rogan uses his huge base to push any number of dangerous narratives morons like Alex Jones come up with. Why does it bother you that anyone cares? You don't have to engage in this thread.

Lies and disinformation campaigns are grossly effective. So yeah, fuck Rogan and fuck Spotify.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I was fully planning to head back over to spotify when google eventually screws up my grandfathered prices for Youtube Music + Youtube premium combo. I sure as hell won't be going to spotify now. Fuck Joe Rogan!

Spruchy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You notice he only "apologizes" once shit hits the fan? He "apologized" for Pizzagate after a guy entered the place and fired off shots. He "apologized" for Sandy Hook after he got sued over it.

I did not notice that, thanks for letting me know, going to look into and reassess. I wonder if that holds true for this latest episode or if JRE is just stirring up shit with Spotify.

Nov 21, 2017

Yeah. I mean, I used to listen to Rogan when he had interesting scientists on, and he actually introduced me to this force of nature called David Goggins. But these days there are dozens of better podcasts around that get the same interesting people.

Time to stop giving Rogan clicks. Maybe time to unsubsribe from Spotify, too.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I did not notice that, thanks for letting me know, going to look into and reassess. I wonder if that holds true for this latest episode or if JRE is just stirring up shit with Spotify.

That's really his whole shtick. He'll pump some horrendous stuff right up until the point that it becomes financially and/or legally risky for him, and then he'll back down. But by then the damage is already done. Those Sandy Hook family members get death threats from people because they're convinced that Sandy Hook was a hoax.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

how do you know alex jones "apologized" but not the multiyear saga of harassment and legal action leading up to the "apology"?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
my interaction starts and ends with him on JRE.

so i guess joe is either too stupid to dig deep enough on a guest like alex jones to fully flesh out their depravity for the audience or conveniently leaves it out for a better podcast because who wants to laugh at a guy who made the lives of parents who lost their kids a living hell? sounds like joe shouldn't let people like alex jones speak for themselves on his podcast. otherwise we get people who are easily duped like you

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe we still have Rogan apologists here. And Apparently Alex Jones apologists too. Fucking insanity.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Surely that makes up for the years of abuse caused by Alex Jones, which included families having to move multiple times due to death threats from his most insane supporters who genuinely believed that the death of their fucking children was fake news.
Just don't listen guys lol. Why does giving a piece of shit grifter who personally went out of his way to make the lives of parents who lost their children a large platform bother y'all so much. Children such as this one because I genuinely need a frame of reference due to my frankly absurd lack of empathy for other people

Because surely giving someone like Alex Jones a platform would have zero consequences whatsoever for anyone.

Last edited:

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Spotify should go back to fucking artists with ridiculous royalties instead of turning into an anti-science propaganda machine.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017

Problems don't go away when you ignore them. Case in point:

my interaction starts and ends with him on JRE.

Check out this credulous rube who thinks Alex Jones is just a harmless crank, based on the sanitized version of events he heard on Joe Rogan's podcast. Rogan does this routinely, and a lot of his listeners are too dumb to understand what he's doing.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
I cannot believe we still have Rogan apologists here. And Apparently Alex Jones apologists too. Fucking insanity.
I actually find Rogan to be much worse than Jones, for one nobody takes Alex Jones seriously and he at least has faced some consequences and been de-platformed across the board.

Rogan on the other hand got at least half his audience through promoting the alt-right throughout 2016-2018 and making creatures like Jordan B Peterson and Ben Shapiro household names. He's probably the most effective mainstream gateway into alt-right/white supremacist subculture, and he gets away with it by playing an idiot and saying he's just stupid and doesn't know anything etc etc. And because he's on the interviewer side he avoids criticism even though he never pushes back on the worst arguments possible. I don't buy for a second that he's as non-partisan as he portrays himself, I mean he only started inviting progressive commentators on his show once the faces of the entire IDW/alt-right started falling apart, Milo Yiannopolous, JBP etc. He's a disgusting opportunist prick.

Although his most offensive work might be his shitty "comedic" standup though.