• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Fair play to keep the whole focus on Trump and his failures instead of making headlines about it and scaring away moderates who are going to vote Biden.

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
He should have stuck to his messaging that it's just a distraction by trump, and that he won't answer.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So he won't commit to it before he wins in case it affects votes, but he's totally behind it and will make sure it happens once he's in the White House?

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I think that was a good non-commital answer from Biden, and that he is open to packing the courts if the GOP confirms Barrett before the election.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i usually like to know what i person will do before i elect them

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Either way he is pissing someone off so might as well just leave it vague and do the important thing of beating Trump first. His answer probably also hinges a lot on just how much of a blowout it will be. If we have 53+ senators he might be more inclined, whereas if its a nail-biter he might not.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how packing the courts has become the only thing the Trump campaign has to use against Biden now. All because the Republican party can't honor the precedent they set 4 years ago.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So he won't commit to it before he wins in case it affects votes, but he's totally behind it and will make sure it happens once he's in the White House?
Sounds like it to me. If he has no intention to pack the courts he has no reason to just not come out and say that. If I had to place a bet right now I'd say he'll pack the court if the Republicans force their nominee through.

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
What percentage of people do you think are voting for Biden but don't want a more balanced Supreme Court?

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
so basically he's for it if they manage to confirm her in he's just not going to say it.

also is it even really up to him? Doesnt the Senate just decide? So if we win the Senate they can be like yo we're gonna do this?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not even mad. Who cares?

lol exactly

Who is he going to scare away by admitting to this?
He's pulling in a lot of independent supporters and even some repubs that are reluctant to make these moves. If the election is a blowout, he has a lot more clout to make the case that the supreme court is so wildly out of balance with the will of the people that he could probably get away with it and not destroy the party.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Sounds like it to me. If he has no intention to pack the courts he has no reason to just not come out and say that. If I had to place a bet right now I'd say he'll pack the court if the Republicans force their nominee through.

Of course he does lol. Even weak-willed liberals are starting to talk about packing the courts and people are scared shitless and/or mad as hell about losing the RBG seat to a one of the most radical right wingers that will sit in the SC in many years. He outright states he's not packing the court, he's going to get immense heat from just about anyone left-leaning at this point in time.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
so basically he's for it if they manage to confirm her in he's just not going to say it.

also is it even really up to him? Doesnt the Senate just decide? So if we win the Senate they can be like yo we're gonna do this?
Yes, SCOTUS size hasn't always been 9. In fact, it's been at 10 briefly before. And that's through legislation. No amendments needed.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
There's a really easy answer for this he can give that still allows him to deflect... He should just say that the Supreme Court should reflect the voice of the majority of Americans. Democrats have won 6 out of 7 last Presidency popular votes yet has little to show for it. Messaging should reflect that instead of something like "packing".

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd just say they're going to do it. I don't think they'd lose any votes.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
the gop is cheating the system and they are not owed an answer of their own repercussions

the american people might, but the gop doesn't get to ask and are not entitled to shit

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017

Right, it's initiated by Congress and it's approved by the President. The president can then nominate the judges.

what's being said is he'll push for it if
1) the Republicans force through the nomination
2) the Democrats have a large enough majority to pass it

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
He doesn't need to address it because the average American doesn't care and with Scalia and RBG dead probably couldn't even name a single one.

this board is not filled with average Americans.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
There's a really easy answer for this he can give that still allows him to deflect... He should just say that the Supreme Court should reflect the voice of the majority of Americans. Democrats have won 6 out of 7 last Presidency popular votes yet has little to show for it. Messaging should reflect that instead of something like "packing".
He's said that repeatedly and media still asks nonstop about it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a bluff to the GOP, giving them something to think about before they confirm Barrett. Trump is so far down in the polls, GOP knows they don't have a chance there and could very likely lose the Senate as well. Pumping the brakes on Barrett and keeping Biden from packing the courts by letting him replace Ginsburg would let the Republicans keep their edge in the scotus.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
He doesn't need to address it because the average American doesn't care and with Scalia and RBG dead probably couldn't even name a single one.

this board is not filled with average Americans.
Average voter doesn't even know what court packing means.

Did you all miss the last two debates? Court packing was talked about a lot (especially in the VP debate), Trump has been talking about it, of course it's trickled down to the average voter. It's definitely become a talking point even for low information voters. Is it important to them, I mean that's an argument, but you are the ones out of touch if you really think no one knows what this is anymore