• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So, like...did Obama keep this dude in check or what?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Our society glorifies violence in so many ways.

Why do they only focus on videogames? TV, movies, books, etc. are all violent as F.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, this should be added on the OP.

Worrying how many people here can see a Tweet with no sources or supporting evidence and take it as gospel.

His actual quote is a shit take. These games don't "teach kids" to blow people's brains out. It's the same bullshit rhetoric that feeds into people's irrational fears and allows video game violence to be used as a deflection tool. He's another uninformed dipshit.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Joe you are RETROACTIVELY MAKING PARKS AND REC WORSE

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
The thread title is still accurate and he still is saying it shares "some blame" in his full quote

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
If only there were dozens of other countries with the same video games and strict gun laws that immediately refute that claim.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, this should be added on the OP.

Worrying how many people here can see a Tweet with no sources or supporting evidence and take it as gospel.

yeah this should be added to the OP so people can stop pretending that everyone shitting on biden didn't watch it and that this clip somehow isn't still awful

probably a good idea

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
His actual quote is a shit take. These games don't "teach kids" to blow people's brains out. It's the same bullshit rhetoric that feeds into people's irrational fears and allows video game violence to be used as a deflection tool. He's another uninformed dipshit.

Sure, it's an octagenarian who's never played a videogame describing how they're rotting kid's brains. It's standard stuff for anyone over 50 and yeah,I disagree with him on this.

However I also watched the entire interview and the Tweet is taken out of context and provides absolutely nothing to back up its claims.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
You have got to be kidding me. Of course they couldn't just be shitty racist pieces of shit. They were obviously poisoned by fucking videogames. Joe Biden can't be a serious candidate at this point.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, remember all those jokes The Onion would make basically about how cool Biden was? I wonder how the people who wrote that garbage feel about him in 2019?

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Dude I don't want this man anywhere near the presidency with the things he's been saying lately. Dude just screams of an old, entitled man that can't relate with the younger generation.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Guys please take the quote in context before replying. I'm not a fan of his but the tone is very much different from what the tweet in the OP suggests.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
You have got to be kidding me. Of course they couldn't just be shitty racist pieces of shit. They were obviously poisoned by fucking videogames. Joe Biden can't be a serious candidate at this point.

The tweet is a snippet of a 30 second portion of an interview and a response to a question specifically about video games. Immediately after the clip ands he blames racism specifically for recent shootings.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
The tweet is a snippet of a 30 second portion of an interview and a response to a question specifically about video games. Immediately after the clip ands he blames racism specifically for recent shootings.

He blames racism but he says the video games teach the kids to kill dispassionately so they also share blame.

It's total garbage.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
His actual quote isn't bad.

But his take is, there is no correlation here at all.

They need to stop making this connection.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Not how this shit works.

out of touch and coming up with bs to feed the people.

guess Biden and me don't get along anymore

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

This. He's still falling for old "video games are making our children violent" chestnut, he's just trying to throw in additional "nuance" to not come off as beating that drum 100%.

Like, cool, he recognizes that video games aren't the sole or primary reason why these shootings are happening. He's still being stupid by trying to apply any sort of causal link at all.