• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Piece of utter shit.

He sounds exactly like he does in those old videos of him on the house floor talking about cutting social security. He has not changed, and voting for him in the primary is dangerous.

I mean, if he gets the nomination we're fucked too. Trump was talking about cutting SS the other day as well. Business as usual.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
True, but thats a regular thing here these days.

Smart answer though. M4A is underwater with the folks we need to win the election. You see there is this thing called politics where you have to message appropriately and not just alienate everyone to win a national election and i know folks dont get it but dont worry, people are hard at work trying to make sure Trump doesn't wipe you all off the map completely.

Yep. Anyone who thinks he wouldn't sign a M4A bill that potentially made it to his desk is literally as stupid as they think he is (and this is coming from someone who voted for Sanders last week).

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Stupid call. I don't want a 2 month primary battle. I want Sanders to have an easy out if it looks like he can't win.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
How is it just about every single candidate in the Democratic primary has gotten away with making a big fuss about "how are we gonna pay for it?" without ever addressing the idea of a wealth/stock trade tax and mostly savings we would accrue from killing this horrid insurance industry from our country?

leder

Oct 25, 2017
You can tell who in this thread actually watched the video themselves and who just read the thread title.
I mean, he pretty clearly says that he would veto all of the M4A proposals that have been floated so far. "How are you going to pay for healthcare" is one of the primary Republican taking points that has been holding us back from joining the rest of the first world for decades.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Nope he did not people have a problem with being really misleading these past few weeks.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the full clip.

It's the most democrat thing imaginable to say "Healthcare should be a right but..."

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
He says he would not veto it if it worked.

Literally the opposite of what's being claimed. He literally says he's not opposed on principle and if it got passed without raising taxes on the middle class, costing anyone their healthcare in the short term, or having huge adverse budgetary impacts he'd sign it.

If it's actually passed the House and Senate all of those boxes are going to be checked anyway so he would sign it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any poll results showing Americans stance on M4A? When I come on this forum, it seems to have overwhelming support, but I rarely see it in my anecdotal life.

It's gaining in popularity. Some polls have it well over 50%. But a public option is even more popular. Bottom line is people want better than what we have now.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, he pretty clearly says that he would veto all of the M4A proposals that have been floated so far. "How are you going to pay for healthcare" is one of the primary Republican taking points that has been holding us back from joining the rest of the first world for decades.

No, he quite clearly doesn't say that at all.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
"Im not against the principle, I believe healthcare should be a right in America"

"My concern is if its doable....."

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Lawrence pretty clearly positions this hypothetical scenario as a heavily watered down, Republican-altered version of M4A. Is that what people want? Mitch McConnell Presents Medicare For All (but not really)?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Nope he did not people have a problem with being really misleading these past few weeks.
To be expected when they're not winning on the merits, so let's just lie and misrepresent everything. Ends justify the means, yadda yadda.

This is hardly the first time a Biden statement or position has been deliberately misconstrued, it'll happen plenty more on the road to the general.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Did he really unironically do a numbered list as
"A)...
Two)..."

Also he literally doesn't say he will veto medicare for all.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
"Im not against the principle, I believe healthcare should be a right in America"

"My concern is if its doable....."

You're mixing two different concepts. He agrees healthcare should be right, he's not sure that Medicare For All is doable. He has his own plan to achieve universal healthcare in America.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is an clickbait headline. His answer was fine. He explained that he'd want to know what the costs are, whether it's going to raise taxes on the middle class, and other factors. Y'all need to calm down.
What a disgusting mess of a thread this is.

Ever since SC and Super Tuesday certain people have absolutely lost their shit. Posting right wing conspiracy theories, taking everything out of context and hanging everything on sensationalist garbage.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
you're right

he dodged the question and pivoted to talking points

i guess we could make that the thread title

i'd ride for that one
Biden's position is that M4A is pricey and too disruptive. That healthcare can be improved and costs reduced in other ways.

We can argue that position. So that's what we should do. I don't think misleading interpretations of his responses are all that worthwhile and it really doesn't solve anything.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Also, afaik, you can report thread titles for change - basically report the OP and say it's not accurate to what was said.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is it just about every single candidate in the Democratic primary has gotten away with making a big fuss about "how are we gonna pay for it?" without ever addressing the idea of a wealth/stock trade tax and mostly savings we would accrue from killing this horrid insurance industry from our country?

Insurance industry employs people. Jobs are dignity.

LOLJOBS is the defence. People on this very forum have given similar remarks. That is always the line of defence to defend the indefensible.

infamous5445

Dec 3, 2019
He says if by some miracle it gets to his desk, he wants to know the consequences to the budget and what the cost would be. He literally did not say he would veto it.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
What a disgusting mess of a thread this is.

Ever since SC and Super Tuesday certain people have absolutely lost their shit. Posting right wing conspiracy theories, taking everything out of context and hanging everything on sensationalist garbage.

I guess it's kind of a blessing Era demographic doesn't vote considering how easily users are duped.

Y'all stan Bernie but where were y'all on ST? Embarrassing.

It is a perfectly reasonable answer for someone of his platform. Where is the issue here?

Well, he's beating Bernie so he's basically the devil and the same as Trump/

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Did...did anyone think Joe Biden supported Medicare for All? I'm so confused by this thread.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
If Pelosi somehow passed M4A, Joe Biden would sign it and everyone knows it.

Just like everyone knows Bernie would compromise on a public option once M4A fails at getting through Congress.

The denials are just campaign theater.

infamous5445

Dec 3, 2019
Seriously, what the hell happened to this site? Seems some people went off the rails after Super Tuesday.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
'Raise taxes on the middle class."

The same middle class that is paying out of their checks already to get insurance through work. Will me not having to pay work for insurance offset the tax increase? Who knows, but it would be nice not to have to worry about healthcare and for the QoL for every American to be at the same level of other industrialized countries.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
This is the sort of thing that's supposed to go in the primaries thread

Status
Not open for further replies.