• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Truthfully, in 2016 it seemed like more people were anti-Hillary than pro-Trump: they all came out of the woodwork after he won the election.

Take that as you will, but to me it shows that Biden has a chance.

Absolutely. Bernie won Michigan in 2016, and Joe clobbered him in 2020. People gotta get out of the Twitter / Era bubble.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Absolutely. Bernie won Michigan in 2016, and Joe clobbered him in 2020. People gotta get out of the Twitter / Era bubble.
I was caught up in the Bernie bubble as well. Bernie's dedicated supporters are incredibly loud, but unfortunately they are the vocal minority, as shown by the poll results.

I'm hesitant to say that I'm a Biden supporter before we get more concrete info about what's going on, but I'm voting dem no matter what in six months

Psrock1

Oct 27, 2017
Based on what I was reading online and the press, Bernie had this thing in the bag. He got huge crowds, his fans are all over twitter, it was his to lose and I realized he never had it.
The Biden popularity is based on the fact that he's popular in places Hillary had no chance. Trump fear of Biden is real.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based on what I was reading online and the press, Bernie had this thing in the bag. He got huge crowds, his fans are all over twitter, it was his to lose and I realized he never had it.
The Biden popularity is based on the fact that he's popular in places Hillary had no chance. Trump fear of Biden is real.
Those things do not say he had it in the bag. Twitter is a meaningless bubble and crowds are useless if they don't vote.

His strategy relied on Moderates not dropping out to split the vote.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That poster was very calm and polite in his response to you. He simply asked you for a link and you've done everything but that.

When someone is legitimately trying to have a discussion (i.e. not acting disingenuous), "Go Google it" is a pretty shitty response.
He didn't ask for a link at all, he's being pedantic about whether Biden referred to his own behavior as sexual harassment or not. He didn't refer to his own behavior that way but he admitted to (and apologized for) the behavior and the behavior described was sexual harassment.
www.cnn.com

University of Delaware says it still has no plans to release Biden's Senate papers, as pressure mounts

The university that possesses a trove of Joe Biden's Senate papers told CNN on Thursday that there are still no plans to make them public now, as pressure grows on Biden's presidential campaign to release records that some say could potentially shed light on a sexual assault allegation against...
Right, this is essentially what I thought. The materials aren't open to the public but they've been working on them for quite a while. It would be weird if they hadn't been
I agree that his behavior is problematic, but there's been a push across this forum over the last few months to stretch the truth when it seems convenient. He admitted that he had problematic behavior, but that's completely different from admitting that he sexually harassed women. If the latter happened, it'd be a huge story. Being accurate matters because people keep coming into these threads with a false sense of what actually happened and it just becomes an echo chamber of people repeating inaccurate information. To be clear, my hangup is with the wording of whether he admitted that he sexually harassed women.
I think you are splitting hairs here, multiple women described sexual harassment. In response to those women, he apologized for his behavior. He may not consider it sexual harassment himself but the behavior was described was sexual harassment and he apologized for it and did not deny it. Even if he views the behavior as 'problematic' but not sexual harassment...it was still clearly sexual harassment.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
He didn't ask for a link at all he's being pedantic about whether Biden referred to his own behavior as sexual harassment or not.

I don't agree he was being pedantic. Again, he was very polite in his response to you. Believe it or not, what you're referring to wasn't a big story. If you're going to claim something and someone asks you for link (politely -- not to be an ass), then you should be able to communicate with them.

And uh...

He didn't ask for a link at all

Are you reading posts before you reply to people?

Can you link me to where he says he sexually harassed multiple women? I've been trying to keep on top of this story, but I have never heard of him using those words.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't agree he was being pedantic. Again, he was very polite in his response to you. Believe it or not, what you're referring to wasn't a big story. If you're going to claim something and someone asks you for link (politely -- not to be an ass), then you should be able to communicate with them.

And uh...

Are you reading posts before you reply to people?
It absolutely was a big story, and it's a still developing story considering more women keep coming forward about sexual harassment (including a woman who was 14 at the time he harassed her). I didn't notice they asked for a link, I did explain what I was talking about though. Never said they weren't being polite, they were and still are.

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He didn't ask for a link at all, he's being pedantic about whether Biden referred to his own behavior as sexual harassment or not. He didn't refer to his own behavior that way but he admitted to (and apologized for) the behavior and the behavior described was sexual harassment.

Right, this is essentially what I thought. The materials aren't open to the public but they've been working on them for quite a while. It would be weird if they hadn't been
I think you are splitting hairs here, multiple women described sexual harassment. In response to those women, he apologized for his behavior. He may not consider it sexual harassment himself but the behavior was described was sexual harassment and he apologized for it and did not deny it. Even if he views the behavior as 'problematic' but not sexual harassment...it was still clearly sexual harassment.
He doesn't even view the behavior as problematic. If he did, he wouldn't have been joking about it immediately after.

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately true. I voted Bernie and wanted he or Warren badly. But the primary showed me I'm in the minority and either would probably get defeated by Trump due to America being more right leaning.

yeah. I don't get how some folks haven't realized this yet given the mountain of evidence. Hopefully he picks warren as VP so there is a chance she becomes president.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt any work that has been done would be useful for the type of search that people have been clamoring for though. Just because the archive has been partially cataloged doesn't mean that references to a very specific person would have been logged. Everything would be to be reviewed again.

MikeBreezy92

Oct 28, 2019
I was caught up in the Bernie bubble as well. Bernie's dedicated supporters are incredibly loud, but unfortunately they are the vocal minority, as shown by the poll results.

I'm hesitant to say that I'm a Biden supporter before we get more concrete info about what's going on, but I'm voting dem no matter what in six months

You don't have to consider yourself a supporter just because you're potentially voting for him later.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
yeah. I don't get how some folks haven't realized this yet given the mountain of evidence. Hopefully he picks warren as VP so there is a chance she becomes president.

What about vote blue no matter who? It shouldn't matter who the Dem nominee is because the vast majority of voters want Trump gone and his support is plummeting

less

Oct 25, 2017

Anyone know if she is appearing anywhere else? I recall mentions of her getting other offers but not sure if took them up.

MikeBreezy92

Oct 28, 2019
What about vote blue no matter who? It shouldn't matter who the Dem nominee is because the vast majority of voters want Trump gone and his support is plummeting

That's the sentiment but you have to realize that it really doesn't make the more accelerationist progressives feel any better and the allegations don't make it any better.

And even if we a were to coalesce around Biden, it's not going to be an easy race because a few polls say that people don't like Trump. It's been that way since he's been inaugurated.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017

DNC wants nothing to do with an "independent" investigation parroting the WP's Obama vetting line.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
did she previously say it did? I see some people in the Twitter comments saying she contradicted herself here.

I'm pretty sure she mentioned filling a sexual harassment complaint on the Krystal Ball interview, but I'll have to double-check. At least that was the implication I was left with.

Also there's a couple previously unpublished quotes from an interview Reade gave to the AP in 2019 in that story that raise some questions.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah. This is.. weird.

I want to see how this shakes out because the AP has been one of the more aggressively skeptical outlets on the Reade story so I'd like to see what the Intercept/Business Insider/Krystal Ball has to say as they have been way more in the weeds on this.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah. This is.. weird.

I want to see how this shakes out because the AP has been one of the more aggressively skeptical outlets on the Reade story so I'd like to see what the Intercept/Business Insider/Krystal Ball has to say as they have been way more in the weeds on this.

Seems like they have interviewed her several times since 2019 unlike other outlets.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017

DNC wants nothing to do with an "independent" investigation parroting the WP's Obama vetting line.

Calls for Biden to open his Senate records are a red herring and the DNC and his camp are absolutely correct to push back against them.

Reade herself has said the complaint is in the national archives. The library is a fishing expedition.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like they have interviewed her several times since 2019 unlike other outlets.

Yeah, the 2019 interview is.. weird. It's from a period in time where she wasn't ready to talk about the rape yet, so that can explain a lot of the seeming contradictions vs. what she is talking about today.

But there appears to be some contradiction in here about a report being filed at all or what was in it, which is the weird part. That said Biden has asked for the national archives to be opened up regarding her so we'll hopefully know more soon.

From the reporting yesterday with Business Insider it sounds like the 'intake' form may not have been enough for it to have reached the archives at all but they are also looking into Biden's HR records from his Senate office?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I will admit, I find myself being a bit skeptical of Tara Reade. Anyone who says, "President Putin is a ...compassionate, caring, visionary leader" is going to get a lot of side eye and skepticism from me for the same reasons everyone is skeptical of Tulsi Gabbard. It puts into question all of her motives around anything to do with national politics, and unfortunately her allegation is in the center of that.

But at the same time, I want to know the truth of the matter, as much as we can all these years later. Let's get the facts. She said "her story" is in the National Archives and I've been very glad that Biden is opening that up for investigation, but now she's saying her story isn't in the Archives. So it's another moment of "hmmmm" for me. Maybe she embellished a bit in the past in order to get her voice heard. But whatever is in that report doesn't sound like it's going to really address anything to do with her main allegation. And that's not a good outcome for anyone.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it turns out something did happen, wouldn't that mean the VP vetting process is pretty crap? That's really the only thing against the allegations, after all - that if there was something there, they'd have found it over twelve years ago when Biden was first being considered to run with Obama.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I will admit, I find myself being a bit skeptical of Tara Reade. Anyone who says, "President Putin is a ...compassionate, caring, visionary leader" is going to get a lot of side eye and skepticism from me for the same reasons everyone is skeptical of Tulsi Gabbard. It puts into question all of her motives around anything to do with national politics, and unfortunately her allegation is in the center of that.

But at the same time, I want to know the truth of the matter, as much as we can all these years later. Let's get the facts. She said "her story" is in the National Archives and I've been very glad that Biden is opening that up for investigation, but now she's saying her story isn't in the Archives. So it's another moment of "hmmmm" for me.

We're still doing this hmm? Cool. People can 100% want as much information as possible before making a condemnation of Biden without resorting to " Well I'm not saying she's sketchy but Russia and hmmm ulterior motives so she gets a 'side eye'...". Gross.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
According to that article, in 2019 she tells AP she wasn't scared of him and didn't get any scary vibe from him. But in 2020, right after he clinched the Dem nomination, it's a different story? Im not surprised AP was skeptical of her

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Allegations of Sexual Assault
We're still doing this hmm? Cool. People can 100% want as much information as possible before making a condemnation of Biden without resorting to " Well I'm not saying she's sketchy but Russia and hmmm ulterior motives so she gets a 'side eye'...". Gross.

It's naive to not think that Russia has agents and sympathizers in play with regards to the election. They want their man to win. So I am skeptical of anyone who spouts pro-Putin propaganda. So I'm just being honest about that skepticism. It's there, and I have to acknowledge it to myself. But as I said, I treat her allegation with an open mind and want the facts to come out. However it seems like the contents of the report have been described differently by Reade over time, so things are feeling a bit muddy.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
It's naive to not think that Russia has agents and sympathizers in play with regards to the election. They want their man to win. So I am skeptical of anyone who spouts pro-Putin propaganda. So I'm just being honest about that skepticism. It's there, and I have to acknowledge it to myself. But as I said, I treat her allegation with an open mind and want the facts to come out. However it seems like the contents of the report have been described differently by Reade over time, so things are feeling a bit muddy.

Ok so we definitely are still doing " alleged assault victim from 1993" is Russian plant/in league with the Russians to " get their man elected"? Cool, you have fun with that

ChestRockwell

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How do you explain the phone call to Larry King from her dead mother?

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
I have zero idea what you're talking about.

And for the record, if the report is there in the Archives and only alludes to harassing behavior, I think we should still consider replacing Biden because it would show a long pattern of behavior.

Her mom apparently called Larry King to talk about the assault...which just makes things weirder since why him and not the police or the people involved in the Senate or something.

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
By the way since I see this claim that she only changed her story recently, I'm gonna repost this since no one ever talks about it.

Look at the date. In October last year she was already saying that she didn't tell her whole story.
Or her medium post from April 2019: https://medium.com/@AlexandraTaraReade/a-girl-walks-into-the-senate-dd9ebdfce31b
" I am in a creative writing group and in writing a novel, the poetry is part of the novel and the blogs because I watch and read a lot of Noam Chomsky. I dislike xenophobia. I will not be told by the power elite what country to like. I love many cultures; Russian, Italian and the food. I mean I speak some Spanish, Italian too and l Iike to explore, to learn about other people. Since when did exploring our world and views become so wrong?" I am upset now and feel defensive. Again, somehow me talking about what happened, what Joe Biden did to me, is my fault. And I did not even tell the whole story…The small portion that did come out of what Joe Biden did to me resulted in me being bullied and threatened to silence.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Her mom apparently called Larry King to talk about the assault...which just makes things weirder since why him and not the police or the people involved in the Senate or something.

to clarify we don't know specially whether her mother called because of the assault, just that Reade had "problems"with her boss and didn't know where to go.

My thought is I believe Reade told her family and neighbor about the assault in 1993. I'm just not totally convinced yet that what she said in 1993 actually happened.

Oct 25, 2017
By the way since I see this claim that she only changed her story recently, I'm gonna repost this since no one ever talks about it.

Look at the date. In October last year she was already saying that she didn't tell her whole story.
Or her medium post from April 2019: https://medium.com/@AlexandraTaraReade/a-girl-walks-into-the-senate-dd9ebdfce31b

The tweet is solid evidence of her talking about not having told the whole story prior to the interview in March that brought this back into public eye, but the Medium article isn't. The Medium article appears to have been the same thing as the Union article, but the Union article version was what she'd been linking to in tweets. The Medium article was edited in late March of this year, and while there doesn't appear to be a Wayback tracking of specifically what happened when, a large part of what you quoted is not in the version of the article in the Union/that she linked to in the tweet you quoted. Union version of that section:

"I am in a creative writing group and in writing a novel, the poetry is part of the novel and the blogs because I watch and read a lot of Noam Chomsky. I dislike xenophobia. I will not be told by power elite who and what country to like. I love cultures, Russian, Italian (and the food) and so many others. I mean I speak some Spanish, Italian too, and I mean l Iike to explore and learn. Since when did exploring our world and views become so wrong?"

I am upset now and feel defensive. Again, somehow me talking about what happened is my fault.

She ponders and replies, "Hmmm, well this Norm Chomsky is a dissident, right?"

I sigh, "It's Noam."

"Yea, right. "

I don't think there's anything inherently suspicious about her editing the article--as she's come forth with more information, it'd naturally change how she wanted to talk about some of the things she discussed in it. But knowing the information contained in it helps explain why the April 2019 article didn't spur people speculating on what more happened back in 2019 itself--there weren't originally the lines indicating more to the story.

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The tweet is solid evidence of her talking about not having told the whole story prior to the interview in March that brought this back into public eye, but the Medium article isn't. The Medium article appears to have been the same thing as the Union article, but the Union article version was what she'd been linking to in tweets. The Medium article was edited in late March of this year, and while there doesn't appear to be a Wayback tracking of specifically what happened when, a large part of what you quoted is not in the version of the article in the Union/that she linked to in the tweet you quoted. Union version of that section:

I don't think there's anything inherently suspicious about her editing the article--as she's come forth with more information, it'd naturally change how she wanted to talk about some of the things she discussed in it. But knowing the information contained in it helps explain why the April 2019 article didn't spur people speculating on what more happened back in 2019 itself--there weren't originally the lines indicating more to the story.
Oh, my mistake. I'm not super familiar with medium, where can I see when a post was last edited?