• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
this has meme potential. just put that zinger "i'm joe biden and i approve this message" on the end of whatever

Yeah I wanna see this. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of trump quotes that would fit.

Can't forget one of Obama's strengths when he won was controlling the social media narrative. Granted that playing field has changed a hell of a lot in a decade.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Holy crap it's going to hit 11 million soon. To be fair, it's a really short ad and I've already played it at least 10 times but still.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
trumpotjl5.gif

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Playing unedited clips of Trump spewing his usual bilge doesn't have the effect you think it does.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
lol. This one really got them riled up. Feels like ive seen "joe has dementia" bots out in full force more than ever since this.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
The sooner Biden leans into the memes the better

if people can't get I got hairy legs lawn signs, then what's the point of this whole thing?

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
?

Not sure what you mean?

Many ads and political tweets consist of nothing but a clip of Trump speaking, on the assumption that what he says is so stupid that anyone with basic morals or intelligence would recoil with disgust at the content. It doesn't work. If anything it acts to spread his platform further.

Not saying I know what the solution is but it seems to be raising false hopes if you expect this "best ad of Biden's entire campaign" to have any impact.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Many ads and political tweets consist of nothing but a clip of Trump speaking, on the assumption that what he says is so stupid that anyone with basic morals or intelligence would recoil with disgust at the content. It doesn't work. If anything it acts to spread his platform further.

Not saying I know what the solution is but it seems to be raising false hopes if you expect this "best ad of Biden's entire campaign" to have any impact.

I get what you're saying, but this is different. He's not even promoting any platform here, or his usual blustering bullshit. It's a clip of him saying "If Joe Biden wins, you'll never hear from me again" followed by the implication of Joe going "Yeah that's right."

That's not a "Trump is a monster/idiot/etc." appeal. That's "You tired of seeing his face? Hearing about him every day? You know what to do." There's a lot of privileged people who are comfortable in life, but sick of hearing about "politics". It's impossible to get away from with Trump because he's constantly thrashing around, making absolutely stupid and illegal statements, pissing off one group or another, then before the dust can settle he's on to something else. These people don't care that people (especially PoC) are getting murdered by cops, or LGBTQIA+ people are being denied basic rights, or that the world is burning, or that we did a literal by definition genocide. They just want the annoying idiot out of their face. Disturbingly, that may be the most effective angle of attack this election.