• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Joe Biden said Thursday that he believes President Donald Trump will try and delay the November election.

"Mark my words, I think he is going to try to kick back the election somehow, come up with some rationale why it can't be held," the former vice president and apparent Democratic presidential nominee said during an online fundraiser.
"Imagine threatening not to fund the post office. Now, what in God's name is that about? Other than trying to let the word out that he's going to do all he can to make it very hard for people to vote," Biden said. "That's the only way he thinks he can possibly win."

www.nbcnews.com

Biden: Trump will try to delay the November election

"Mark my words, I think he is going to try to kick back the election somehow, come up with some rationale why it can’t be held," Biden said.

When this topic is brought up, people just claim that Trump can't directly delay the election. That's true, but we saw with the virus response that he controls a lot of governors as his puppets. Governors like Abbott, Kemp, and DeSantis are nothing more than Trump lapdogs who are literally killing people by reopening their economies to please Trump, why wouldn't they delay an election in their states? And we certainly can't rely on the Supreme Court to prevent the delay after seeing what happened in Wisconsin. Is it time to take the threat of Trump delaying the election more seriously?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Just because he can't legally do it won't stop him from trying. Dollars to donuts he'll float the idea more than once as we head toward November.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
User Banned (1 week): off-topic thread derailment and history of infractions
I doubt it. I feel he's gonna destroy Joe in the debates since it seems he can't speak coherently for more than a few minutes

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing stopping him are consequences, but he can avoid them if his party disagrees with the consequences.

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just because he can't legally do it won't stop him from trying. Dollars to donuts he'll float the idea more than once as we head toward November.

Can't wait for the irony of people who are storming the streets now because "freedoms" to turn around in November and say that we can't have an election under these circumstances.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
imagine all the red states delaying to appease trump and the blue states holding elections and electing Biden
can't wait for civil war 2

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Trump has never done anything illegal so there is nothing to worry about.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Then again when someone is peddling Lysol as a potential COVID cure, Biden wouldn't need to do a lot of talking anyway.

This is true, but then we remember Trump was elected directly after a good amount of the country heard his voice describing his love for sexual assault.

People may surprise you.

Also, as anyone so sure Trump will even have debates? He lost to Hillary 1v1 every time and it still didn't matter. Hell, he lost the popular vote and it didn't matter.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Trump thinks he will lose on November 3rd, he will absolutely try to delay the election. It boggles the mind that people keep thinking there is a line Trump won't cross and that there's a line Republicans won't let him cross.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
"Relax, it'll never happen here. The people will revolt." I say, despite mountains of contradictory evidence over the last 4 years.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah regardless of whether they attempt postponement, it should be obvious to everyone that voter suppression will be a high priority in November. I'm sure he'll float the idea of indefinite postponement--he may have already; he talks about 3rd terms often enough, but there's a large spectrum of damage that can be done to undermine the election outside of delay.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Biden's an idiot.

There's no reason to postpone the election from their point of view.

It's better to let the Post Office fail, have liberal cities under more severe social distancing or stay at home orders to discourage voting among those who get their news from any sources other than Fox News and OAN and let all the rural areas who watch Fox News and OAN happily go out and vote under more relaxed rules. Republicans already love voter suppression, now they'd actually have legit cover for why it takes 8 or more hours to vote in person, reduced polling places, post office furloughs delaying or preventing absentee ballots from getting out on time or back and once push comes to shove we can send all our complaints up to the conservative Supreme Court that'll say "no do-overs guess we gotta give it to Trump, can't have a election again even if the first one was flawed."

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Biden's an idiot.

There's no reason to postpone the election from their point of view.

It's better to let the Post Office fail, have liberal cities under more severe social distancing or stay at home orders to discourage voting among those who get their news from any sources other than Fox News and OAN and let all the rural areas who watch Fox News and OAN happily go out and vote under more relaxed rules. Republicans already love voter suppression, now they'd actually have legit cover for why it takes 8 or more hours to vote in person, reduced polling places, post office furloughs delaying or preventing absentee ballots from getting out on time or back and once push comes to shove we can send all our complaints up to the conservative Supreme Court that'll say "no do-overs guess we gotta give it to Trump, can't have a election again even if the first one was flawed."
That backfired in Wisconsin last week for Republicans

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I doubt it. I feel he's gonna destroy Joe in the debates since it seems he can't speak coherently for more than a few minutes
Uh I mean did he really destroy anyone in any of the debates he went to? Afaik he was just bashing the candidate themselves, and ignoring question. I dunno Biden is gonna have an easy time with this one.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
If Trump thinks he will lose on November 3rd, he will absolutely try to delay the election. It boggles the mind that people keep thinking there is a line Trump won't cross and that there's a line Republicans won't let him cross.
I mean Trump seems too far up his own ass to think he's going to lose. Even if its getting close to election day and all the polls turn out to heavily be against him, he'll probably assume he'll just win anyway. Then again it does seem like a tactic the rest of his party might try to get him to pull so who knows?
Uh I mean did he really destroy anyone in any of the debates he went to? Afaik he was just bashing the candidate themselves, and ignoring question. I dunno Biden is gonna have an easy time with this one.
Tbf, that tactic worked out pretty well for him, even though it obviously shouldn't have. Trump dunking on other people rather than answering actual questions fires up right wingers rather than making them less likely to vote for him

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Of course he will, and then Republicans will say he's just speaking in hypotheticals and that liberals are going crazy for taking him seriously while they try to find a way to actually do it.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congress controls the election date and it can only be moved with bipartisan agreement. Even if the Puppet States try something it won't change the election date and won't change the date that Trump's term expires (in which case the Speaker becomes President if a presidential election has not been held), which would need a Constitutional Amendment to change.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
That's what people said before his debate against Bernie. And he won that debate.

7kkHgOR.png

projects.fivethirtyeight.com

Who Won The Biden-Sanders Debate?

How Democratic primary voters felt about presidential candidates Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders before and after the Democratic debate on March 15, 2020

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

You are talking about the most rambling, incoherent President we've ever had. His sentences don't make structural or logical sense. And he's going to "destroy" Joe Biden, himself a rambling, incoherent old white man who will be employing the same shtick but more articulately? I don't see it at all.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Tbf, that tactic worked out pretty well for him, even though it obviously shouldn't have. Trump dunking on other people rather than answering actual questions fires up right wingers rather than making them less likely to vote for him
Yeah it's annoying how it worked, but also I don't think Biden's going to be one to take shit from someone like him so I expect it to get pretty heated on that front.