• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Restera will still rally behind him like they did behind Hillary rather than looking at the bigger picture and apathy towards the broken system.
Amazing the amount of replies you got that defaulted to 4 more years of trump instead of acknowledging the broken system is what led us to him lol. If we'd stop fucking with rapists like Biden maybe we'd have chance at remedying the system.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
good shit joe

Restera will still rally behind him like they did behind Hillary rather than looking at the bigger picture and apathy towards the broken system.

"the bigger picture" is stopping fascism my dude
Can we not have another thread just turn into a Biden is a rapist so you shouldn't vote/you need to vote for him anyway thread. And like...actually discuss the topic on hand?

a lot of people don't actually care about policy especially if they aren't the ones about to be homeless

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can we not have posters that try to downplay serious allegations?

Believe women.
They literally said nothing about the allegations though? They never suggested that they weren't serious or real, they suggested that repeating this conversation ad nauseum in every thread where Biden's name comes up is not productive nor enlightening to everyone. Pretty much every person here has made their decision on how they feel about that situation and how it will affect their decision in the upcoming election. It can (and should) still be discussed, but we have places here to discuss it

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
The candidate is a likely rapist. That's kind of a big deal. I don't see how you can stop people from bringing it up. If you don't want to talk about it, don't respond to it.

Its highly HIGHLY doubtful even considering this that its going to be a-okay to enter every political thread approaching the election with the expressed intent of literal thread shitting and nothing will be done about it. If thats your intent, fine. But just don't cry foul if bans follow eventually. Most of these derails aren't even making a feigned attempt at discussing the topic at hand.

Can we not have posters that try to downplay serious allegations?

Can you stop misrepresenting pointing out thread shitting and intentional thread derails as "Downplaying rape allegations?"

The posters responding to the derailer said absolutely nothing of the allegations. But you knew that already, thats the pattern right? Attempt to derail the thread, then attack anyone who calls you out as "Downplaying rape"...

Knock it off.

Nov 6, 2017
Nah, we deserve 4 more years, no lessons have been learned and ignorance is still prevailing.
You're showing your privilege. Maybe you can live with another 4 years of this, but millions cannot.
I voted for Bernie, I'm not happy Biden is the nominee, but abstaining from voting especially in battleground states is irresponsible.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
It looks like some of Bernie's influence is starting to sink in.

At the end of the day Biden is a career politician. His political positions are basically whatever the party tells him the party line is; pull the party left and you bring Joe with you.

That's both the benefit and detriment of a guy like Biden, as opposed to an ideologue.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You're showing your privilege. Maybe you can live with another 4 years of this, but millions cannot.
I voted for Bernie, I'm not happy Biden is the nominee, but abstaining from voting especially in battleground states is irresponsible.

imagine being that privileged with no self awareness and still thinking you have the moral high ground

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing the amount of replies you got that defaulted to 4 more years of trump instead of acknowledging the broken system is what led us to him lol. If we'd stop fucking with rapists like Biden maybe we'd have chance at remedying the system.
The system is broken. We can and should try to figure out the best ways to fix it. But Biden is already the nominee for this year, that's not going to change, and so even if we discuss fixes we really only have the time and ability to implement them in future elections. We can and should discuss changes that can be made to prevent this from happening again. But fixing the system is not something we can do over night. There are currently no viable methods to replace Biden given
1. He won't step down
2. Most of the democratic voting base still doesn't actually want him to step down
3. There isn't really a clear or good choice for who should succeed him
4. We have limited time until the election and infighting too close to the election strengthens Trump a lot

Wanting to fix a broken system is good. But it's still important to consider the realities of the situation if you want any sort of achievable path to actually doing so

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The alligation didn't come out until weeks after super tuesday when it was all set and done.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
The candidate is a likely rapist. That's kind of a big deal. I don't see how you can stop people from bringing it up. If you don't want to talk about it, don't respond to it.

A derail is a derail, and should be handled like anything else according to guidelines.

Coming in shouting RAPIST in every fucking Biden thread is thread shitting that makes discussing a topic damn near impossible. You wanna talk about allegations? There's topics that are specifically about it. Go there.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
If landlords get mortgage deferment, then tenants should get rent freezes. I assume it's not good though if the landlord goes under.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Thread derails have always been against the rules.

There are threads dedicated to discussing the topic of the allegations against Biden.

Biden's proposed policies are separate topics, and merit having their own threads to discuss them.

Derailing threads and then accusing those who took issue with the derail of 'downplaying rape' is a scummy tactic, pretty obviously part of a broader strategy to limit the scope of acceptable discourse in this forum.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Political threads in this forum have become reductively circular. Just absolutely useless. Leave that discussion in that thread.

We need moderation badly on Resetera or this thread and many others will hemorrhage members. It already has in Off Topic.

On topic: I didn't think I would see him advocate for this. This is good.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's good that people know, anyway, both candidates to presidency are alledged rapists so at this point, as fucked up as that sounds, you just gotta pick the lesser evil of the two and that's Biden by a hundred miles.

As awful as it is that this is even a difference that needs to point out, it should be pointed out that Trump is on video literally admitting to sexual assault.

It goes beyond accusations for Trump. He admitted he assaults women.

Nov 6, 2017
I can't read these threads anymore. I don't need to feel even more guilty for supporting Biden this fall than I already do, but I've made the choice that Biden's administration and cabinet will reflect a progressive platform more so than the man himself. We need a useful asshole in this position solely for judicial positions, Supreme Court seats, and the potential to carry the senate in 2020 as well. I don't like him, but he represents a better future than the status quo. I can't take details and single-issue posters showing their privilege every thread.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I can't read these threads anymore. I don't need to feel even more guilty for supporting Biden this fall than I already do, but I've made the choice that Biden's administration and cabinet will reflect a progressive platform more so than the man himself. We need a useful asshole in this position solely for judicial positions, Supreme Court seats, and the potential to carry the senate in 2020 as well. I don't like him, but he represents a better future than the status quo. I can't take details and single-issue posters showing their privilege every thread.
You're welcome in PoliERA. Despite certain bad actors' best attempts, it's still a relatively safe place to engage in this sort of discussion.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I thought most people already had mortgage relief? Aren't there several threads on this? Do landlords not qualify?

Rent relief is a great idea, but announcing the initiative at the end of the month isn't going to help many people tomorrow.
Most mortgages for rental properties are considered commercial so they do not get the same relief as residential mortgages.

The payments may be able to be postponed but have to be made up with a payback plan so unless they can freeze rent but have the tenant pay it back within say a year, (which is obviously out of most people's ability) it's not going to help much.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
We're stuck with Biden and we can't take 4 more years of Trump.

What is your solution exactly since you are so clearly above it all?

Nov 6, 2017
You're welcome in PoliERA. Despite certain bad actors' best attempts, it's still a relatively safe place to engage in this sort of discussion.
Appreciate it, but for my own mental health I think I need to consume news personally and form my opinions and not open myself up to the possibility of feelIng guilt ridden by people who shame me for my stance as much as I already don't feel great about it.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
The dude is a 80s/90s centrist Democrat. He might throw the left a few bones but he isn't going to push for any major left legislation.
This is what I figured. Otherwise establishment democrats and the "liberal" media would be shitting their pants right now. We all saw the way they reacted to Bernie jumping out of the gates.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018

You think people who don't like Biden are privileged? I don't understand this.

Nov 6, 2017
You think people who don't like Biden are privileged? I don't understand this.
I'm not engaging in this. It's privilege to see Biden and Trump and think "eh, I'll sit this one out." Or "well we deserve trump." It means to me that you aren't really affected by Trumps policies.
Again, don't try and trap me, I'm Not interested in splitting hairs and arguing for arguments sake.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the day Biden is a career politician. His political positions are basically whatever the party tells him the party line is; pull the party left and you bring Joe with you.

That's both the benefit and detriment of a guy like Biden, as opposed to an ideologue.
Yep. He's got the spine of a jellyfish.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
People who are gonna shit on biden everyday until November and not vote against trump are in turn doing work for trumps reelection and are then privileged.

There are plenty of people affected by Trump's policies that might not vote Biden. I wouldn't call that privileged but that's just me.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need to freeze rent immediately for people who have lost their jobs and place a temporary ban on evictions.

Cool we're still doing half measures then.

Mods can you please change the title so that it reflects that Biden is only talking about people who lost their jobs? It's a big difference.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
There are plenty of people affected by Trump's policies that might not vote Biden. I wouldn't call that privileged but that's just me.
No one in any way should shame any victim.

That also doesn't mean that every single person voting to get trump out of fear for their lives should be painted as a rapist supporter. Especially considering the alligation didn't even come until after he won the primary.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): off-topic drive-by, derailing
Hopefully this gets picked up by whoever replaces his rapist ass when he steps down.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
No one in any way shame any victim.

That also doesn't mean that every single person voting to get trump out of fear for their lives should be painted as a rapist supporter. Especially considering the alligating didn't even come until after he won the primary.

I keep seeing this (and I agree with it!) but I very rarely see anyone actually saying people who vote Biden in the GE are rape apologists/supporters. I think people see the discussion about Biden's rape accusations and the downplaying it's receiving as condemnations of themselves because they want to vote against Trump, but it's not necessarily the case.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The US system has been broken since before 1776. At this point, I'm just going to try to live within it.