• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
indiancountrytoday.com

Joe Biden halts drilling in Arctic refuge

Joaqlin EstusIndian Country Today President Joe Biden put a hold on oil and gas drilling in the Arctic just hours after being inaugurated. He signed an
President Joe Biden put a hold on oil and gas drilling in the Arctic just hours after being inaugurated Wednesday.

He signed an executive order placing a temporary moratorium on all federal activities related to oil and gas leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Just the day before, nine leases had been signed by the Trump administration, well ahead of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act's 2024 deadline requiring two lease sales in the refuge.

Biden's executive order raises questions about the permitting process for the leases, saying, "in light of the alleged legal deficiencies underlying the program, including the inadequacy of the environmental review required by the National Environmental Policy Act … "

The order directs the Secretary of Interior to redo a major step to " … as appropriate, conduct a new, comprehensive analysis of the potential environmental impacts of the oil and gas program." It notifies courts that the incoming Attorney General may request courts to put a hold on litigation related to oil and gas leasing in the refuge.

Biden also reinstated an Obama-era order withdrawing areas in Arctic waters and the Bering Sea from offshore oil and gas drilling and establishing the Northern Bering Sea Climate Resilience Area.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
God Biden is (seriously) a breath of fresh air when it comes to climate issues compared to Trump.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
When Fox News says Biden's having a disastrous first week, is this what they're talking about?

Last edited:

Red

Oct 26, 2017
b53c61ee-1b87-4b4e-affkbn.jpeg

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Good and the funny thing is I bet companies won't even complain because they weren't moving on those leases. Exploration and extraction in ANWR is difficult and expensive as fuck.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
image.png

Fox News defies all logic, science, and reason. Whatever they say, the opposite is true.

Where was that Fox News image where they talked about how a family of four making $600K a year and a single woman making $250K weren't going to be able to survive a slight tax increase?

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It is the weirdest fucking thing in the world to see good political news.

I've been skeptical, but Joe has been great so far. Stay off the war crimes and corporatism, buddy, and we'll be real cool.

Whatever else Biden thinks, I get the sense he truly does not want to be a person who allows the planet to be wrecked, and his grandchildren to live in a hellscape, so that rich people can die even richer before the price comes due.