• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Well apart from the predictable denial, all of this talk about his files is a perfect softball for Republican attack dogs. There's no way they aren't gonna try to replicate Clinton's email hysteria over conversations he has had with high profile politicians. I think that could be more damaging than these actual claims.

However, I will be curious to see what is in the national archives. I don't know if she has walked back her comment, but she has said her story is there.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No that makes him bad. But that still doesn't put him anywhere near Trump. If you think that it does then that tells me that you have no idea just how bad Trump is.
I mean, he shares blame for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people across the middle east. From the diastrous wars in Iraq and Afghsanistan, to the failed interventions in Syria, Libya, and the backing of the Saudi genocide in Yemen. At the risk of another ban, I'm sorry, but these atrocities are worse than anything Trump has done so far. I absolutely hate Trump with every fiber of my being, but it's beyond me how people can just handwave mass slaughter the committed by the US, which Biden 100% backed.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, he shares blame for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people across the middle east. From the diastrous wars in Iraq and Afghsanistan, to the failed interventions in Syria, Libya, and the backing of the Saudi genocide in Yemen. At the risk of another ban, I'm sorry, but these atrocities are worse than anything Trump has done so far. I absolutely hate Trump with every fiber of my being, but it's beyond me how people can just handwave mass slaughter the committed by the US, which Biden 100% backed.
I get the feeling that you, and some others don't just think he's guilty, but hope he's guilty, which weakens your argument significantly.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People wanted a statement from him. He's provided one.

People for some reason started demanding his Senate records, he's asked for them to be provided.

Now it's up to the investigative journalists to delve deeper and unearth more information to attempt to shed light on to this.

Why would he address something he's already addressed a year ago and has nothing to do with this new serious charge?
The sexual harassment is absolutely related to this because he sexually harassed multiple times prior to the assault. It's a pattern of predatory behavior against one victim.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I get the feeling that you, and some others don't just think he's guilty, but hope he's guilty, which weakens your argument significantly.
I think you and some others are willing to ignore his sexual assault in women, his long history of racism, and support for the wholesale slaughter of innocents in the Middle East, all of it doesn't matter to you as long as you beat Trump.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That is an absurd position to take in my opinion.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I am convinced posts like this are either Russian trolls, or just people who have been influenced by Russian trolls on Twitter. Some of ya'll are bonkers.
People seriously need to stop calling people fucking russian operatives just because you don't like what they're saying. Its already fucking intolerable normally but it's also in very poor taste when done in threads related to sexual assault allegations where people keep smearing the victim as a russian operative herself.
The reverse could also be argued about a majority of this forum. This is just not a good argument to make either way to be honest

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
People seriously need to stop calling people fucking russian operatives just because you don't like what they're saying. Its already fucking intolerable normally but it's also in very poor taste when done in threads related to sexual assault allegations where people keep smearing the victim as a russian operative herself.

Does anyone still take the Russian operative crutch seriously? It's ridiculous.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
The reverse could also be argued about a majority of this forum. This is just not a good argument to make either way to be honest

Hoping he is innocent and hoping he is guilty are not equivalent in any shape or form, and I think the pivots to "well he's also a bad man because x" betray true motives in this thread.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
People are in here trying to paint Biden as some kind of war criminal and ACTUALLY trying to make the case that he is somehow worse than Trump.

Good Lord lol

Oct 27, 2017
These things can both be said.

Women (and men) should be believed and listened to when it comes to allegations of sexual assault. Their experiences and trauma should not be trivialized and their intentions and/or when they come forward shouldn't be questioned.

These allegations should be thoroughly vetted and investigated and verifiable evidence needs to be uncovered to substantiate them.

This interview was very thorough and Mika didn't shy away from hard hitting questions that held Joe Biden to account. He answered them as well as he could in this situation.

It will do nothing to change the minds and opinions of those who have already decided that Joe Biden is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt but these claims need to continue to be thoroughly examined and the allegations of conspiracy theories (from both sides) need to stop. It's not fair to Tara Reade.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the American electorate do not care about something until it directly affects them.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Hoping he is innocent and hoping he is guilty are not equivalent in any shape or form.
Depends on the motivation in my opinion. Not that it really matters what people hope, he is most likely guilty but I very much doubt that there will be anything found in the records. Chances are the complaint was torn up the moment it was given to HR/whatever the offical name of the department was.
People are in here trying to paint Biden as some kind of war criminal and ACTUALLY trying to make the case that he is somehow worse than Trump.

Good Lord lol
I mean, while not technically war criminals, pretty much any politican who supported the Iraq War has a lot of blood on their hands.

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
No that makes him bad. But that still doesn't put him anywhere near Trump. If you think that it does then that tells me that you have no idea just how bad Trump is.
iraq war alone puts his body count above trump's. can't claim that he was an innocent bystander tricked by bush either as he was the chair of the foreign relations committee.

Oct 27, 2017
You have to incriminate tens of thousands of public servants and hundreds of millions American voters as well for being part and parcel of the American military industrial complex over the past 50+ years as well, then.

This is the danger in boiling things down to shades of black and white with no nuance whatsoever.

Trump, by the way, is part of that exact same complex and has killed more American citizens than almost any other administration in American history with the exception of a select handful.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
QUOTE="GYODX, post: 32786589, member: 17013"]
Reposting from the other thread:

These are the same documents Biden called to release.
[/QUOTE]

Good.

I'm confused. She said there are records but then there aren't records. So either they never got filed, she remembered wrong or she lied? Is that what these tweets question?

I don't think the tweets question anything. It's just pointing out that the victim is saying where the documents would be. It makes a fool of all the people talking about Delaware though. Those are self submitted files, Biden would have to have CHOSEN to document his harassment in files that he knew would be released after his death which is lightspeed stupid.

It also doesn't mean there aren't records. There could be, Joe could be trying to call a bluff.

Another reading of the Tweet is that there *is* a record of the complaint, but that she didn't explicitly call it 'assault'.

That sort of thing won't save him... He has asked them to pull the records, if there is a complaint from her on him, regardless of if its assault, it will be the end of him.

Pull the damn records.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
That sort of thing won't save him... He has asked them to pull the records, if there is a complaint from her on him, regardless of if its assault, it will be the end of him.

Pull the damn records.
And I agree with you. If there is *some* kind of record of a complaint then that is very damaging to Biden.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Conservatives weaponizing Biden's creepiness is undistilled hypocrisy.
Between a sane creep and an insane, incompetent one, the former should still be the obvious choice.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
It also bears mentioning that there are several degrees of separation between being a handsy creep (which Joe Biden absolutely is), and digitally penetrating someone without their consent (which would make you a rapist).

Posting gifs of the former isn't proof of the latter.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
iraq war alone puts his body count above trump's. can't claim that he was an innocent bystander tricked by bush either as he was the chair of the foreign relations committee.
You are acting like he alone made all the decisions. He wasn't president. His support of it was wrong, but that doesn't equate to what you are trying to put on him. You would have to incriminate thousands of Americans by your logic. That's asinine.

I get you all don't like Biden and it's completely justified, but you all are reaching borderline delusional conclusions about him at this point in order to justify your hatred. And trying to claim he is worse than Trump by any stretch is downright stupid no matter how you look at it. Biden is a shitty candidate and a shitty person, but he is not worse than Trump.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
It's difficult to take posters' concerns as genuine when a topic about Biden's response to Tara Reade's allegations turn into yet another debate about his role in the Iraq War.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
lol, imagine if Trump was president during 9/11.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
It's difficult to take posters' concerns as genuine when a topic about Biden's response to Tara Reade's allegations turn into yet another debate about his role in the Iraq War.
Let's not forget that supporting Biden here was already a toxic position and proof you were an awful person even *before* the allegations of sexual assault came to light.

The week of Super Tuesday was somehow worse than anything we saw in the 2016 primary. If the allegations hadn't come out, it would've just been a non-stop 'so you are a genocide apologist' all the way through November.

Last edited:

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory accusations, account in junior phase
You have to incriminate tens of thousands of public servants and hundreds of millions American voters as well for being part and parcel of the American military industrial complex over the past 50+ years as well, then.

Ah the classic "he didn't directly mass murder millions of jews, the soldiers did it!!" glad to see genocide apologists in the thread.

KamratSkutt

Mar 28, 2020
It also bears mentioning that there are several degrees of separation between being a handsy creep (which Joe Biden absolutely is), and digitally penetrating someone without their consent (which would make you a rapist).

Posting gifs of the former isn't proof of the latter.
Ah yes the 'He is a molester, not a rapist' defence. Bold strategy.

Cash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the point was Biden is capable of being just as damaging a president as Trump, so there's no need to completely compromise on your moral values and basically erase all of the good work done by feminists on sexual assault

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I feel like these gifs need repeating in every thread on the subject... They all make my skin crawl... Red flags galore...

7ymVTMf.gif
im9L6V2.gif
9gtcryZ.gif
Yz96b0D.gif
xVOpKRB.gif
Ko9h8xZ.gif
DYZ4z9J.gif
v6fpFlF.gif

bidengifs

The thing is I really want to go canvassing and campaigning against Trump during the election. I just refuse to do so for a sexual predator. Please resign.

Good God! These gifs are creepy as fuck! I don't blame anyone for not voting this sexual predator. Biden needs to be locked up!

Oct 27, 2017
Ah the classic "he didn't directly mass murder millions of jews, the soldiers did it!!" glad to see genocide apologists in the thread.

I never excused Biden's role in the death and suffering of others as part of the American military industrial complex so you can get the fuck out of here with this, thanks.

Maybe educate yourself as to what the problem is instead of placing the blame for it on one person though.

The ignorant discourse and lack of ability to competently understand complex issues by some posters here is terrifying and very transparent.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017

Surprising that a rapist vying to be president also has other actions which people criticise.

Though for clarity, the discussion on Biden's other moral black holes only arose in response to people effectively saying "yeah, but even if he is a rapist, he's otherwise a decent guy that you should vote for".

Let's not forget that supporting Biden here was already a toxic position and proof you were an awful person even *before* the allegations of sexual assault came to light.

I'm always really intrigued by this response, it's really common across supporters of (I say this purely for simplicity) 'centrist' candidates. That criticism of a politician they support is always really taken to heart as an insinuation you are "an awful person". Genuinely see those three words said quite frequently!

From my position, I genuinely do not wish to pass judgement on the people supporting candidates for reasons which usually (at least outwardly) boil down to "we just need to win", and I can understand the allure. I disagree, and do indeed in this instance think that Biden is a horrible person, but that is not passing the same judgement on those who may be willing to vote for him for whatever reason.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Surprising that a rapist vying to be president also has other actions which people criticise.

Though for clarity, the discussion on Biden's other moral black holes only arose in response to people effectively saying "yeah, but even if he is a rapist, he's otherwise a decent guy that you should vote for".

I'm always really intrigued by this response, it's really common across supporters of (I say this purely for simplicity) 'centrist' candidates. That criticism of a politician they support is always really taken to heart as an insinuation you are "an awful person". Genuinely see those three words said quite frequently!

From my position, I genuinely do not wish to pass judgement on the people supporting candidates for reasons which usually (at least outwardly) boil down to "we just need to win", and I can understand the allure. I disagree, and do indeed in this instance think that Biden is a horrible person, but that is not passing the same judgement on those who may be willing to vote for him for whatever reason.
It's probably surprising to you because you're not a bad-faith poster. The same can't be said of everyone else, as the moderation is well-aware of.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
How is anyone surprised?

If he copped to it, he'd kick up an even bigger fuss than we're seeing right now. The fact that he denies it is, from his POV, advantageous because he can hand-wave away the biggest detriment to his campaign and some folks will just take him at his word here which, again, is a better deal for him than everyone knowing he's a scumbag based on his own admittance.

He was always going to deny this, try to sweep it under the rug and push forward. It doesn't matter if three people decide he's innocent because of this denial, that's three people that wouldn't hold that belief if he admitted to it. In the game of politics, denial of wrongdoing is the most commonly used and essential tool in the toolbox.

The job that we all have right now is to decide for ourselves who we believe. I know that Biden hasn't convinced me of his innocence whatsoever and that's not likely to change. This denial seems tastelessly hostile, obnoxiously arrogant and sounds like gaslighting being aired live on television for the world to see, that's personally not what I ever want in a leader. That said, as these last few years have shown, that actually seems to be just what it takes to get you into the White House.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

What's not surprising is that the topic of his role in Iraq war (as if somehow joe Biden is solely responsible) has overtaken the original discussion and now we're back to the same merry-go-round discussions that are already going on in every other Biden topic with folks being labeled "genocide apologists" of all things.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
How is anyone surprised?

If he copped to it, he'd kick up an even bigger fuss than we're seeing right now. The fact that he denies it is, from his POV, advantageous because he can hand-wave away the biggest detriment to his campaign and some folks will just take him at his word here which, again, is a better deal for him than everyone knowing he's a scumbag based on his own admittance.

He was always going to deny this, try to sweep it under the rug and push forward. It doesn't matter if three people decide he's innocent because of this denial, that's three people that wouldn't hold that belief if he admitted to it. In the game of politics, denial of wrongdoing is the most commonly used and essential tool in the toolbox.

The job that we all have right now is to decide for ourselves who we believe. I know that Biden hasn't convinced me of his innocence whatsoever and that's not likely to change. This denial seems tastelessly hostile, obnoxiously arrogant and sounds like gaslighting being aired live on television for the world to see, that's personally not what I ever want in a leader. That said, as these last few years have shown, that actually seems to be just what it takes to get you into the White House.

He is doing exactly what Reade asked him to do, open the archives for investigation, how is that sweeping it under the rug.

Status
Not open for further replies.