• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Two choices this Election, Trump or Biden. Not voting for Biden is saying you prefer Trump, who by all accounts is worse then what Biden is being accused of. Biden could admit it, and I would still vote for him. Trump is such a danger to future of this country that he must go by any means. He wins, say goodbye to the Supreme Court, Civil Rights, and Roe Vs Wade. Hold your nose and vote for whats best for everyone.
Pretty sure the Primary isn't over yet.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
What are you talking about? Biden didnt force people to vote for him over other candidates. A lack of appeal from everyone else is not his fault.

He ran for office despite having this baggage. If this baggage sinks him in November it's his fault that Trump gets another term. It's that easy for me.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is bullshit, not voting for Biden does not mean I help bring Orange Hitler to permanent power anymore than not voting for Trump puts stuttering hitler into power.

You are not entitled to my vote and no amount of guilt tripping is going to help.

I know where you are coming from, I made the same arguments to others 4 years ago. 2016s loss radicalized me and if Biden loses to trump this election cycle, I hope it radicalizes a whole lot more of us.
It does and that's the unfortunate reality of the U.S. electoral process. This is true whether you admit it to yourself or not.

Not voting still counts as an action (so no one's hands are clean, even those that didn't vote). Did you know that negative political ads, for example, aren't designed to get you to vote for anyone, but to encourage you not to vote at all? There's a reason the Republicans try to suppress turnout (because not voting still affects the outcome).

You are correct in that no one is entitled to your vote. As long as you think Trump would be better or at least no worse than Biden, then it's perfectly reasonable not to vote for Biden.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Temporarily locking this thread while we review reports and posts.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Thread unlocked. Please report posts you believe to be breaking any of the rules in the general guide, as it's always possible we missed something.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Not worse than I was expecting.

Better even.

There's more to this story still I feel.

Last edited:

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Biden will not order a search to the University of Delaware because he says that the files are not personal files.
It's the other way around: the University of Delaware archives are *his* personal files. Surely, he would not have documented his own sexual assault on a staffer.

The Senate Archive files are personnel files, so any complaint would be contained within them.

Can a mod thread-mark this? I feel a lot of people are still getting tripped up by this distinction.

Last edited:

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
I tend to believe all women but why is this coming out now. Biden was VP for 8 years and nothing?

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Opening that up gives "them" much, much more potential angles that can be grossly taken out of context and used against him. Precisely what no one needs right now except Donald Trump.

The goalpost will always be moved. However, I believe being as transparent as possible is good when you are accused of something as damning as rape. Get it all out. It's the least you can do for the victim.

She deserves that much and more.

Last edited:

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
I tend to believe all women but why is this coming out now. Biden was VP for 8 years and nothing?

I don't think that "why now" is question that should ever be asked of abuse survivors.

In this case, Tara Reade did want to report this a long time ago. The possibility of Biden becoming President seems a pertinent time to make a very brave decision to further re-evaluate.

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that "why now" is question that should ever be asked of abuse survivors.

In this case, Tara Reade did want to report this a long time ago. The possibility of Biden becoming President seems a pertinent time to make a very brave decision to further re-evaluate.

Noted.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Reposting from the other thread:

These are the same documents Biden called to release.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If Biden is innocent as he says, this is a great response.

If Biden is not innocent, this is politically the best he can do, morally not.

That said before I jump to any conclusions I'll wait until it's investigated. I believe Tara Reade, now an investigation can look for evidence to prove it happened or not

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused. She said there are records but then there aren't records. So either they never got filed, she remembered wrong or she lied? Is that what these tweets question?
Another reading of the Tweet is that there *is* a record of the complaint, but that she didn't explicitly call it 'assault'.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. She said there are records but then there aren't records. So either they never got filed, she remembered wrong or she lied? Is that what these tweets question?
I don't think there is necessarily a discrepancy there. Mary Bruce notes she "has no record of the complaint" which can be true as she asserts that it's in the National Archives. Assuming "has no record" is referring to whether she has a copy personally.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think there is necessarily a discrepancy there. Mary Bruce notes she "has no record of the complaint" which can be true as she asserts that it's in the National Archives.
Makes sense.

My big question is. If they look at the National Archives and there is no records at all of a complaint of any kind from her about Biden...what next?

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
he starts off by stating the "details" of sexual harassment are "always complicated"
I don't consider that good enough. The man has a problem and I want him to admit it and I want to see progress from him in working it out.

He doesn't respect the personal space of women and girls and there is more than enough evidence and a half hearted "apology". It has everything to do with the validity of the accusation that he is a fucking creep who cannot keep his hands off women and girls.

Just to be clear, I don't consider it good enough either. Just explaining what I can only imagine what Joe and his team's shitty rationale is.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
If you wanna try and convince yourself that Biden is somehow worse than Trump despite everything that has happened these past 4 years then go for it. I'll choose to stay in reality though.

folks are trying to lay blame for the Iraq war on him, despite not being in the chain of command

Likewise for any deaths by the Obama admin, again despite not having any place in the chain of command.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I personally don't see it changing the needle much
Me either. I feel like people have made up their minds and no matter what happens nothing will change it. Biden could come out and say he did it and people would still vote for him. Tara Reade can come out and say she made it all up for some reason and people would still call him a rapist.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Makes sense.

My big question is. If they look at the National Archives and there is no records at all of a complaint of any kind from her about Biden...what next?
It will change nothing here on Era. Some will still say he is guilty and others won't.

But out in the real world such a turn of events will change alot of minds in favor of Biden I think.

folks are trying to lay blame for the Iraq war on him, despite not being in the chain of command

Likewise for any deaths by the Obama admin, again despite not having any place in the chain of command.
I know. It's just people who want him to step down reaching for anything and everything to lay at his feet to support their argument. Which is kind of silly considering the allegations themselves are more than enough to make that case. There is no need to exaggerate or make things up at this point. For me it just makes those people harder to take seriously.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
If a complaint was filed and he's called for the records to be searched, why the outrage?

It seems like a pretty clear case to me, either the records exist or they do not. I honestly don't know what people were expecting, there is nothing wrong with his approach to this. The water gets murky if there isn't a complaint filed but that isn't what has been claimed here, these archives aren't within Biden's control, there is no hiding here.

Outside of saying he did it, nothing he said would have been good enough to satisfy some people regardless of his actual guilt. That is not to say that she is not to be believed but her claims should have a clear audit trail in this case, so his guilt will be determined by the result of this search.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
You're basically high on your own supply if you think this would shift how those states vote. Separate how you think voters should react from how you think they will react.
That is not what I was insinuating. Mearly stating that only a part of potential voters actually had their voices heard.
I have always been critical of staggered elections. Everyone should vote on the same day under the same circumstances and not be influenced by what that other state or person did two weeks ago... That's the reason why in many (most?) places election results or exit polling cannot be published till all polls are closed in order to not influence the people that haven't voted yet.

bickieditches

Aug 5, 2018
User Warned: Hostility
Era: Biden NEEDS to go on the record about this!!!!

Also Era: Nothing that comes from that lying rapist's mouth is good enough, and it doesn't matter what he says!!!

Sheesh, the Biden Derangement Syndrom is crazy here.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
If a complaint was filed and he's called for the records to be searched, why the outrage?

It seems like a pretty clear case to me, either the records exist or they do not. I honestly don't know what people were expecting, there is nothing wrong with his approach to this. The water gets murky if there isn't a complaint filed but that isn't what has been claimed here, these archives aren't within Biden's control, there is no hiding here.

Outside of saying he did it, nothing he said would have been good enough to satisfy some people regardless of his actual guilt. That is not to say that she is not to be believed but her claims should have a clear audit trail in this case, so his guilt will be determined by the result of this search.

Yeah, it seems alot of people in this thread are already convinced that Biden is guilty until proven innocent, instead of letting the investigation of the records play out.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
More like unwanted groping caught on camera over and over and over again. He's gross and boiling it down to just "creepy gifs" is pretty telling.
Again. Not evidence of a CRIME. Regardless how I'd feel around the guy.

People keep trying to emotionally prime others to respond the way they want. I'm not saying he's not handsy or creepy. I'm saying it's not in itself proof of a crime like the gifs are being used to insinuate.

It's the same bullshit thrown at minorities forcing them to dress and speak a certain way so as not to insinuate they're criminals in the eyes of white folks. It's the same as jury trials where lawyers ask leading and bad questions to prime a jury to make a conclusion that hasnt been reached. And if there is no corroborating evidence of Biden committing a crime. Such as... Trump being actually recorded saying he grabs women by the pussy because he's rich, people won't accept the absence of evidence. They'll just continue down the path of categorical guilt.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That is not what I was insinuating. Mearly stating that only a part of potential voters actually had their voices heard.
I have always been critical of staggered elections. Everyone should vote on the same day under the same circumstances and not be influenced by what that other state or person did two weeks ago... That's the reason why in many (most?) places election results or exit polling cannot be published till all polls are closed in order to not influence the people that haven't voted yet.
Staggered elections are a thing to make it so you don't need to spend ridiculous amounts of money in every state in a primary, allowing more room for new challengers and not emptying the coffers of literally everyone running. Of course, challengers with 100% name rec from the start are going to have a massive in-built advantage. I'd agree that the way the primary is stretched out is dumb and ranked choice voting should be a thing to make the process fairer (note, Biden would still win in an all-in-one-day RCV, he'd probably even have won by more, he'd probably even have won an all-in-one-day popular vote as things only changed for Bernie when polling places changed their methodology to explain his rise).

Anyway, I feel like your position on staggered primaries would change had 2016 been an all-on-one day. Cause then there would have been absolutely no push and pull and Hillary would've been elected day one with Bernie having no sway on the party and probably losing by a much larger margin.

All this is to say: why is this even a relevant subject to bring up in this thread?

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Again. Not evidence of a CRIME. Regardless how I'd feel around the guy.

People keep trying to emotionally prime others to respond the way they want. I'm not saying he's not handsy or creepy. I'm saying it's not in itself proof of a crime like the gifs are being used to insinuate.

It's the same bullshit thrown at minorities forcing them to dress and speak a certain way so as not to insinuate they're criminals in the eyes of white folks. It's the same as jury trials where lawyers ask leading and bad questions to prime a jury to make a conclusion that hasnt been reached. And if there is no corroborating evidence of Biden committing a crime. Such as... Trump being actually recorded saying he grabs women by the pussy because he's rich, people won't accept the absence of evidence. They'll just continue down the path of categorical guilt.
You are the only one that brought them up sating they are not evidence of crime.
No one else was implying they were evidence, merely red flags, or indication of questionable behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.