• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
Not backseat moderating in any way, shape, or form here, but these posts are examples of how not to make good arguments in your favor or viewpoint.

1: There 100% are sensitive documents in the Delaware archives. Most of those will be something along the lines of "here's behind the scenes documents on how we made this event, this legislation, whatever, happen". They affect much more than just Joe Biden. They will be released in the future, as per norm. What is almost assuredly not there is documentation about that time he allegedly sexually assaulted a staff member. That doesn't make sense from a preservation standpoint, from a cover-up standpoint, from any standpoint. Calls to go to the Delaware archive from a lot of people seem more like an opposition fishing expedition than a serious attempt to uncover information about this specific event.

2: The "hand-picked library" he made the calls to open is the one that would have anything like this in it. Biden has no control over what they would find in there or how it is presented.

3: Joe Biden has physical disabilities that affect the way he speaks sometimes. This is a known fact and has come up more than once throughout his career. That is a horrific take on determining someone's guilt or innocence, and is a fucked up thing to do, whether these allegations are true or not.

4: It's perfectly okay to not like Joe Biden, to disagree with him, or even to want more information with regards to these allegations against him. But these arguments I quote ain't the right way to go about ANY of this.
Honestly man, chill the hell out and read my posts. I shouldn't have to keep explaining myself

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, let's be honest. Most dems won't give a shit about this. They're cool with assault as long as it's their guy. Now, I do think they will lose some voters over this (I'm not fucking voting for him) but the plan is apparently to try to compensate by getting some moderate Republican voters that aren't comfortable voting for Trump.

On an unrelated note, Trump's biggest opponent in the Republican primary, Bill Weld, has garnered 1 delegate throughout the entire primary.
Dems aren't cool with it because "it's their guy." See Al Franken.
It more like, we have a choice between Trump and Biden. Which one is the bigger monster? Which one poses a significant threat to the country?

That's what it boils down to. You can "protest" and refuse to vote for Biden out of some self righteous belief that it makes you better than those who vote for him. This election isn't about you, it's about the bigger picture. 4 more years of Trump means suffering for millions of people and he's a danger to the country. He's also a serial sexual assaulter to boot.

Dec 23, 2018
User Banned (3 Weeks): Inflammatory point of comparison, ableist rhetoric
It's not that I disagree with your ideals, it's that you don't have the kind of power you need to make such bold assertions. Individually, you simply do not. Individually you are weak. You are small. You are poor. You are (almost) powerless.

It's only together that you can accomplish anything. And the rest of us are down with compromise. We're ok voting for the dude who murdered one person so as to stop the dude who murdered 100. So either you do nothing and help bring Orange Hitler to potentially permanent power and stand aside as he proceeds to kill a guaranteed few hundreds of thousand more people, and potentially millions of people, or you get off your high horse, get some mud on ya, hold your nose, and help save all those lives.

If you have superpowers though, I mean fuck yeah, let's go save the world you and me, and fuck compromise.

Do you have superpowers?
This is bullshit, not voting for Biden does not mean I help bring Orange Hitler to permanent power anymore than not voting for Trump puts stuttering hitler into power.

You are not entitled to my vote and no amount of guilt tripping is going to help.

I know where you are coming from, I made the same arguments to others 4 years ago. 2016s loss radicalized me and if Biden loses to trump this election cycle, I hope it radicalizes a whole lot more of us.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Mind you this is what he does IN FRONT OF CAMERAS. Is it really that hard to imagine that in closed doors he would try to digitally penetrate a woman HE THINKS likes him?

Not that this is exculpatory, but is there any evidence/reporting at all about Biden cheating on his wife? You'd think something would have came up between three Presidential campaigns and the vetting Obama's team did (who did turn up a lot on Hunter Biden that they flagged as potentially a problem). We knew about Clinton, Trump, Cosby, Weinstein, etc being serial womanizers for sure.

As a Senator Biden went home to Delaware on the Amtrak nearly every night and was at 8200+ roundtrips by the time his Vice-Presidency ended.

The whole idea that he's some sort of sexual predator getting his jollies by hugging and kissing people on the back of the neck has never completely added up to me, nor has the idea that Biden's somehow way more competent than Bill Clinton, etc at covering things up when we all know he's a human gaffe machine. 1993 was after Bill Clinton and the Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas hearings, so going around assaulting people in the Senate hallways wouldn't have been a smart thing for someone who clearly still had Presidential ambitions.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
It's not that I disagree with your ideals, it's that you don't have the kind of power you need to make such bold assertions. Individually, you simply do not. Individually you are weak. You are small. You are poor. You are (almost) powerless.

It's only together that you can accomplish anything. And the rest of us are down with compromise. We're ok voting for the dude who murdered one person so as to stop the dude who murdered 100. So either you do nothing and help bring Orange Hitler to potentially permanent power and stand aside as he proceeds to kill a guaranteed few hundreds of thousand more people, and potentially millions of people, or you get off your high horse, get some mud on ya, hold your nose, and help save all those lives.

If you have superpowers though, I mean fuck yeah, let's go save the world you and me, and fuck compromise.

Do you have superpowers?

Nonsense. Berating and mocking people for not wanting to vote for a rapist.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I feel like these gifs need repeating in every thread on the subject... They all make my skin crawl... Red flags galore...

7ymVTMf.gif
im9L6V2.gif
9gtcryZ.gif
Yz96b0D.gif
xVOpKRB.gif
Ko9h8xZ.gif
DYZ4z9J.gif
v6fpFlF.gif

bidengifs

The thing is I really want to go canvassing and campaigning against Trump during the election. I just refuse to do so for a sexual predator. Please resign.

Seeing those little girls so uncomfortable around him makes me so angry at him.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
This is bullshit, not voting for Biden does not mean I help bring Orange Hitler to permanent power anymore than not voting for Trump puts stuttering hitler into power.

You are not entitled to my vote and no amount of guilt tripping is going to help.

I know where you are coming from, I made the same arguments to others 4 years ago. 2016s loss radicalized me and if Biden loses to trump this election cycle, I hope it radicalizes a whole lot more of us.
Of course you're radicalized if you think Joe fucking Biden is basically Hitler.

But what you should have learned from 2016 is that a loss to someone devastatingly awful to our country and fellow citizens like Trump doesn't radicalize most people. It makes them seek safety in much larger numbers. They want to make the hurt stop by any means possible. They want to lower the risk that the hurt would continue. In doing so they go for people like Biden.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

"Stuttering Hitler"

Holy fucking shit are you serious right now? Is this seriously where we are now?

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, let's be honest. Most dems won't give a shit about this.

I think enough will care to make him lose. Progressives make up a decent portion of the party now and this kind of thing will keep them home. I'm more interested in all the other politicians that go down with him by hand waving sex assault allegations. This is a severe blow to thier moral high ground that will stain them for a very long time.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Conspiracy theorizing, dismissing sexual assault allegations
Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but has there been any confirmation or denial that Tara Reade or people connected to her reached out to Donald Trump or were contacted by those associated with Trump?

Trump has numerous known sexual harassments and assaults but yet nothing made him step down (see: the Access Hollywood tapes). The whole situation smells like Trump's attempts to deflect and play dirty and Tara Reade seems willing to play a part in it if there is a connection.

Trump couldn't investigate Biden with Ukraine due to Trump's impeachable actions, but was vindicated by the people in his own party that are in Congress. So he'll go after Biden with this.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Trump already came out yesterday and said "Bitches be lying tho". He's never going to use this in a targeted way because of his own history, he'll leave that to Mitch and his online mob:

Trump on Reade's allegation against Biden: "I don't know anything about it. I don't know exactly. I think he should respond. It could be false accusations. I know all about false accusations. I've been falsely charged numerous times. There is such a thing."

Given that the entire Democratic party already came out in support of Biden this month, it was clear that he was going to deny the allegations. Doing so in a way that doesn't deny agency or presume motive is probably the best way he could've addressed it:

WaPo said:
Asked what he would say to Reade directly if he could talk to her, Biden responded, "This never ever happened. I don't know what is motivating her."

WaPo said:
"While the details of these allegations of sexual harassment and sexual assault are complicated, two things are not complicated. One is that women deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, and when they step forward they should be heard, not silenced. The second is that their stories should be subject to appropriate inquiry and scrutiny," he said in his statement.

WaPo said:
Biden also attacked President Trump, saying "we have lived long enough with a President who doesn't think he is accountable to anyone, and takes responsibility for nothing. That's not me. I believe being accountable means having the difficult conversations, even when they are uncomfortable. People need to hear the truth."

Boxxy

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So he's saying that Reade is lying about an assault. Not sure why in the world she would do this but whatever. This is so bad for Dems. Another molester and chief but unlike Republicans who fall in line regardless, Dems have a large portion of supporters that just despise molesters. I think he loses.

Time to move lol. Can't wait to retire from the service and hightail it.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All that I got from that statement is: "Its important to believe women and abuse survivors just not this one."

Like I didnt even expect him to own it but still what a fucking mess. I'd be legitimately shocked if Biden wins.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but has there been any confirmation or denial that Tara Reade or people connected to her reached out to Donald Trump or were contacted by those associated with Trump?

Trump has numerous known sexual harassments and assaults but yet nothing made him step down (see: the Access Hollywood tapes). The whole situation smells like Trump's attempts to deflect and play dirty and Tara Reade seems willing to play a part in it if there is a connection.

Trump couldn't investigate Biden with Ukraine due to Trump's impeachable actions, but was vindicated by the people in his own party that are in Congress. So he'll go after Biden with this.

Not cool.

Dec 16, 2017
Two choices this Election, Trump or Biden. Not voting for Biden is saying you prefer Trump, who by all accounts is worse then what Biden is being accused of. Biden could admit it, and I would still vote for him. Trump is such a danger to future of this country that he must go by any means. He wins, say goodbye to the Supreme Court, Civil Rights, and Roe Vs Wade. Hold your nose and vote for whats best for everyone.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This is all a mess. Jesus.

I don't blame anyone for not supporting another round of white supremacy and priviledge. I just watched a little girl beaten up by police. That is t changing with Biden. A lot of people's problems aren't.

It's gunna suck. We're just going negative rock bottom as a nation. But this is something to put your foot down on.

Things are going to be ugly if Trump wins again. But this is where we are as a nation it seems. Our system needs change fundamentally and maybe surviving fascism will make new laws and societal change. Get people off the fence for it.

Last edited:

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Two choices this Election, Trump or Biden. Not voting for Biden is saying you prefer Trump, who by all accounts is worse then what Biden is being accused of. Biden could admit it, and I would still vote for him. Trump is such a danger to future of this country that he must go by any means. He wins, say goodbye to the Supreme Court, Civil Rights, and Roe Vs Wade. Hold your nose and vote for whats best for everyone.
Pretty sure this thread is about a rape allegation not debating which rapist is the better rapist

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Records, congress regularly took part in and turned a blind eye to legislative offices coming to settlements and handing out non-disclosure agreements to sexual harassment victims up until like three years ago.

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There's a billion things you can hit Biden with. Let's not resort to calling him out for his stutter.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
Dems aren't cool with it because "it's their guy." See Al Franken.
It more like, we have a choice between Trump and Biden. Which one is the bigger monster? Which one poses a significant threat to the country?

That's what it boils down to. You can "protest" and refuse to vote for Biden out of some self righteous belief that it makes you better than those who vote for him. This election isn't about you, it's about the bigger picture. 4 more years of Trump means suffering for millions of people and he's a danger to the country. He's also a serial sexual assaulter to boot.
It took seven women coming forward after a credible allegation before Dems did anything about Franken.

And if Joe loses to Trump, that's Joe's fault. The one thing he's supposed to do is get people to vote for him. If he can't do that, how is that anyone's fault but his?

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Or the Democrats could get someone that isn't an alleged rapist? Doesn't come across as a creepy with his quite frankly numerous clips of groping young girls or sniffing heads.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017

Not voting for either is just that - not voting for either.

It is completely acceptable that some people do not wish to vote for a rapist. Just as it is completely acceptable that some people (especially victims of sexual assault and those most at risk of potential policies), see voting for Biden as something they have to do despite reservations.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

Tara Reade isn't a Trump pawn, get out of here with that theorising. There is literally nothing to indicate any connection with Trump.

You're free to do with your vote as you please, and if you can't vote for Biden because of the allegations then that's your choice.

However boasting about being radicalised isn't a good look. And consider that the Overton window is shifted through governance and activism. Empty activism from an untenable position does literally nothing.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
You're very unlikely to find anything in the Delaware papers.

But I'd just open them just to give one less angle of attack.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty clear the messaging and appearance was for a more representative group than this thread or twitter poli's, that's for sure.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
You guys were expecting him to admit to a crime? He knows that evidence of this assault would be very difficult to find hence his call for opening the archive.

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're very unlikely to find anything in the Delaware papers.

But I'd just open them just to give one less angle of attack.

Opening that up gives "them" much, much more potential angles that can be grossly taken out of context and used against him. Precisely what no one needs right now except Donald Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.