• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jul 24, 2018
Ah, this reminds me of Bale

I want you off the fucking set you pr***. No don't just be sorry, think for one fucking second.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
the trailers looked really good, but all the promotional/marketing stuff has been really weird.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why you would take any dramatic interview moment with Joaquin at face value knowing that Joaquin's appearance on Letterman was a performance.

As for why it grabs headlines and highlights Joaquin's commitment to acting, fooled or not.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
This seems like the best possible evidence that the press just has some kind of bizarre hate-boner for the movie. I can't believe that they're trying to pass this obvious comedy bit off as some kind of insane abusive rant in the vein of David O. Russell or Christian Bale. It's framed as a total "gotcha", but then they try to weasel out of it in the final sentence with "Oh this might not be real". By that point they've already got their click though.

Man the press been extra weird about this film
It's been bizarre to witness

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised it took this long to issue the statement. People were raking Jimmy over the coals on social media for playing the clip.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
He's no Harmony Korrine, nor Captain Beef heart. Those two are the high water mark for awkward interviews. Also a fan of Tig Notaro's sliding stool bit on Conan.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
That was very uncomfortable. I feel bad for Joaquin being blindsided by it and that being the end of the interview. What a shitty way to go out.
And I had a roommate that was one of those kids with some cardboard in his bedroom. He took it pretty serious too.

I'd wager he hates Kimmel's guts now. If he didn't before. lol

edit: oh.

Last edited:

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Joaquin in the interview : "I love observing people thinking about the uncertain"

then proceeds with a 100% bullshit outtake in order to just do that from his home, reading internet comments

well played sir, well played

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I don't get this at all. It was too subtle to be funny, not outrageous enough to cause a stir, they went back on it really quickly..... Just. why?

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that the OP flat Out refused to update the op and thread title with very relevant new information and now is pushing "this is still real, saying it is fake is damage control" makes it clear imo that this thread was not made to have a discussion but instead was made by op to try and push a narrative.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, of course it was a hoax - you could tell that from the get go if you watched the damn interview properly. People are so gullible these days...

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that the OP flat Out refused to update the op and thread title with very relevant new information and now is pushing "this is still real, saying it is fake is damage control" makes it clear imo that this thread was not made to have a discussion but instead was made by op to try and push a narrative.

Not the first time on this site, wont be the last. This place needs to have some kind of reputation system in place to counter disengenious posting behavior.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
looks like they decided to damage control it after it became viral and blew up on their face

I am sure this obvious hoax was in fact actually jimmy kimmel somehow getting his hands on footage that didn't leak on the internet, showing it without warning at an interview that is prerecorded, and letting it air afterwords to just assassinate any possible reputation between them, and definitely not something obviously planned to get a lot of views

you are very intelligent, arthands.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Not the first time on this site, wont be the last. This place needs to have some kind of reputation system in place to counter disengenious posting behavior.

I fear that would just lead to stuff like people wanting an easy mode in dark souls to get a low reputation or something like that.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
having only watched the video now....

how could anyone in their right mind think that was serious?
it's jimmy kimmel for fucks sake.

seemed like he was parodying christian bale's classic baleout