• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaloskatoa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Universal will keep their plans of building a harry potter section in their new park. That woman is becoming worse each day.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Oh boy. Harry Potter was a huge part of my childhood and the first book was the first full book (as in not illustrated or comic book) I've ever read.

That said, I'm glad I currently don't own these books and won't buy anything else from her. She keeps getting worse and worse in my eyes everyday. Such a disappointment.

All of her books (including Cormoran Strike), my Harry Potter Blu-ray collection and some wand thingy I got from my day trip to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour have been put into a bag and left outside a charity shop.

Funnily enough, upon glancing at the other bags, I saw 'The Philosophers Stone' sitting on the top of one. I hope that person had the same thought process as I did...

As a teacher, I find myself reeling whenever I see those books in our school library.

I wonder if Universal will keep their plans of building a harry potter section in their new park. That woman is becoming worse each day.

If they had any morales, they would close the current section down altogether!

Last edited:

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 11796

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly after all this I'm kinda done with Harry Potter as an IP.

It's already difficult enough to "separate art from the artist" as it is without the creator having her hand up the ass of every bit of Harry Potter content.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
So disappointing to see JK go this way. My daughter who is almost 11 idolised her. She wants to be an author. Now I've explained what a piece of shit she is super disappointed but at least grown up to realise that isn't someone to want to emulate.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Would she would just fucking apparate to the fucking moon already.

She's just an utterly vile human being. Utter weapon.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

She found a tweet from someone with 48 followers making a joke and broadcasted it as ifthat's the dominant narrative

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
There is so much wrong with that statement that I'm just kind've baffled. Like, antidepressants are not supposed to be used as last resorts in treatment. And the things hormone treatment addresses aren't things that can really be fixed in therapy. I know these things are common sense to people in this thread but it's just so stupid and ignorant.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
So disappointing to see JK go this way. My daughter who is almost 11 idolised her. She wants to be an author. Now I've explained what a piece of shit she is super disappointed but at least grown up to realise that isn't someone to want to emulate.

I think it's an important lesson. Some of the people that have created some of the biggest and most influential pieces of fiction in the history of the world are bigoted and gross. I certainly won't look at Harry Potter the same way. I hope your daughter does become an author though.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's an important lesson. Some of the people that have created some of the biggest and most influential pieces of fiction in the history of the world are bigoted and gross. I certainly won't look at Harry Potter the same way. I hope your daughter does become an author though.
Its certainly been a lesson in seperating the art from the artist that's for sure. And thank you. She's super smart so u reckon she will do whatever she wants to do. Still time to change her mind and do something else. We will see what high school brings...shudders

Ghostswillpass

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest, many people here are still going to support her work. No matter what people say, once their morals get in the way of buying something they want, their morals get a bit more flexible.

I not trying to call anyone out, I just find it upsetting and frustrating. I'm of the mind that there are no piece of media good enough to warrant supporting a transphobic piece of shit like JK Rowling.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
This is the viewpoint of all TERFs. Every single one, no matter how "I care about the trans community" they get. You can always catch them in some conspiracy theory or outright shitty viewpoint. Some just try to hide it more than others.

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
RE: posting a screenshot of a tweet from someone with 48 followers: Internet shitheads love to namesearch themselves and then share any criticism/people venting about them that haven't even tagged them to support a narrative that they are being victimised by a mob. This pretty much always ends up sending mobs at those people with very few followers and then the big account using the very implausible deniability of not technically telling people to abuse that person to claim they did nothing to encourage the harrassment.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck JK Rowling. I almost can't believe she keeps getting worse. It's sorta empty of me to say it but I will never buy anything JK Rowling related as I haven't done in the past.

Surely someone who is as obscenely wealthy as her can think of a better use of their time than being a hateful bigot.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Man, fuck her. Fuck Harry Potter too. She has shown repeatedly that she refuses to hear any opinion outside of what will invigorate her own hatred. The amount of energy she puts into making people feel like absolute trash all while playing that she is the victim....fuck. She believes she's a Hermione but she's actually the bad guy.

I was about to give my Harry Potter books to my niece to continue encouraging her reading. They can go in a box.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
She's like the English Notch. Why are almost all the people with fuck you money on the wrong side of the fence?

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
What is wrong with her? Why can't she just admit that she is transphobic and start to educate herself?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Let's not forget the pen name "Robert Galbraith" she chose for her transphobic book series:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Galbraith_Heath#Gay_conversion_therapy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Galbraith_(pen_name)

She thinks she's slick—and it worked on a lot of people for a while, until the mask was fully off.
She chose the pseudonym of a psychiatrist who used gay conversion therapy? And her publisher was apparently fine with this? Oh, what a lovely woman.
The most you will ever see from Universal/Warner Bros. is a "strongly worded" rebuke of her stances. There is no way in hell either will give up the cash cow that is Wizarding World.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
We're all shades of grey and I think JK Rowling is showing us what happens when the darkness wins and a person's moral shade gets darker and darker.

She whined and scoffed at people calling her Voldemort but honestly, while she might not be magic hitler himself, she sounds very much like a death eater. Just substitute muggles with trans people.

Oct 30, 2017
Rowling has all the chips. All the money, all the power, all the platform.
By definition she will become a worse and worse human being.
She has nothing left to do with her life, and nowhere to go but to punch downward from a castle and think "I deserve all this."

I used to think my generation's obsession with this bitch and her overwritten treacle was just an irritant to roll my eyes and feign tolerance about. Now I wish we'd been grown up enough to dump her 20 years ago.

Freezeezy

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Defending Transphobia; Account in Junior Phase
She just tweeted that retweet is FAKE. PHONY. FRAUDULENT.

Ya'll are a sorry bunch. You're just mad at this point eager for some actual wrong-doing on her part.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
She's going off about detransitioners and accusing trans activists of lying about the dangers of hormone therapy christ.