• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck her and anyone that hears this and still supports her. Fuck her game, fuck her books and fuck the companies that choose to do business with her.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yo what the fuck is there "to heal"??? I don't know much about the subject but isn't the best treatment for gender dysphoria (I think thats what its called?) to take the necessary medicines and transition? All I ever see from suppression and wack therapy is transgender folks killing themselves. Not to mention antidepressants are life savers (I know first hand). FUCK JK Rowling and the dumb fuck who made the tweet.

That's the craziest part. For someone who's transgender, taking hormones can literally be the healing they need for their mind.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yo what the fuck is there "to heal"??? I don't know much about the subject but isn't the best treatment for gender dysphoria (I think thats what its called?) to take the necessary medicines and transition? All I ever see from suppression and wack therapy is transgender folks killing themselves. Not to mention antidepressants are life savers (I know first hand). FUCK JK Rowling and the dumb fuck who made the tweet.

While there are plenty of trans people who are perfectly happy without medication, as well as those who don't suffer from dysphoria, medication is an extremely crucial treatment for a lot of us. What is most assuredly not a good treatment is conversion therapy, which is kind of the vibe I'm getting from that tweet.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone who has done any kind of research into transgender healthcare, it's history, and what the accepted standard medical research and recommendations are it evolved over time. They used to think it was mental health and treated that but it didn't work. Then it changed to still being a medical issue (which as a trans person I think it is a medical issue at least that's how I look at it myself, won't speak for others) but one of the brain and body developing in opposition instead of harmony, so they treated that but still tried to convert the brain. Still didn't work and trans people still were not getting helped. So they then began medically altering the body to match the brain, and lo and behold while it didn't solve everything suicide rates went down and the health both physical and mental of those who were treated that way improved drastically. And this isn't new just in the past transitioned people tried to hide under the radar and it wasn't the hot button political issue it has become.

Hell we used to have lots of research thanks to German doctors until the Nazis destroyed it all (funny that considering who's working to legislatively harm us now) setting research back decades.

So terfs in general and Rowling in particular are not only wrong shitheads, but all their appeals to science and medical "facts" is in direct opposition to, you know, actual Science and medical facts.

But since she is so willing to give me free medical advice I am willing to give her some, while some may argue the cure is worse than the disease I have it on expert opinon that terfness, hell most bigotry can be cured instantly with self inflicted lead poisoning.

Eat shit JK.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
I've said this previously but I AM NO LONGER FUNDING THIS BIGOT IN ANYWAY.

Last edited:

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Why should it be a last resort? It's my body. Estradiol isn't a sacred resource, we're not gonna run out.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Should have stuck to trying to write villains instead of becoming one, Karen.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
"I finally have enough money to last me a lifetime, might as well finally come out as full bigot."

I hate this woman so much.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
She just keeps on digging

post-77647-0-74836100-1416026348.gif

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly curious how much further she'll go, she just keeps digging deeper. Will she reach the point of the Harry Potter license just isn't worth it to be associated with her and companies full-on terminate contracts? Is there even a bottom? Fuck JK Rowling.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
It's one thing to be indifferent to the plight of marginalized people but to be vitriolic and vindictive like this is another level. Congrats JK, welcome to the asshole Hall of fame. What a shitstain.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Ignorant about trans issues and mental health all in one go, well done JK and by that I mean go step on a lego.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
So she wasn't just content to bash trans people, but also now feels the need to take digs at people who are depressed?

How absolutely disgusting. All you had to do was admit you were wrong about trans rights, but instead you just keep on digging that hole.

I'm not buying any Harry Potter merch while she still holds the IP. It just wouldn't feel right at all to me.

Sorry to all the Trans people on era. You seriously don't deserve any of this.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
She should mind her own business. So much time wasted on hate. How disgraceful.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This woman is richer than God and could be doing literally anything imaginable and instead she scours Twitter all day for her hate speech acceptance.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Wasn't she one of the big proponents of mental health care when that dumbass kickboxer from Big Brother said depression wasn't real?

Fuck this shit.

Oct 26, 2017
We are way past the point that Warner Brothers and Scholastic should have spoken out against her tweets. This is infuriating that nothing is going to stop her rich ass. However, I don't give a fuck if she changes her views at this point. I just want her to shut up and stop spreading her bullshit to her 10 million+ viewers. She needs deplatformed.

I'm honestly curious how much further she'll go, she just keeps digging deeper. Will she reach the point of the Harry Potter license just isn't worth it to be associated with her and companies full-on terminate contracts? Is there even a bottom? Fuck JK Rowling.
This is where I'm at/what I'm wondering.

MrTowel

Oct 25, 2017
That miku tweet just needs to be like auto tagged or something in any jkr thread, this happens every time.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking tired of this woman's bullshit, and now that the whole world knows and can't deny how much of a TERF she is her shit is only going to get worse. Just waiting for her to appear on some podium to explain to a audience of TERFs why trans women are secretly the devil's minions coming to take away your children or some shit.

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
I guess JK will never learn to shut the fuck up , fucking Christ , Fuck HP at this point , evil, stupid person.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Twitter got rid of Graham Linehan. Can they get rid of her?

If she starts misgendering/harassing other Twitter users or advocates violence against trans people than yes.

But I have a feeling she's smarter than Linehan was and will guise her hate in polite conversation and "protecting women."

Linehan kind of went bonkers and continued to dig his hole even deeper. His ban was not an unprecedented event.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming JK Rowling used birth control at some point in her life, but now all hormone based medicine is bad? She can fuck off.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
So gross. I'm sure this is what's going to finally get all the gamers so excited for their Harry Potter Game to finally not buy in, uh huh. Spineless lot

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
son: this Harry Potter series is great, dad

dad: it is indeed, son

son: who made it?

dad: no one. it came from space
Hopefully we can get our kids into reading with a better series.

Not one with several racist subtexts, pretty much no people of colour or non-straight characters, and an overall message that is essentially "maintain the status quo, even if society has slavery, racism, capitalism, etc."

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also wtf at antidepressents being a last resort? That's not true at all, antidepressents are one of the first things prescribed to people suffering from depression/anxiety/PTSD.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
God it's so depressing liking this franchise and the concept while knowing that her horrible views run through the text.

I know she doesn't deserve any more money but I wish WB would just buy the whole franchise. Put better people to build the world.

Deleted member 11796

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God it's so depressing liking this franchise and the concept while knowing that her horrible views run through the text.

I know she doesn't deserve any more money but I wish WB would just buy the whole franchise. Put better people to build the world.

There's no amount of money that would get her to part with Harry Potter. That shit is going to the grave with her.

Oct 26, 2017
If she starts misgendering/harassing other Twitter users or advocates violence against trans people than yes.

But I have a feeling she's smarter than Linehan was and will guise her hate in polite conversation and "protecting women."

Linehan kind of went bonkers and continued to dig his hole even deeper. His ban was not an unprecedented event.
You're spot on and that's what makes her shit more unbearable. We all know what she is doing, but she does in it a way that keeps her safe. She'll be able to keep going.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how Warner Brothers can get by with just that generic PR statement they put out a few weeks ago, this is literally indefensible.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
It's wild that someone that wrote under a pen name because they thought they wouldn't be accepted... is not very accepting herself.
The author of something that I grew up with believes that people like me should be subject to conversion therapy. Got it.
I half-expect Rowling to be liking tweets calling for literal shock therapy for trans people within the week.

Let's not forget the pen name "Robert Galbraith" she chose for her transphobic book series:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Galbraith_Heath#Gay_conversion_therapy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Galbraith_(pen_name)

She thinks she's slick—and it worked on a lot of people for a while, until the mask was fully off.