• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
The mask is off, now all can see what a horrible, disgustingly hateful person she has been all along. Fuck JK Rowling and fuck TERFS, all transphobes should be launched into the sun. The world would be better off. Do not support anything with her name on it.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Trans-friendly politicians in the UK got routed at the election - the SNP beat the leader of the pro-trans Lib Dems (who had spend a lot of the election on the radio being shouted at by TERFs for arguing for self-determination laws being made fairer), for example. Not surprising if Rowling is not the only prominent person to think they've won the argument and can stop hiding their opinions.

Hopefully 2020 can be a year where this trend can be taken on and routed for good.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
The only good 4chan post strikes again!

BiO6DlG.jpg
Ooffff now this is a new one for me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Mumsnet trying to float TRA as a defiant reaction to TERF is pretty hilarious.

Trans Rights Activist doesn't quite have the sting they're going for...

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Well, I'm gonna kinda feel uncomfortable when I'm at the Harry Potter lands/rides at Universal now.
Yup, though it's been like that for a while
At least with Minecraft, we can still support the game because he sold it off and doesn't receive any money from it anymore, but here ? It's a shame, since not everything needs to be thrown away in HP
fuck TERFs

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen the British media? If not, don't.

The US Guardian staff basically wrote an editorial yelling at the UK Guardian to be less of a transphobic shit paper, and that's the Guardian for fuck's sake.

Anyway I heard when TERFs need to use the loo they just shit where they're standing and say "look what a trans person made me do."

Then they say "Vanish me poopum" and their heads disappear. And there was much rejoicing.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, this lady is making me hate Harry Potter at this point.

She really has done an incredible job of ruining the franchise. The background stuff she wrote about magic in America for the first Fantastic Beasts was shit, the second Fantastic Beasts' was shit, and The Cursed Child was shit.

But all of that would have been somewhat tolerable if she weren't a shit person.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
HPMOR is better anyway; I don't need to reread these books.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True but I guess thought of it as the main driver, though I guess when I think about it makes sense since Homophobia is present in Asian countries where Abrahamic religion is pretty non-existent.
Well you pretty much pointed out yourself why tying anti-trans bigotry to religion is flawed and US-centric. Even the term 'TERF' is pretty disconnected from religious zealotry because it implies someone is a 'radical feminist' who hates trans people and those folks usually aren't diehard religious zealots to begin with.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I always love the concern over people being fired for 'just speaking the truth,' but when minorities or those in the LQBTQ are fired for just being who they are then an employer all of a sudden has the right.

'Dress however you please.' Fuck yourself, JK.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The person who was sacked is just so ignorant..

It's my personal view that "bunch of shit that's not even scientifically sound at all"

Not just transphobic, but denies the existence of intersex individuals etc. Plus the obvious fact that biological sex at birth is different from gender, as evidenced by the existence of trans people. The psychology of transphobia is so hard to grasp. Even if you're confused or don't understand it... Why die on this hill?? Clearly people exist. Clearly they are marginalized. Clearly they are a small minority that will in all likelihood have almost no effect on your day to day life.

Is it just the power of punching down??

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
This has been such an obvious "secret" for years. Rowling has long been in the "Liberal" shit head pit

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trans-exclusionary radical feminist. It is used to describe feminists who express ideas that other feminists consider transphobic, such as the claim that trans women are not women, opposition to transgender rights and exclusion of trans women from women's spaces and organizations.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Now that Rowling has swept away any and all ambiguity about her transphobia, I can't help but wonder how many Christian churches who formerly condemned her work as "sorcery" are now going to be like: "Actually, Harry Potter can teach us valuable moral lessons!" 🙄

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
she means in the sense that your genitals/chromosome dictate what bathroom you can use
I am fine with whatever sex/gender goes into the bathroom, but I admit I would give a weird look look seeing someone of the female sex (no matter the gender) trying to do their #1 business in the urinal instead of the toilet. Does that make me a bit transphobic (honest question)? T_T

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I am fine with whatever sex/gender goes into the bathroom, but I admit I would give a weird look look seeing someone of the female sex (no matter the gender) trying to do her #1 business in the urinal instead of the toilet. Does that make me a bit transphobic (honest question)? T_T
1. Saying "no matter the gender" and then "her" right afterwards makes no sense. If it's a trans guy in question, it's not a "her"
2. People use stand to pee devices if they want

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am fine with whatever sex/gender goes into the bathroom, but I admit I would give a weird look look seeing someone of the female sex (no matter the gender) trying to do her #1 business in the urinal instead of the toilet. Does that make me a bit transphobic (honest question)? T_T

Yeah, but you at least have the self-awareness to ask "is this wrong" so you can at least disabuse yourself of that more easily than someone really entrenched in TERF ideology

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
She should have stuck to saying Wizards shat on the floor.

Dowright disgusting to see the author of one of the series that best served me in my childhood turn out this way.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Saying "female sex, no matter the gender" then saying "her" is a bit muddled. This coupled with the fact it makes you feel weird might make it a good idea to come to one of the community groups on Era and just have a conversation with people to understand a little better.

I wouldn't say you're necessarily transphobic, but there is some ignorance here and some reactions that could lead to that.

You're welcome in the non-binary thread to talk to us about gender any time.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am fine with whatever sex/gender goes into the bathroom, but I admit I would give a weird look look seeing someone of the female sex (no matter the gender) trying to do their #1 business in the urinal instead of the toilet. Does that make me a bit transphobic (honest question)? T_T

My friend, they don't have urinals in the women's restroom.

crowphoenix

Oct 27, 2017
They would go to the toilet. Same as me and my dong usually do. They aren't going to spray and pray.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm surprised there is no response/blacklash against warner and univeral with their properties. Is it just a point that she makes too much money for them?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
She should really be concerned the amount of alt-right figureheads commenting on her tweet agreeing with her if she really considers herself progressive.

There's a really weird mass paranoia brewing amongst a lot of British feminists TERFS in media / politics right now and they're just being openly transphobic like any of their concerns make any sense.

It's absolutely disgusting to see, why are these women so worried about trans folks? They're nasty women. The other big occurrence this year I can think of is TERF being brought up in parliament as a misogynistic term because of SonicFox's Mortal Kombat video.