• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
So she had an abusive husband so now chooses to use her platform to millions to make the lives of Trans people harder. Right.

Bee.Cups

The Fallen
I stopped buying Harry Potter products a few years ago when this first came to light, it's a real shame, I'd be very interested in getting the illustrated books or the upcoming rpg but I'm not giving this woman one red cent. Hopefully someone can get the property away from her in the future, until then oh well.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I really don't like JKR but the bullshit she does and says doesn't spoil my enjoyment of HP, does that make me a bad person? I feel like I've never associated her with the books/films despite her being the author, it's my absolute favourite book series and I couldn't imagine never reading it again.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Literally threw away our Harry Potter books last night. Replaced them with Percy Jackson books, a series we had been interested in for a while.

Put them next to the Rainbow Rowell's Simon Snow series. Which also has queer major characters.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like JKR but the bullshit she does and says doesn't spoil my enjoyment of HP, does that make me a bad person? I feel like I've never associated her with the books/films despite her being the author, it's my absolute favourite book series and I couldn't imagine never reading it again.

It is perfectly fine to enjoy HP regardless of JK Rowling's bullshit. I don't think anybody should stop enjoying the series, but rather take this as an opportunity to acknowledge its faults.

I think the problem would come from supporting JK Rowling's further endeavors and giving her more money.

And if you find you are going to still support her with your money somehow in the future, then at the very least donate double what was spent on whatever you spend to a trans charity.

Literally threw away our Harry Potter books last night. Replaced them with Percy Jackson books, a series we had been interested in for a while.

Put them next to the Rainbow Rowell's Simon Snow series. Which also has queer major characters.

I did the EXACT same thing. I had ordered the Percy Jackson books when the D+ series was announced and they arrived the day after JK made her initial comments last week. Shoved her books off my shelf and added Percy Jackson and a new book called "Bonds of Brass" by Emily Skrutskie which also feature queer characters.

How is the Simon Snow series?

I was waiting for this video!

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
It is perfectly fine to enjoy HP regardless of JK Rowling's bullshit. I don't think anybody should stop enjoying the series, but rather take this as an opportunity to acknowledge its faults.

I think the problem would come from supporting JK Rowling's further endeavors and giving her more money.

And if you find you are going to still support her with your money somehow in the future, then at the very least donate double what was spent on whatever you spend to a trans charity.

I did the EXACT same thing. I had ordered the Percy Jackson books when the D+ series was announced and they arrived the day after JK made her initial comments last week. Shoved her books off my shelf and added Percy Jackson and a new book called "Bonds of Brass" by Emily Skrutskie which also feature queer characters.

How is the Simon Snow series?

I was waiting for this video!

The Simon Snow series is excellent. You can tell its inspired by Harry Potter, but really does its own thing with it. The main character has very human reactions to the kind of pressure a character like HP would have. The way magic works in the books is really interesting too.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Simon Snow series is excellent. You can tell its inspired by Harry Potter, but really does its own thing with it. The main character has very human reactions to the kind of pressure a character like HP would have. The way magic works in the books is really interesting too.

Oh it sounds fun! I've had it on my wish list for awhile but never ordered it because I have a mountain of books I need to read. Just placed an order for Carry On. ty so much!

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
It's satisfying to see how well adjusted the main trio of the HP films are. They all grew up to be good people and are refreshingly scandal free.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Oh it sounds fun! I've had it on my wish list for awhile but never ordered it because I have a mountain of books I need to read. Just placed an order for Carry On. ty so much!
Fantastic! I hope you enjoy it.

You know now that I'm thinking about it I wonder if we should have a YA fiction thread on here...

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I predict that a couple of months from now, JKR will claim she has been trapped in a magical trunk since the publication of Goblet of Fire, and that the final three books and transphobic insanity was the work of an IMPOSTER named Robert Galbraith who used polyjuice potion! She will disavow the manifesto, and rewrite the final three HP books, removing all the problematic stuff, and addressing the social issues within the HP universe.

The fans believe her. The books are written in crayon on the insides of old cereal boxes, and consist mostly of crude images and grease stains.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Graham Linehan continues to be a vile gremlin.

It's "easy" to cut ties with a rich woman who could have kept them in work for decades if she ever decided to green-light a sequel series?

It's "right" to deny people human rights, dignity, and respect?

What planet are these people on

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I kinda feel like when I played the first mass effect when ashley was a super racist the whole game. I had 2 choices for who to let die and it was between her and a human stick figure so I picked her without hesitation. Later I found out she had an arc where it turned out "my dad died in a war against aliens" and i still didn't regret my decision.

I guess what i'm saying is, we all fucking suffer and being a victim doesn't give you any more right to create more victims. If anything it pisses me off as someone with trauma to hear that being a justification like it gives you the fucking right to feel that way. Also fuck glinner but at this point he's been told "you're a piece of shit" so much he wants to literally be a human sewer. He's rather die then grow, it's a fucking embarrassment but you see this behavior all the time from entitled rich people

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see any way I can ever really enjoy Harry Potter again. I was never the biggest fan to begin with. I loved the books as a kid, and watched the movies, but I was excited to try out the upcoming game and try to get back into the fandom. That's dead now. She's been horrible for a while now, but this past week has been a new low. The fact that she tries to disguise her Transphobia as protecting women and Feminism is just disgusting.

The only bright side in all of this is that the actors seem to be actually decent people. I hope their reach is wider then Rowling's and that most will see her for the hateful bigot she is.

May 26, 2018
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but even more to punch down on minorities." -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 20th Anniversary Edition

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
It sucks so much how much of a pos jk is now (probably always was?), but I'll still try and enjoy the movies as I will try and separate those from her/the books. Not sure about going back to read the books anymore though :/ Maybe she'll change one day but the damage has been done unfortunately.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Can this bitch just shut the fuck up? Imagine being so rich and hateful you spend all your free time debasing an entire group of people using pseudoscience because you are a children's book author that has zero understanding of science and psychology.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Can this bitch just shut the fuck up? Imagine being so rich and hateful you spend all your free time debasing an entire group of people using pseudoscience because you are a children's book author that has zero understanding of science and psychology.

You don't understand. She's a hero fighting those fake-women-who-are-also-toilet-rapists (FWWAATP for short) and the brainwashed masses who have fallen for their slick lies about trans teen suicide and the like.

It's really, really tough for her to see so many people declare their hatred of her, despite having taken the time to write an, nay, THE essay of a lifetime to educate the open-minded and those who care about facts and science, rather than facile, shortsighted matters such as "making sure teenagers don't kill themselves because of how hateful society is towards them" and other "human rights"-based arguments.

She didn't ask to become the shield for those millions of defenseless women at risk of being attacked by the FWWAATP gangs roaming the city streets. Just here in my city, 10,000 such incidents are reported daily. We have 2 national guards at every public W.C entrance and are in the process of installing cameras tastefully placed on the inside to keep pace with the onslaught of assaults we have been coping with.

I truly never knew how heroic and gritty that "bitch" as you call her, was until these past few weeks. It would have been so easy for her to turn her back on the billions(?) of silent FWWAATP victims and retain her immaculate reputation but all she cares about is her honor and doing what is right! Am I wrong to call her a saint? I don't think so. I mean, Jesus was never dragged on twitter so I'll let you guess who the better, more moral person is. (Hint, it's Rowling!).

Last edited: