• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Her dogwhistling is getting so tiresome. Hopefully she'll slip up with something less subtle eventually and we can chuck her off Twitter like Glinner.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What a hill to die on.

Hey, at least she has Hagrid on her side.

41EEgEbLcyL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
Safely nestled in her echo chamber, believing she's on the right side of history.

She is a remarkably persistent source of disappointment.

Piss off Joanne.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Her dogwhistling is getting so tiresome. Hopefully she'll slip up with something less subtle eventually and we can chuck her off Twitter like Glinner.

What is the dogwhistling here.

She's bluntly supporting a bigot's website that literally has a "proud transphobe" mug on it.

She's literally screaming it every tweet basically.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What is the dogshistling here.

She's bluntly supporting a bigot's website that literally has a "proud transphobe" mug on it.

She's literally screaming it every tweet basically.
As far as the wording she's actively using in her own tweets and statements, the bigotry is only obvious to those in the know on the issues. Many think Rowling reasonable and non-transphobic because of the carefully chosen wording and gaslighting tactics in her statement.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
"I am Angela C. Wild, Lesbian feminist, political artists and activist based in the UK.
As a Radical Feminist (NOT the fun kind !) I wanted to wear my politics and could not find the kind of messages I was looking for.
This is how Wild Womyn Workshop is born: a range of unique and beautifully designed items for radical womyn.

Wear your politic with pride! Raise your flag !"

Tell me what's the problem?
I don't want to dogpile, because many have already given loads of different examples why there is a problem.
I do want to point out, however, that asking like this makes it look like you're being obtuse on purpose. If you aren't, I think you should stop trusting self-descriptions like this. Almost every hateful group or person can introduce themselves and their cause in a way that sounds pleasant.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
JK doubling down on her terfness

I mean this ain't a even a double or triple or quad down... It's like a Sexagintaquadruple down at this point...

What trash

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
of course it is, because JK Rowling is a fucking transphobic shit heel and supports transphobia.
Yeah that was never in doubt for me, but this type of branding is. Like, wow... in a way she's like Trump for me. Every time I think she has reached the bottom, she finds a way to dig even deeper.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It just reminds me of all those Trump supporters who embraced "deplorable." Deplorable, yeah, that's us! We love you think that's what we are and we are going all the way!!

Who the hell puts a word they see as a slur on their t-shirt?

Like, anyone ever see a person walking around with a racist slur on their shirt used by racists to describe their target, and the target happens to be the wearer of said shirt? Just the word emblazoned all by itself?
It's how they try to spin shit to make it look like the word is meaningless. That's the only way to get their foot into the conversation that they are edged out of.

Rowling has built herself up to be a hero. she knows she's morally correct so she loves the constant vindication. The constant snarky sass she gets away with makes her look like a cool empowered woman and I'm sure it feeds her ego.

Transphobia is one of those things she thinks she's so right about. She probably was gobsmacked at how so many turned on her for her views. This is why she tries so pathetically to try and edge herself back into the conversation and why she continues to be such an obvious troll. She hates that she isn't correct or adored, but she's completely convinced she's morally correct on this issue too and is trying to use what she thinks is logic and feminism to justify herself. She's constantly reeling at showing her ass in all of this. She cant stand being wrong, she hates trans people, and she thinks her opinion should carry weight because she's a feminist.

Last edited:

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Piece of shit got it all made and yet, she can't help dedicate her time and resources to transphobia, she's consumed by it.

Meanwhile, as she has her hand on that transphobia button, shitty columnists tell her to go louder.

Fuck her, and fuck everyone who whines about a witch hunt, cancel culture, etc. They're all a fucking mob kicking as hard as they can a vulnerable minority, they can all burn in hell.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Honestly, on the scale of shitty stuff she's said/done, this doesn't seem particularly noteworthy or threadworthy. Like of course it's awful, of course she is a bigot, of course she's choosing to use her enormous platform to promote... this. But as a trans user of this forum who is directly harmed by Rowling's rhetoric, I'd appreciate some restraint when considering which of her shitty actions/statements to highlight.

I don't need to be reminded every time JKR farts out some transphobic opinion or association anymore, it's not news. You could make the argument that it's raising awareness for cis users who might not realize how bad she is, but I'd say that pretty much everyone has made up their minds at this point as to whether they're fine with JKR's transphobia and care more about playing their new hype videogame than respecting or protecting trans people.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Is she unable to do anything that's not transphobic at this point? Like, is she just a Batman villain, but instead of being incapable of going to the store without leaving a clue, or flipping a coin or whatever, she has to do some transphobic bullshit?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
On top of everything else I do want to stop this co-opting of the word "witch" by TERFs before that goes anywhere

Witches would be on board with anyone being who they want to be, their problems are almost always with the priveleged

If anyone has been using it as a "slur" against her I'd advise changing it because it's way too complimentary

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Is she unable to do anything that's not transphobic at this point? Like, is she just a Batman villain, but instead of being incapable of going to the store without leaving a clue, or flipping a coin or whatever, she has to do some transphobic bullshit?

Seems like a full time occupation for her now. I'm genuinely curious at what she does day to day. 12 hours on mumsnet then the rest of the evening writing screeds and coming up with other bigoted shite.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
god the audacity of this privileged white boomer is just something else. anyway i love my trans sisters who are unequivocally women.

Dec 31, 2017
I think she's pretty much done a lot at this point to prove that she's a transphobic. This is low on the list of surprising things.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord. I truly wish that somebody she respects could talk some sense into her. But, she seems too far gone at this point. Hopefully she'll fade away into irrelevancy sooner or later.

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite (meaning most farcical) thing about TERFS is how they consider themselves gender abolitionists and what they think gender abolition means.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
"I am Angela C. Wild, Lesbian feminist, political artists and activist based in the UK.
As a Radical Feminist (NOT the fun kind !) I wanted to wear my politics and could not find the kind of messages I was looking for.
This is how Wild Womyn Workshop is born: a range of unique and beautifully designed items for radical womyn.

Wear your politic with pride! Raise your flag !"

Tell me what's the problem?

Lots of people mentioned other stuff so I will you a little bit about history.

"Feminists" who are transphobes are called TERFs because in the 70's, feminists of the "radical" ideology (a type, not an amount) decided to make a trans exclusionary festival called "womyn born womyn" ("womyn" being a way to write woman without man) and were criticized by denying the identity of both trans women and trans men.

Radical feminists also created the "political lesbianism" that were basically men hating to the extreme, where straight women choose to be lesbians because "all strsigh sex is rape"

For a while TERFs used the acronym proudly but recently they changed to "gender critical" to make it more marketable in their bigotry. They propose to destroy gender by reinforcing gender norms related to genitals. Or something.

In other words, your paragraph has like 6 red flags that this is transphobic as fuck

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
This thread isn't really news about Rowling. Let's try to avoid signalboosting topics like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.