• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
venturebeat.com

JJ Abrams’ Bad Robot launches internal game studio headed by Left 4 Dead creator

JJ Abrams' film and television company Bad Robot has launched its own game development studio, Bad Robot Games Studio.

JJ Abrams' film company Bad Robot has launched its own game development studio, Bad Robot Games Studio. The entertainment company run by the Star Wars filmmaker has hired Michael Booth, a veteran game creator behind titles such as Valve's Left 4 Dead.

Booth will be the general manager of the internal studio, and he will report to former Valve and Oculus leader Anna Sweet, who was recently hired as the CEO of Bad Robot Games

jj-abrams-cool-guys-dont-look-at-explosions-keyboard.gif

kauec

Chicken Chaser
Dec 27, 2017
Brazil
Finally a survival horror game set in the Cloverfield universe. Been waiting for this for 12 years.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Every now and then I'll check what Michael Booth is up to because the shit he did with the AI Director on L4D was genius. I believe he also worked on the bots on Counter Strike.

I hope whatever he makes next is just as revolutionary.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I hope they make short AAA experiences. We need more high quality 5-8 hours games too. Make it like a TV season in episodes.

It worked well for Hitman.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Bad Robot does have game development experience. They made an awful game mode for TF2 that nobody plays or cares about.