• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
https://deadline.com/2019/04/jimmy-...arrelson-jamie-foxx-jimmy-burrows-1202598689/

Jimmy Kimmel will present a live 90-minute primetime event on ABC paying tribute to Norman Lear's groundbreaking comedy series All in the Family and The Jeffersons.

An original episode from each iconic Lear comedy will be re-created; James Burrows is directing the live special. Live In Front Of A Studio Audience: Norman Lear's 'All In The Family' and 'The Jeffersons' will air Wednesday, May 22, 8-9:30 PM ET.

Woody Harrelson will play Archie Bunker, with Marisa Tomei as wife Edith in the recreation of All In The Family. Jamie Foxx and Wanda Sykes take the roles of George and Louise Jefferson in the All in the Family spinoff, The Jeffersons.

Ellie Kemper will play Gloria Stivic, Will Ferrell will appear as Tom Willis and Justina Machado is set to play Florence Johnston, with more casting announcements to come.

This is a brilliant idea and I'm really interested in seeing All in the Family being played on modern television. That show was really groundbreaking.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
It's a neat idea... but nobody can replace Caroll O'Conner, Sherman Hemsley, or any of those classic characters. This sounds like it's going to be... hard to watch.

Edit: Oh God.. Will Ferrel is in this? Now it's officially garbage.

Oct 31, 2017
Will Ferrell as Tom Willis is probably the most inspired casting choice here.

Justina Machado as Flo.... I don't like it but I guess they're trying to update that particular role for 2019

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching this? I'm not sure I'm feeling Woody Harrelson as Archie Bunker. Its also weird seeing a modern piece of network television with the term coloreds and over the top stereotypes being thrown around. Just stands out in the age of the dogwhistle and gaslighting.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching this? I'm not sure I'm feeling Woody Harrelson as Archie Bunker. Its also weird seeing a modern piece of network television with the term coloreds and over the top stereotypes being thrown around. Just stands out in the age of the dogwhistle and gaslighting.

I'm waiting for it to show up on Hulu, but yeah. That was my initial thought when I heard this. Archie Bunker in 2019 is wild.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Barinholtz isn't too bad as Meathead either.

I can't think of many who could do Archie without trying to seem like a tryhard. I think Harrelson is doing good because he isn't channeling the same mannerisms.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Jamie Foxx as George Jefferson is amazing!

Edit: Oh my god the strut when he finally enters the house! I need a gif of that!

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Especially Marisa Tomei. That was the wost Jean Stapleton impression anyone could have done.

aslJfO5.gif