• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
4drbq6.jpg

I like this. I like this a lot.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thank God for Jim! Always been a fan of him, so it's cool seeing he gets an OT here

Podquisition 297: Tiny Lego Train (with Special Guest Tanya DePass)

Callandor

Oct 27, 2017

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Really disappointed that we're relegating Sterling to an OT, next we'll move the thread to the OT side and it'll be that much less visible.
Hopefully we keep the Jimquisition threads because lord knows we don't need less discussing of Industry BS.
Heck I'll be buying Nintendo's latest all star games that's gonna release soon and I fully expect him to go ham on Nintendo for the stupidity of it all.
I don't even care if I disagree with him or not in that case, wouldn't be the 1st time and it still wouldn't mean that I wouldn't want more exposure for his work.

I was so mindfucked when I encountered the "Bethesda is Bethetic" theme in a real game.
It actually improved my appreciation of the game even!

Haribokart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate youtubers but Jim is one of the good ones. Usually watch his videos when I see a thread on them, I'm glad that now we have an OT for him in addition to the threads when he posts a new video. Which will happen. Good job OP :)

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Really disappointed that we're relegating Sterling to an OT, next we'll move the thread to the OT side and it'll be that much less visible.
Hopefully we keep the Jimquisition threads because lord knows we don't need less discussing of Industry BS.
Heck I'll be buying Nintendo's latest all star games that's gonna release soon and I fully expect him to go ham on Nintendo for the stupidity of it all.
I don't even care if I disagree with him or not in that case, wouldn't be the 1st time and it still wouldn't mean that I wouldn't want more exposure for his work.
I think that this is a OT for Jim related things while people can still make threads for any of his videos

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the OT, but put me down as another who hope individual threads continue. I would hate to ser all the salty fuckers mad that Jim laid into their personal sacred cow win.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Same here in feeling this thread isn't really necessary, and individual threads should continue. Having an OT allows the whiners to block this one thread and be able to completely avoid any of the multitude of issues Jim discusses. They should be challenged.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Thanks for the OT, but put me down as another who hope individual threads continue. I would hate to ser all the salty fuckers mad that Jim laid into their personal sacred cow win.
Given the staff's responses, the Jimquisitions will still get individual threads. I wasn't keen on this OT in the beginning, but now it's a nice little area to house his smaller content that probably doesn't warrant its own thread. I think this will have the end result of amplifying him even more, because we'll end up talking about stuff that's so small it wouldn't even get a small thread for it. I've come around on the thread.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
Ok, i'm all for Jim sterling. But wouldn't this go under the gaming hangout section of the site? Like all other influencer/reviewers?

This isn't just against Sterling. But it's like how kinda funny, game explain, easy allies, etc don't get their own thread here. If they post something regarding a topic it gets posted on a thread that is usually already made (like the Avengers reviews/hype check threads), or it get's put in their |OT|... Or if it genuinely is new content that is outside of their respective opinions it then gets it's own thread. Like if they say something dumb or get a good scoop.

Again, I'm not against Jim and have watched him for the better part of the decade. But I don't think this is the correct space for this type of thread.

Feel free to disagree.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I highly recommend btw that anyone who thinks he's too negative try out podquisition. He's much more down to earth and in the moment on it. He does occasionally go hard on something but he also goes hard on things that he loves as well and why he loves them. Plus he's joined by the fantastic Laura K Buzz and Conrad Zimmerman.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Jim's one of the best critics of this industry out there, and he's been on fire lately. Great to see an OT, and I love the thread title.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Ok, i'm all for Jim sterling. But wouldn't this go under the gaming hangout section of the site? Like all other influencer/reviewers?

This isn't just against Sterling. But it's like how kinda funny, game explain, easy allies, etc don't get their own thread here. If they post something regarding a topic it gets posted on a thread that is usually already made (like the Avengers reviews/hype check threads), or it get's put in their |OT|... Or if it genuinely is new content that is outside of their respective opinions it then gets it's own thread. Like if they say something dumb or get a good scoop.

Again, I'm not against Jim and have watched him for the better part of the decade. But I don't think this is the correct space for this type of thread.

Feel free to disagree.
From what i seen OT are up for some week before they are moved to hangouts

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Wait we're still getting separate threads right? Jim's kinda annoying sometimes but I would hate to give in to one user who shit up multiple threads and then started another one to continue their tantrum.

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
Given the staff's responses, the Jimquisitions will still get individual threads. I wasn't keen on this OT in the beginning, but now it's a nice little area to house his smaller content that probably doesn't warrant its own thread. I think this will have the end result of amplifying him even more, because we'll end up talking about stuff that's so small it wouldn't even get a small thread for it. I've come around on the thread.
Yeah I've come round too, I posted in early morning and hadn't seen the mod responses. I definitely happier note that has been clarified.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I like Sterling videos. Sometimes I disagree those arguments but often I'm in the same page.

Also It's interesting how fast in some circles Sterling became from hero to zero after Naughty Dog and Last of Us 2 criticism.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I like Sterling videos. Sometimes I disagree those arguments but often I'm in the same page.

Also It's interesting how fast in some circles Sterling became from hero to zero after Naughty Dog and Last of Us 2 criticism.

This happens all the time, he was hacked for his review of BOTW.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Oct 27, 2017
I think this forum's propensity for making huge mega threads so things get buried is a bad thing. It takes one click next to a thread to ignore any thread you see that you don't like. Forcing people to subscribe to and follow dozens of threads that often contain pages and pages of chat room content between major relevant content releases is awful.
This!

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Thanks for this. Love this man's content, but i agree that every thread about his videos become a shitshow on this site (probably on every gaming site)
But he makes really good points about the industry

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Shouldn't the thread title be changed to reflect the name of the new video or will that make people mad that shunned us away into a OT?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Is this important enough for a thread?

We've had a good amount of threads with people going back and forth about how shitty manufactured scarcity for a barebones collection of ports is, and I don't think Jim is saying anything really new on top of those existing discussions.

However, it would be funny to see all the corporate apologists pile in to one thread to complain about Jim complaining about things and bend over backwards to defend what is clearly an anti-consumer move so...

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Expected video. Fully agree. Nintendo stuff is my jam, but the decisions are just...baffling

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Honestly this time limit thing annoys me more than costumes in Avengers or whatever. I can't understand Nintendo.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
We've had a good amount of threads with people going back and forth about how shitty manufactured scarcity for a barebones collection of ports is, and I don't think Jim is saying anything really new on top of those existing discussions.

However, it would be funny to see all the corporate apologists pile in to one thread to complain about Jim complaining about things and bend over backwards to defend what is clearly an anti-consumer move so...
I mean that's the whole point of making the thread. To point out that yes defending these corporations is wrong. Those are the same people that ruin discourse for most topics

eventually this OT will get moved to a different forum after 30 days and then the corporate apologist get their wish. They don't have to see that their favorite company is wrong.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

I had arguments before about how Nintendo being realistic with its shipping estimates was not really them trying to manufacture scarcity for financial reasons more than an unwillingness to overship, devalue their IPs and make sure their B&M partners weren't filling their inventory with unwanted product from them.
And then the morons have to make all my arguments go poof because of course.
i love Nintendo but seriously they're baffingly Nintendo at times.

And yeah if it wasn't Nintendo, there would be blood in the streets for that....then again it's also because unlike the EAs and ATVI of the world they haven't trained people to be suspicious of them at every turn.