• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hades looks great, it's high praise when Jim puts it alongside Bloodborne and Silent Hill 2.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Jim hype up a roguelike just reminds me that I share very little of his tastes in games. I watch his Jimquisitions but his recs don't have much value for me

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Jim's really on a roll with these last two videos. The GaaS situation is really reminding me of when everyone and their mother was making MOBAs. It's a style of game that inherently relies on massive time investment from players, which means that most players can only keep up with one or two of them at a time. That means any new GaaS is competing with every other GaaS, essentially. It's just not sustainable. But then when did corporations ever care about sustainability?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Jim's really on a roll with these last two videos. The GaaS situation is really reminding me of when everyone and their mother was making MOBAs. It's a style of game that inherently relies on massive time investment from players, which means that most players can only keep up with one or two of them at a time. That means any new GaaS is competing with every other GaaS, essentially. It's just not sustainable. But then when did corporations ever care about sustainability?

It's why I fell off of Genshin Impact REAL fast. I saw the time sink and I'm already deep into other games. I let my sub in FF14 expire so I could focus on those games, so why jump into some other endless grind? Now I seem to have missed out on the FOMO (lol) and won't ever be able to get into it now. Should probably count myself lucky!

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Funny, I was literally thinking this exact same thing, but a decade earlier; MMOs instead of MOBAs. Same massive time investment, same ultra-competitive market, same unsustainable development cycles. The gaming graveyard is packed to the sod with dead MMOs that were "WoW Killers," and this just shows game publishers have learned nothing.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Funny, I was literally thinking this exact same thing, but a decade earlier; MMOs instead of MOBAs. Same massive time investment, same ultra-competitive market, same unsustainable development cycles. The gaming graveyard is packed to the sod with dead MMOs that were "WoW Killers," and this just shows game publishers have learned nothing.
They have to ensure investors they too are releasing a game in 'Gameplay/Genre type X' , that's really all it is. X is making money why are we not making our own X?

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
There was a quick reference in this video, which makes me think it was mostly in the can already when the new CDPR story broke. You know Jim's going to do a full video on it, though. It deserves a Jimquisition slot, but I could also see him doing a quicker video this week while the topic is fresh.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Not really gaming related, but it is Jim related, so I figured it'd be okay.

jgxyjcty2jx51.jpg

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
That last bit was great to hear! Jim was point with this one, I was hoping for an initial repeat of his "100% objective review" but this is probably better.

Veezy

Oct 27, 2017
Today is the day, we should reach across the aisle, to people, who want to put us in handcuffs.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I honestly wonder if Jim is just preaching to the choir at this point, or if there's really people belonging to the fuck-you-i-got-mine side of things watching them and thinking about them, instead of immediately going "lol sjw crybaby leftist" as usual.

I really wish there would be, but I have trouble imagining.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I honestly wonder if Jim is just preaching to the choir at this point, or if there's really people belonging to the fuck-you-i-got-mine side of things watching them and thinking about them, instead of immediately going "lol sjw crybaby leftist" as usual.

I really wish there would be, but I have trouble imagining.
In this era of content creation nearly everyone is preaching to the choir.

We all curate our own forms of entertainment to coincide with our belief systems. That's why it's so easy to get into a bubble nowadays.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

And I struggle with that now. Decades of very restrictive and invalidating thoughts take a long time to uproot. I still worry about validity and whether or not I'm "allowed." But I am non-binary, and transitioning, and pretty fucking happy about it.

I have to admit they have the personality type that made this a surprise for me. But good for them.
Maybe this was already well known and I am late to the party?

Menome

Oct 25, 2017

And I struggle with that now. Decades of very restrictive and invalidating thoughts take a long time to uproot. I still worry about validity and whether or not I'm "allowed." But I am non-binary, and transitioning, and pretty fucking happy about it.

I have to admit they have the personality type that made this a surprise for me. But good for them.

They came out as non-binary fairly recently, only earlier this year. I'm the opposite to you though, where I wasn't surprised at all though. 😊🤷‍♀️

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Man, so glad they're coming out and that makes them happy. Not surprised with this though. I kinda suspected something but didn't really question it, assumed that many people knew but noone really talked about it.

Kudos on you Sterling. You deserve to be yourself and be happy.

PS: Do we know the preferred pronoun? Kinda defaulted to "them"

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

A bit late but not that much. It was relatively recent if I recall though to be honest this year has sort of congealed into a blindingly fast/molasses slow morass of unintelligible time passing for me. Also worth noting Jim doesn't appear to be overly particular about pronouns at this point, twitter Bio says "he/they/anything".

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
So superior Jim got a PS5 in the end. If it already wasn't clear, Jim is better than all of us together, and we must accept it.

Thank god for Jim and their new PS5.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So superior Jim got a PS5 in the end. If it already wasn't clear, Jim is better than all of us together, and we must accept it.

Thank god for Jim and their new PS5.

for a second i thought "wow, maybe im as good as jim". Then i saw that he has a ps5, even though i have a ps5, im still not as good as, or better than jim. Maybe if i start forcing myself to enjoy dynasty warriors, ill get somewhere.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've been thinking about a lot in the context of game prices/fidelity is how the 3DS-Switch transition has killed the last sub-HD platform. A platform where the standard price of games at $40 was relatively successful for the first half of the last decade, with 75 million units sold, and a number of developers who were able to put out relatively lower-budget games for it have struggled to maintain their output on the Switch and/or PS4. The success of those two machines is undoubtedly a good thing, and I'm sure both will continue to be supported for the next couple of years, but the end of the 3DS really was the end of an era there.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't often say thank God for Jim, but thank God for Jim. Latest Jimquisition is right on the money. Shame on anyone who defends the price hike, frankly. Must be nice to piss away £70-£100 on Just Another Assassin's Creed without even flinching.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Anyone who brings inflation into the discussion but doesn't mention wage stagnation is a fucking clown. The combination of the two means that people are aready spending more on everything else except games, which means that $60 is already proportionally more of a person's take-home cash than it used to be. It's so dishonest to just focus on inflation to the exclusion of everything else.