• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
They gave the position to the one guy who told them not to make a PS Classic, Jim "why the fuck would you play old games" Ryan.

Last edited:

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Reading up on Ryan, wow. He's been with SIEE since 1994, and was the main dude in charge since 2011. Damn. He's been doing some good things over there.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
CT3F8Ea.png

Hmm

Ruh roh raggy

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhhh wasn't it Kodera that was heading up all the background stuff recently with babe changes & increased storage? I know I read somewhere that he's a network guy. What's going on?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Jim Ryan is a bit of an asshole, but obviously very good at his job. So weird to see Kodera out of the position so quickly though.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Uhhhhh wasn't it Kodera that was heading up all the background stuff recently with babe changes & increased storage? I know I read somewhere that he's a network guy. What's going on?

He's still there, Kodera and Ryan just switched positions. Kodera is now deputy president, Ryan is president, uh, president.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
The amount of drive-by shitposting in this thread is insane.
And also to be expected. Can't even be bothered to complain about it anymore.

It's in this forums DNA to react to shit without reading or doing a modicum of research just to get their shit hot takes on the first page. It's like those "first!" posts that dominated forums like N4G.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Woah boy, imagine if we get backwards compatibility.

People will be so confused.

What's with all the hmm?
It's people that think that what one person dreaming up an off-the-cuff excuse as to why the corporation doesn't implement BC means that PS5 isn't getting BC.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
People laugh at Jim Ryan as if he wasn't one of the best at Sony and people forget his impact on Sony's success.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this doesn't mean no backwards compability.

Please man, just this once don't fuck it up.
Yeah, he just went to the room where they do the PS5 and crossed out BC on the board. It was a weird decision given that R&D and supply chain management still takes years to plan and execute but somehow he managed to change the hardware design months after it was probably finalized.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BC. dead.

Cross play. Dead

Studios. Closed.

But the Children are Protected and Knack 3 is confirmed.