• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I hope they dont go too crazy. But I suspect it will be a pretty standard console. And thats not meant as "meh" and more thats exactly what I want personally.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Handheld is hard. PSP would work well enough, but Vita's touchscreen and rear touchpad would create complications.
I think the Touchscreen can be replicated via touchpad, even if it's not as good and be approximations. I think the rear touch will be harder but if they have the paddles with the oled touch screen, that would also generate a similar experience. Not much games use the back beyond buttons. Only game I've ever played that used it extensively is Tearaway.
The SSD has already been announced...
It even says it in the same paragraph

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Full BC (PS1-PS4 and handheld)
Enhanced BC

With Sony dropping handhelds, they might as well integrate that content into their consoles.
Since they have to be very particular about wording things for legal reasons, they'll never say full BC since they can't account for weird shit like Buzz or eye of judgment and thousands of other games unless they crowd-source that stuff for a time. I hope it gets as good as it gets or maybe even have the Microsoft solution of a team working on particular older games.
Enhanced BC would look so great for PS1 games, PS3 games are so weird and requires a software solution to emulate it since i can't imagine them making specific hardware in the PS5 for that. PS3 emulation is getting pretty good but Sony has to make its own solution.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
What year is it lmao

First

_____
d29izpz-d76c5c33-602f-4c3f-8d07-061d66544156.png

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
I've always stuck with Sony, but I've ever really been excited for a new console before like I am with the PS5. This would be the first time I consider getting a console at launch.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
The ''unique element'' is that next God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon and every new FP game will only be playable on PS5 and not PS4.

Y'all are welcome.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"It's the most powerful PlayStation we've ever made, and we think you are going to love it"

I think the unique feature will just be the touchpads evolution unto a basic little black and white OLED screeen.

(And probably PSVR2.0)

Oct 25, 2017
Since they have to be very particular about wording things for legal reasons, they'll never say full BC since they can't account for weird shit like Buzz or eye of judgment and thousands of other games unless they crowd-source that stuff for a time. I hope it gets as good as it gets or maybe even have the Microsoft solution of a team working on particular older games.
Enhanced BC would look so great for PS1 games, PS3 games are so weird and requires a software solution to emulate it since i can't imagine them making specific hardware in the PS5 for that. PS3 emulation is getting pretty good but Sony has to make its own solution.
Oh, that was just my way of expressing it. I basically meant supporting every gen. I know getting every single game would be an absurdly difficult task.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
What's that I hear? It's something in the distance. Almost sounds like some kind of train. Some kind of hype train. It sounds like it's getting closer.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh you know what? I hope it's a firmware level controller profiler like Steam Input. One of the best controllers on PC is DS4 because of Steam Input, (best being Steam Controller itself of course). DS4 gets to use gyro and touch commands for whatever you want, however you want thanks to Steam Input, and maybe even DS4Windows now that I think about it thanks to the new version release.

This would be a game changer for console, like it is for me on PC. No more relying on game developers to have a gyro setting to enable and tweak. No more asking for sprint to be on the L1 or R1 instead of L3. No more wanting a better button config system so you can make changes to be able to play more comfortably due to an injury or disability.
w22aRvw.png

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
This 3d audio business.... Does one need to have an Atmos like set up with height speakers?

I sure hope it is more than an unbranded Atmos.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Siri variation in the controller to talk to it and take you where you want.

Hey PlayStation, send a message to CODDamnit and tell him that I hate his camping ass.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Sony sees Microsoft's cinder block consoles and gonna one up it with the sphere design saved for the PS9

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is weird, I did have some industry insight about the console and tbh there wasn't much on the plate I would expect them to tease like this.
It's making me wonder if there is something else they're still working on not disclosed to whom they're about to ship devkits.
I would be curious to see if someone is working with AI/ML to change the way we play.

Yea, this conflicts with what some people are saying about it:

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Load times next to nothing by the boss himself.

I wonder if it's gonna backfire if games become so much more complex in 4-5 years that they will still take 30 seconds to load.
Well it seems like these consoles will be able to fill the entire RAM allocation within a few seconds so I don't see how it could get any slower than that for the entirety of the generation.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure he's talking about some OS features. I don't expect some radical new hardware thing based off what they've already announced.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would love it if we could get PlayStation Store wishlists, gifting and all the features which come with those already
We just got name changes with weird restrictions. I'd bet on OS features, recording/streaming likely, over some backend network changes going off their track record. One can hope though, I really like wishlists, especially for sale time.