• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
In 2009 Carrey penned an article where he linked rising numbers of autism in children to vaccines for rubella, mumps and measles.

He argued that ruling against causation was a "huge leap in logic", going on to argue that, "anecdotal evidence of millions of parents who've seen their totally normal kids regress into sickness and mental isolation after a trip to the pediatrician's office must be seriously considered".

In 2015 California passed tough laws requiring all schoolchildren to be vaccinated, disallowing parents to opt out for religious or personal beliefs. Carrey called the enacting Governor a "corporate fascist," following the move.

"California Gov. says yes to poisoning more children with mercury and aluminium [sic] in manditory [sic] vaccines," Carrey tweeted.

He went on to clarify, "I repeat! I AM PRO-VACCINE/ANTI-NEUROTOXIN, as is Robert Kennedy Jr."

"All we are saying is, 'Take the neurotoxins out of the vaccines.' Make them toxin free. History will show that was a reasonable request."

Jim Carrey is partly responsible for spreading a disinformation campaign that directly leads to children and babies getting killed so while I theoretically find his antics greatly entertaining: Fuck him.

OP
OP
TheUnseenTheUnheard

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

Jim Carrey is partly responsible for spreading a disinformation campaign that directly leads to children and babies getting killed so while I find his antics greatly entertaining and would theoratically like to enjoy it: Fuck him.

He went back on it. And that was more than 10 years ago. Easiest ignore.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
He was on a uk late night show the other week and I thought he came off really weird.. also was being awkward with Margot Robbie

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Was ever been clarified what happened to her ex girlfriend who killed herself?
She was depressed and killed herself. Her shitty ex-husband claims its Carrey's fault, but I wouldn't put too much trust into the guy that (together with that ex-girlfriend) faked an STD test to sue Carrey for giving her an STD. (She had the STD before the affair with Carrey.)

OP
OP
TheUnseenTheUnheard

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
The only walk back I can see is saying he was "pro-vaccine/anti-neurotoxin" because of the use of a type of mercury in vaccines, even though there's no evidence it's dangerous in small doses. Which is a weak-ass differentiation. If you have any other links, HMU.
At the end of the day he thought he was helping people. His heart was in the right place. Of course the consequences could be significant and he should have better informed himself. A lot of people think it was his girlfriend that put some of this into his head.

Oct 30, 2017
Glad to see Jim coming out of his shell more these days. It seemed like he withdrew and was pretty depressed for a while and it reflected in his artwork. It seems he's in a better place at present.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
At the end of the day he thought he was helping people. His heart was in the right place. Of course the consequences could be significant and he should have better informed himself. A lot of people think it was his girlfriend that put some of this into his head.

Ah, throw in a bit of misogny where the girlfriend is responsible for a 50-year-old-man spouting conspiracy theories about vaccines causing autism, hell yeah.

Also, please stop saying that "he went back on it" without quoting him doing that. He never did that. What he did was saying what I quoted above. In there, he didn't go back on it at all, he doubled down on it. "I don't have anything against vaccines, I just want them to take the neurotoxins out of them!" is a bit like saying "I'm not racist, I just wish that black people were less violent and dangerous!"

Clearly you were misinformed, thinking that a) he said this only once 10 years ago and b) that he went back on it. None of this is true. That's OK. What's really, really not OK is first excusing this utter idiocy that established and normalized a trend of being anti-science that directly leads to children dying of sicknesses long thought conquered with "well, he meant well" and THEN making not him but his unnamed girlfriend responsible for it.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
What's really, really not OK is
coming in and derailing a thread like you did. It's getting annoying at this point. Can't post a single thread about anything anymore without someone coming up with a "they did this and that which is why they suck". If you actually gave a shit you would make a thread about it instead.