• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
where is zelda on adventure of link for game boy. her name is clearly in the title

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Jezebel said:
"Chun-Li.............ultimate street fight"

giphy.gif

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It's bait for people to go "Oh honey, let me educate you about this clearly wrong thing, because I genuinely can believe you didn't know."

A lot of people took the bait.

Oh, I guess I see that. I admit it went over my head. I could see it was a joke, but I just couldn't grasp the context of what they were aiming at.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
So knowingly making a false statement to try and get a rise out of the reader? Now that's what I look for in my journalism.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
8Xs3Omv.jpg

OP: Man the guy who made this image really messed up! They don't pay graphic artists enough these days, so we only get things like this.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
one of my favorite things is accuse websites of trying to get clicks as if the whole point of putting content on the internet isn't for it to be seen

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chun Li showed up in Wreck it Ralph and Ready Player One but not in her own movie

brb cancelling my gamepass sub

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I do feel vaguely hesitant about the joke being that the article writer is supposedly confused that the Chinese character from Street Fighter isn't in the franchise based on Big Trouble in Little China, but I'm not in the position to be offended about that and I'm not sure if anyone who is would actually care.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I do feel vaguely hesitant about the joke being that the article writer is supposedly confused that the Chinese character from Street Fighter isn't in the movie based on Big Trouble in Little China, but I'm in the position to be offended about that and I'm not sure if anyone who is would actually care.

that seems like kind of a reach

Do outlets typically make updates and corrections for satire?

it's part of the joke

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
I will never understand people finding glee in shitposting and then giggling at people being stupid in response.

"Trolling fucking sucks. Unless I do it. Then it's HILARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIOUS".
This thread on ERA illustrates the humor and the problem. OP paid too little attention to the subject to understand the ploy. Therefore the joke replicates itself.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I don't think some people here realise just how often women (still!) get mansplained to about video games...
The fact that the article was full of clues that this is a bit, and it being a bit is repeated constantly here, and there are are still people who are convinced it's not a bit, is pretty damning.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand people finding glee in shitposting and then giggling at people being stupid in response.

"Trolling fucking sucks. Unless I do it. Then it's HILARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIOUS".
damn i wonder what wider issue is being lampooned in this (reads notes) jezebel article