• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I am starting to get really stir crazy and wanted to pick this up to move around while on lock down.

$300! WHAT THE HELL?? I guess I am not the first genius to think of this.

Is there any word from Nintendo on increasing stock or am I just stuck?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I am starting to get really stir crazy and wanted to pick this up to move around while on lock down.

$300! WHAT THE HELL?? I guess I am not the first genius to think of this.

Is there any word from Nintendo on increasing stock or am I just stuck?
yep old news my dude.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, there isn't much stock due to COVID-19. Same goes for actual Switches.

If China really is gonna start production back up, we may see stock return. But that won't be for a while.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are new copies of the game even being shipped to stores? I've definitely considered trying to hunt down a new copy at MSRP but I'm not even sure if stores are still receiving them.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yah, the scalping and supply constraints on it right now are total garbage. Damn shame.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I sold mine for $250 CAD, Brand New. I regret it and I ordered one for $250 CAD, Brand New.

I am a dumb ass.

I am keeping a look out for any $99 CAD copies out there I think I will pass them on to people here if they ever come in stock.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish i picked it up back before I started working from home. Would've been a nice tool to have

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I paid for itt for 80 euros(which is the normal price right?) 10 days ago but haven't received it yet.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to snag one at Walmart 3 weeks ago for 70$.

There was 4 sitting on the shelf. Sat there for quite a bit as well. Not sure why. They are definitely gone now though. Online said the were all out too at the time. Was odd.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I feel bad but I got it as a gift for Christmas and an extra 250-300 dollars would be really welcome right now. I doubt I will do it but I'm tempted!

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I really wanted it last year and never pulled the trigger and here we are, welcome to hell.

Keep your eyes on Wario64 he posts when any harder to find item becomes available somewhere, he's been doing it with any switch listings the last few weeks for the same reason.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
really thankful I managed to grab a copy before they all vanished from existence

it's a great thing to have right now

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I wish more people could get it right now. I have 40 hours in RIngFit now and I feel awesome. 67 days of workouts since Christmas!

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
We need to start putting together a list of all these threads... feels like there has been a new thread for this every few days for three months.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
looking at ebay is pissing me off god damn
source.gif

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'll say this in every thread, but I remember seeing a lone Ring Fit on a Target endcap about three weeks ago right before shit hit the fan.

Kinda wish I had nabbed it, but I've got so much else to play as it is.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
The sad thing is there are countless unofficial rings available, yet Nintendo refuses to just put the game on the eShop to alleviate this stock issue.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Man and where I work they were collecring dust in for quitesome time. They're all probably gone now.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Sold mine on eBay via auction over the weekend, got ÂŁ200.

Hadn't touched it in a long while, saw what it was selling for and thought why not! No regrets.

Not often that my gaming purchases become investments.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
yup, its crazy. All the things that are low in quantity are becoming expensive.

I haven't touched my copy in a while. But I will probably start playing it again

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
You missed the window sadly, it had stock issue since December, and with the current pandemic situation, it won't get much better until like July at best.
Ordered one for 80€ ! :P
In France I noticed sellers like Fnac having stock, though they might go very quick.

Edit : nevermind I just checked and it's already gone, now those scalpers are asking nearly 300€

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I won it on eBay for $190. Definitely a crazy price to pay but I really am determined to keep working out so I bit the bullet. Great game and workout tool. so I don't regret it.

However, after the recent update, looks like prices have climbed even higher. Good luck if you're trying to find it. Just weigh the pros and cons of how much you need it.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I won it on eBay for $190. Definitely a crazy price to pay but I really am determined to keep working out so I bit the bullet. Great game.

However, after the recent update, looks like prices have climbed even higher. Good luck if you're trying to find it. Just weigh the pros and cons of how much you need it.

It's crazy that $190 sounds reasonable compared to what I see there today.

That's basically a few months of gym membership...

You missed the window sadly, it had stock issue since December, and with the current pandemic situation, it won't get much better until like July at best.

In France I noticed sellers like Fnac having stock, though they might go very quick.

Edit : nevermind I just checked and it's already gone, now those scalpers are asking nearly 300€

Woof. July at best... I hope I'm running outside at that point.

Jul 3, 2019
I'm pretty sure Nintendo really underestimated the appeal of the game so they under produced, then the virus happened and it just compounded the issue with the supply chain.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
the UK may see stock in the next 2-3 weeks. Our distribution warehouses are expecting some shipments with the first due in a fortnight (also for Switch consoles). Obviously with the current situation delays are possible/likely but that's the information I have available today. I assume other retailers will be getting stock about the same time as well.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
the UK may see stock in the next 2-3 weeks. Our distribution warehouses are expecting some shipments with the first due in a fortnight (also for Switch consoles). Obviously with the current situation delays are possible/likely but that's the information I have available today. I assume other retailers will be getting stock about the same time as well.

thanks for the heads up! hope the same holds true for the US

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy I bit the bullet and got a copy when the markup wasn't fucked at $120

Vexed

Jul 23, 2018
Actual Switch itself is hard to find and being marked up by a lot online seller now as well (Switch Lite is not).

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Nintendo really underestimated the appeal of the game so they under produced, then the virus happened and it just compounded the issue with the supply chain.
Pretty much. The game was constantly sold out in Japan prior to COVID; now the game is constantly sold out but with much less stock to sell each week, with more people wanting it then ever before.