• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Oh no I started watching that interview with Big Boi and he's like the bible belt, this is america, where you are free to worship Jesus, in the open and it's like bro you can go to church just about any damn place, the fuck are you even talking about

the oppression of billionaire republican evangelist christian fundamentalists must STOP!!!!!!

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty disappointed with this album, especially compared to the leaks which I thought had quite a lot of potential. The production is amazing but I'm not a fan of the lyrics at all.

Especially the change in the chorus on Use This Gospel from Law of Attractions. It doesn't flow nearly as well as the old one did.

The only songs I can see myself revisiting are Follow God, Use This Gospel, Hands On, and On God.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to make it clear - are we laughing WITH or AT Kanye?

This seems really similar to that time people thought Charlie Sheen was cool for being super fucked up and making memes instead of just seeing a sad and depressed man having a really bad time. Basically people encouraging his behavior. We don't need that again.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Interesting album after hearing it a couple times. My new rankings:

1. MBDTF
2. Late Registration
3. College Dropout
4. G.o.o.d. Music(Cruel Summer)
5. Graduation
6. Watch the Throne
7. All day(Single that released around Yeezus), Black Skinhead(Yeezus), New Slaves(Yeezus), GuiltTrip(Yeezus), Bound 2(Yeezus), a bunch of features he did(4, 5 seconds with Rihanna, This way with Dilated Peoples, American Boy with Estelle, Selfish with Slum Village, Talk about our love with Brandy, etc)
8. Ye
9. Jesus is King
10. The Life of Pablo
11. 808s and Heartbreak
12. The rest of Yeezus
13. Kids See Ghosts

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Don't eat crabs
Don't eat ham
Put away the instagram
That's the way you won't be damned
A message from the lord

All my clothes
You should buy
Help me keep my cash supplies
Also eat some waffle fries
A message from the lord

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
Maybe 3 or 4 songs here of any value.

his audience is almost exclusively high school and college kids who donate to youtube fringe right wing patreons, just look at kanye subreddits after his fucking horseshit republican chud dogwhistle ridden rants at recent sunday services.

thank you for doing what you do Agar25 btw
Bout the dumbest shit I ever read

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I tried listening to more of his Big Boi interview and I can definitely see how he comes up with his lines like the one about the model assholes hearing him speak off the cuff like this

EDIT: This is some "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more" tier shit where a handful of actually pointed ideas are muddled by concerns about, well, in this case weird shit like emergency contraception and, fuck I don't know, foreign handbags??

I give dude like 2 years before he starts holding up "ABORTION HURTS BLACK WOMEN" signs like I'd see sometimes in Virginia

Last edited:

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I'm just here incase it's some funny shit. How's it sounding?

It sounds like if you were just sitting there reading the Bible and then Kanye West shit into your ears.

Don't eat crabs
Don't eat ham
Put away the instagram
A message from the lord

All my clothes
You should buy
A message from the lord

Found Kanye's ghostwriter for JIK.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Ain't gonna lie 'On God' is pure flames. Beat sounds straight out of an arcade. Shame Ye had to ruin it with his nonsensical line about why he charges so much for his stuff.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always confused with this guy and this place. So much this place shits on him and his shit views and then each time he releases songs he gets a huge thread and people end up listening to it anyway.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Interesting album after hearing it a couple times. My new rankings:

1. MBDTF
2. Late Registration
3. College Dropout
4. G.o.o.d. Music(Cruel Summer)
5. Graduation
6. Watch the Throne
7. All day(Single that released around Yeezus), Black Skinhead(Yeezus), New Slaves(Yeezus), GuiltTrip(Yeezus), Bound 2(Yeezus), a bunch of features he did(4, 5 seconds with Rihanna, This way with Dilated Peoples, American Boy with Estelle, Selfish with Slum Village, Talk about our love with Brandy, etc)
8. Ye
9. Jesus is King
10. The Life of Pablo
11. 808s and Heartbreak
12. The rest of Yeezus
13. Kids See Ghosts
I hate this list because of your 808s ranking. CRIMINALLY underrated.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
oh god help me I'm still listening to this interview and the chorus is basically "god gave me the strength to beat cancel culture"

sure, it was god. not the 3 billion you said at the start was in your bank account.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Heard it. Mixing is fucking garbage. Everything else is unsurprisingly what I'd expect from a 2019 mentally unstable 'artist'.

GET HELP.

qSFqyvj.gif

Nothing1016

Oct 25, 2017
California
The last two albums by Kanye just feel like he got an idea and made an album in a few months and then released. there has been no care for absolute quality. So much potential to solidify himself as one of the greatest musical artists ever and instead he just squanders it away on some MAGA Jesus loving mediocrity.

First three albums (LR, CD, Grad.): Instant Classics
Second set of albums (808s, MBDTF, Yeezus): Incredibly influential with arguably the best album this decade.
Last three albums (TLOP, Ye, JIK): Rushed unfinished albums with reminders of past greatness.

Major life events between each set of albums and you can definitly tell the influence it is having on his creative process.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
ye and jesus is king better than 808's and heartbreak? lmao aight.

had zero hype for this album. its bad. oh well.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017

Don't eat crabs
Don't eat ham
Put away the instagram
A message from the lord

All my clothes
You should buy
A message from the lord

I never understood veggie tales

How do we get kids into God? Oh I know vegetables! Kids love vegetables

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, seems like he's entered the middling album part of his career. I'm sure he'll bounce back once his kids hit their teen years.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Ok. finished listening to it, i love it more than ye even if i think he's pulling a rasta snoop on us.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Kanye honestly just sucks now and I cant explain it. I know it's wrong to compare, but his old religious stuff was much better.
And fuck it, even Coloring Book is a better religious album than this.

Kanye spends all this time on a project and just rushes the ending. I think before he could get away with this because the creativity and talent was at it's peak but this is what? 3 albums in a row that feel half baked?

Kids See Ghost was a fluke

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I'm always confused with this guy and this place. So much this place shits on him and his shit views and then each time he releases songs he gets a huge thread and people end up listening to it anyway.
Ye has too much history with a lot of people. This goes back like 15 years. His songs shaped music history. And I am not even being hyperbolic. So at this point in time people just don't care. They will talk trash about him but will still at least give him a listen.

Oct 26, 2017
California
I really enjoy after a first listen. The songs that really caught my attention were On God (with amazing production from Pierre), Everything We Need and Use This Gospel. The latter two caught me cause they were originally tracks from Yandhi that I really liked as well (I think I like the original Yandhi versions better though).

This album has been a long time coming and it isn't a disappointment for me. Already on my second listen I'm digging every song way more now that I'm sunk into the mood.

Man I fucking LOVE On God. God bless Pierre.
On God, Hands On, and Use This Gospel are 🔥

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
man I really hate to make this post

but I gave it a second listen now that I'm home from work and I fucked with it a lot more. It's still sloppy, terribly mixed and most of the lyrics are bad but it definitely felt better the second go around. I'll give it a third go after I binge some Bojack.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Leave it modern Ye to take XXXTENTACION off of the Storm but still end up with a lesser track somehow.

Anyone saying this is trash (at least sonically) is something else. At the very least, it's decent. Yeezus is still his worst album.

You just praised the production on this album and shit on Yeezus. Something else indeed.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
I hate this list because of your 808s ranking. CRIMINALLY underrated.
👆🏿
no way in hell 808s would ever be that low. Top 3.

ye and jesus is king better than 808's and heartbreak? lmao aight.

had zero hype for this album. its bad. oh well.

so we have people ranking 808s at the bottom huh

how'd we get here
The only good songs to me on that album are four of them: Love lockdown, Heartless, Amazing, and See you in my Nightmares. The rest is sub par. On top of that, Kanye's skill with autotune became way more refined in later projects including MBDTF, Yeezus, Pablo, Ye, and now JiK. That's why it aged worse than some of other albums, because he simply did better later on. The only reason I put Pablo so low with 808s is because the album is such a mess structurally and it has too much filler. A more refined and polished Pablo could have been ranked way higher. But you can't really 'fix' 808s. It stays where it stays.

Last edited:

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
We went from this:

Thinkin' 'bout the girl in all-leopard
Who was rubbin' the wood like Kiki Shepard
Two tattoos, one read "no apologies"
The other said "love is cursed by monogamy"
That's somethin' that the pastor don't preach
That's somethin' that a teacher can't teach

To this shit.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Listened on the way home from work. Wow. This is straight garbage. I think one decent track that's not that good even.

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
after the maga shit i cant say i have much personal investment in his private life, and imo his albums have been very hit or miss after MBDTF (Yeezus was not very good to me save for a handful of songs, TLOP was middling, and Ye was just nonsensical garbage. I didn't listen to Kids See Ghosts). However, for him to make an album that isn't a sloppy, rushed mess requires him to really be isolated or to at least take a break of some kind.

I think this album is more of a grower, listening to it a few more times has gotten me to like it more than i initially did, still doesn't make it any less sloppy but I'm starting to like it better than TLOP at least. There's something charming about it at the very least.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Oh his thing about TLOP being a gospel album but having a thong on the cover, and he's so close to Getting It that it's frustrating that this is what he came up with in the end

(Hint: between 'hung out with sex workers' and 'was a billionaire' only one of those would accurately describe Jesus)